• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

On the Edge of Paradise [Diplomats or Any]
    As she left the gathering in Taiga, with a quick shift, she was airborne.  Beady garnet eyes useless to see the happenings, but what did she care.  Wasn't her problem.  Her time there was well spent.  Certain activities transpired that promised a new life growing inside her.  Maybe she would keep this one. Maybe.  

Leather bound wings fluttered quickly.  Escaping the death trap that was now the redwood forest of her homelands borders.  Her home had become stagnant lately and with no children tying her down currently she decided to venture farther than she ever had.  Flight was much quicker than land.  So why not make the most of it.  The main kingdom she had yet to visit was the purpose of her journey today.

It wasn't long and the coastal region was on her radar.  High pitched sounds echoed from her larynx.  Bouncing back to her ears for a map in her mind.  Who needs sight when you can paint digital picture with sound?  As she approached the land mass edges she found a spot in the tropical canopy to settle into.  Landing onto the course bark of a palm tree, nails gripped it firmly.  It was exhausting to fly such a long distance so quickly.  Garnet eyes closed for a quick sista...

A snap of twig awoke her.  Tiny nose twitched at the smell of approaching food.  Pulsating from the life source of every creature within miles.  Pink flesh traced her fangs.  Heat signature glowed from the body of the forest dweller.  It looked to be a stag which wasn't her preferred prey.  Only equine would sate her hunger.  Now that she was awake she figured itd be best to find the residents of the Oasis.  Leaping from the tree trunk she flew to the forest floor, shifting to her original form...

Golden sheen of her pelt glistened in the heat of the land.  The sooty edges heated quickly as the sun rays were absorbed.  Taking shelter under a large broad leaf of nearby Flora she scanned the area.  Looking out to the sea before turning face to the interior of the peninsula.  Dense vegatation look daunting to cross into without direction so she called out.  Announcing her location to any who lived in such a place... 
    Karaugh
    illicit daughter of nymphetamine and killgore
    HTML by Call
    Take a bite
    If you dare

tantalize

I will try to hold you up

Through those times you are gone

You won’t do this alone

It’s a slightly warmer Winter day and she is in her usual place, on the cliff by the sea. It bothers her how she has become so predictable, her routine starting to bother her. Bore her. A soft sigh escapes parted velvet lips as she ambles along the edge, feathered ebony wings unfurled to their full length as the sun warms her backside. The jaguar woman scowls slightly, perhaps it was time to make another trip to Tephra. The thought of the red eyed stallion brings a wave of pleasure to flush through her system. She doubts he would be put off if she were to suddenly appear again.

A sound calls through the trees behind her, a single ear swiveling back as she comes to a halt. She turns slowly, considering her options. Not like there was much else to do. With a soft snort she picks up a quick trot, turning around and heading in the direction the call had come from. Her hooves churn dark soil as she picks up her pace to a gallop, enjoying the sudden feeling of heat that collects in her muscles. How long had it been since she had simply run and not used her wings?

A dappled mare of buckskin stands in the shade, becoming clearer as she quickly approaches. A swift whinny escapes her lips, announcing her presence if she had not been spotted already. Dark tendrils fall across her face as she begins to slow her gait, finally coming to a halt before her.  ”Welcome to Nerine.” Her voice calm and slightly breathless without losing it’s brashness. ”What brings you here?”

As she waited her natural eyes scanned the horizon.  Hazey clouds were painted sparsely across the light cobalt sky.  Luckily it had been a ripe season to visit the tropical paradise.  The sun's rays didn't scald her flesh as it may have most other times.  With the make-shift canopy shielding her from direct light she was quite comfortable.  

The wait was short for another to arrive to greet her.  As the resident came into her view she raised a brow in curiousity.  The patterns existing on the mares legs were quite fitting of the jungled landscape.  Ears flicked forwards as the winged mare inquired her visit.  "A kingdom visit," her tone matter of fact.  Ebony lips creased a smirk before continuing, "Karaugh, of Sylva.  A sub-kingdom of Nerine... If you were unaware." Again matter of factly announcing her credentials.  

Her eyes shifted in disinterest at the conversation.  She was an appointed diplomat of Sylva but politics were not her specialty.  But gossip was, she continued with a faux bored breath, "I've come to see how the main kingdom is thriving.  Sylva has become barren and since Taiga has fallen to the depths it is only a matter of time before others will follow." She glances back to the mare, noting any reaction to the news...

The demon inside her awakes slightly at the sound of the mares pulse.  Even her equine form can't contain it's grasp on her.  The need growing.  Eyes narrow on the life line supplying blood to the mares cranium.  A wicked grin painted on her muzzle.  She could feel the fangs aching to descend from her fleshy gums.  Still she fought back the urge, this was not the time or place...
    Karaugh
    HTML by Call
    Take a bite
    If you dare
    While Beqanna knows that Hyaline and Sylva are the lesser members of the Nerinian Empire, there is little information in the wind as to why. (How anyone knows Sylva is a subkingdom when even Nayl and Djinni have not discussed it is a wonder, but this is a world of magic, and some things defy explanation).

The grullo Djinni is as much a member of the kingdom-by-the-sea as she is of the one in the woods. Her friendship with Nayl had not waned despite the time that passed between their meetings, and since the birth of her twins, Djinni’s presence by the sea has become ever more frequent. There are things brewing in beside the sea, and Djinni has grown tired of the woods.

The cold winter wind that usually rips along the grey coast of Nerine is absent today. A portent of the coming spring, perhaps? Djinni, wearing her natural form, is standing in the shadows of a tall seaside cave when she sees movement atop the cliffs. There is a spotted mare there, warming her wings in the bright sun. She watches from her position, curious but not intrigued, but when the stranger responds to the distant call, Djinni does as well.

In an instant, she is atop the cliff, directly behind the caller.

Djinni has time to hear someone being welcomed to Nerine, and draws up beside a familiar buckskin face. It used to be more familiar, of course, but she’s not seen the dappled mare in more than a year. She’s not entirely sure where the pretty female had been hiding, but she does listen with genuine interest as she speaks. The two of them look to have come from Sylva together, and nothing in the small mare’s body language suggests anything different. A pair of diplomats is no surprise.

Djinni does not speak aloud, only watches. Her sea-green eyes darken almost imperceptibly, until they are a soft and doe-like brown.

Karaugh is not here on a kingdom visit. She might be here to see how Nerine is doing, but it is not on any officials orders. Djinni has already been to the sea and back a dozen times since Karaugh was last seen in the autumnal woods of Sylva; they have to need to know how the main kingdom is fairing. She already knows.

Still, she does not speak, because she has always preferred to watch others dig their own holes rather than do any assisting.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

tantalize

I'll have a reason good enough

I'll believe in you and trust

On the day you finally see the way you treated me

Was a far cry from love

While the buckskin female is pretty, there’s an air about her that Liz does not like. She doesn’t allow her distaste to reach her expression, keeping her golden gaze cool. Collected. A slight shift of her shoulder as she adjusts her weight, making it clear that she plans to be here awhile. As feathery wings fold within themselves, adjusting back to their place by her sides, her ears swivel froward and take in what the mare is saying. No, she’s not very familiar with the different kingdoms. Wasn’t even aware that where she lived oversaw other sub kingdoms.

Instead of giving the visitor the satisfaction that she may know more than her, she instead forces herself to remain diplomatic. An art she has not yet lost despite her affinity to backhand such rudeness. Besides the mare has news that is interesting. ”What are you talking about?” A glint in the depths of gold, cocking her head slightly. ”A kingdom has fallen?” She’s not sure about Taiga but assumes it may be another kingdom, perhaps taken over by a new ruler. That happens all the time. It’s the phrasing that is hard to interpret, the wicked curl at the edge of Kara’s lips. That something was off.

Another mare approaches, silent and observant. She simply looks at the Sylvan diplomat and since the newer mare gives her no other reason to believe she does not belong her, she follows her direction. Gazing pointedly on the messenger, waiting for more information.

I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    Nerine captured this iron-fisted mare and it molded her into a Queen with fiery eyes and soul. She is almost as untamed as the tide, but motherhood softened her substantially. To her peers, no, she remains just as hardened and brash. To those that carry pieces of her heart with them, she is something far greater and far rarer to behold.

But without her children nearby as of late and with Lior slinking deep into the depths of the caverns, Nayl has allowed the armor to buff itself once more.

”She is aware,” Nayl quips at Karaugh, knowing well she may be lying, ”but she asked why you are here, not the relationship between our homes.” She joins them at a leisurely walk, her gaze sweeping between the two of them as she sides immediately with Tantalize. Of course she would stand behind a sister versus an outsider. But she remembers this mare from years ago and how her skin was riddled with Stillwater’s. It was a time that Nayl still deeply longed for him and jealousy bubbled in her core, but she suppressed her primal needs for him. She found someone closer, more comfortable, more loyal.

This time, however, she isn’t quite as heavily bathed in his scent. In reality, Nayl hasn’t heard much of – or from – the stallion. Naturally, he has crossed her mind, but she would never admit to that. She is too proud to accept that she had lost him, just as she is too proud to accept that her hold on Beqanna is beginning to weaken. Nothing is said of Hyaline. Instead, the focus is solely on Sylva. Djinni visited recently, but never did she mention that the kingdom is nearing empty. ”Nerine is thriving,” she admits coolly with a fond glance toward the cliffside before settling back on Karaugh. In the blink of an eye Djinni is among them, but silent. A fleeting glance, quick and nonchalant, as though noticing a seagull flying overhead. The silence is enough to assure Nayl of her intentions, her curiosity brewing in her friend. ”Surely you’re not allowing your home to fumble? You’re still trying to ensure its security and keep some sort of population there?” Her shoulders roll with another slow blink of her autumn eyes, trying not to let Stillwater leak back into her memories.

”I wouldn’t let Sylva fall, nor Nerine. Perhaps Taiga deserved it.” But Ruan comes to mind and there is a pang in her heart as she considers the secluded ice man. She originally wanted him to bend the knee, to be like how Sylva is to Nerine, but the topic never fully breached. Perhaps this would open a window should she find him and offer him and his family refuge. With the thoughts, it’s difficult not to acknowledge Djinni, and so she casts her attention downward to the sand as though still weighed by her heavy thoughts.

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina
    Shaking primal thoughts from her mind she studies the dulled expression of the winged mare.  She hadn't expected for her to care of kingdom things.  Was probably not her place but she kept up the charade.  What are you talking about? A kingdom has fallen, the mares words interest in the topic but before she could answer a change of winds brings another to the meeting.  She doesn't need to look to know her kingdoms ruler observes from a distance.  She wonders though why the mares presence is more prominent here than in her own kingdom.  Maybe Djinni knows as well as she does the dire situation Sylva is in.  

Without much loss of focus she begins to answer the mare, "Yes I was there on a visit to welcome the new ruler when they came." They, insinuating the God's but she does not elaborate, she doesn't get a chance.  

There was a familiarity with the granite mare.  More in mild passing than relation.  She draws in her scent and memories take hold.  He smelt as strongly of the sea when they had first met, her and Stillwater.  Since though, the stallion has all but disappeared to the depths of his lagoon.  His interest in anything but the stagnant waters, little at best.  Nayl speaks and her eyes are drawn from the winged mare to the sea queen.  She smiles in greeting even as the mare questions her on Sylva.  Stating Nerine is thriving, which she now sees.  A nod of agreement, "That is good to hear.  I had yet to visit so I took it upon myself to do so.  As an appointed diplomat by Stillwater I have visited many kingdoms."  She pauses a moment, shifting her weight from one hip to the other, before continuing, "Sylva has fallen quiet yes.  I hoped maybe we could discuss this farther.  Since the Taiga has fell I'm afraid more will follow if action is not taken.  Do you know of the white stallion with red eyes?" Her eyes watch the mares face intensely.  Waiting for any hint of knowledge had of the stallion that had taken control of the Taiga right before it was consumed.  She did not know of the previous ruler but perhaps the land had went quiet as well.  Her intentions were to see that they did not fall as well but they needed to act now and fast. 
    Karaugh
    HTML by Call
    Take a bite
    If you dare
    Quiet and still, Djinni watches the winged mare’s face as she reacts to the news of the Taiga’s demise. There is not much there to read, she finds, and wonders how trained this stranger is in diplomacy. She’s certainly not new to the skill set, and it piques the curiosity of the grullo mare. She does so like things that are not what they immediately seem.

Her attention turns to Nayl, who is as blunt as always. She doesn’t smile, but her eyes are bright even if the face of the mare’s pointed questions. She doesn’t answer, not when Karaugh is still speaking, but she does not intend to ignore the questions.

The buckskin mare tells them that she was in the Taiga to welcome a new ruler. Djinni blinks – the only visible reaction to the news. She doesn’t ask the flurry of questions that that statement stirs in her mind. She doesn’t ask why her diplomat had gone to greet a new king before telling her leaders that there even was a new king, or if she had given this new ruler the idea that Sylva approved of the change in leaders. They might – but Djinni wasn’t even aware of it, let alone able to form an opinion on the matter. She doesn’t ask why Karaugh has come to Nerine with the news of Taiga’s destruction before she had told Djinni. She asks nothing at all.

Instead she listens.

When the buckskin mare mentions Stillwater, it all clicks into place.

Of course this was his fault.

The black stallion has been hiding out at sea (probably in this sea) for more than a year now. He’s not been seen in Sylva since the conception of their yearling children. Djinni has not bothered to strip him publically of his title; the residents of the forest had long ago seen that his black pool is empty.

“Sylva has always been quiet.” She finally says. “But it is no less secure than it has ever been.”

Djinni looks at Nayl as she says this, her brown eyes steady as she meets the coppery gaze of the Sea Queen. She had promised Nayl years ago that she would keep the forest safe, and she will not renege on that promise. She is quite sure that Nayl will not take the word of a stranger over a friend, but Djinni is also uncomfortable with letting everything go unaddressed. So she turns her bejeweled head back to the group, taking a step away with her rear legs so that the four of them form a circle.

“He has a black comrade,” she adds, “And at least one of them is a dark magician; they built a wall of thorn and bramble around the Taiga before it was flooded by the gods.” There is a bit of a sour taste in her mouth at the final word; Djinni has never forgiven the deities of Beqanna for the Reckoning. They are still meddling, it seems. “It would seem they were driven out of the Taiga, but if they survived I’d assume they will be looking for a new home.”

Here she turns her gaze solely on Karaugh. “I’d have appreciated you telling me this before you came to tell Nerine, but I suppose I can understand the urgency.” Djinni rarely supposes anything. She is always certain. “I could have reassured you that Sylva is protected, and you’d need not have wasted a trip.” It occurs to her that perhaps the spotted mare might be at a loss with the way the conversation has turned, and while Djinni is slightly agitated, she is not rude.

“Forgive me, Tantalize*” she says, having wished for the knowledge of the pegasus’ name. “I’m Djinni, the ruler of Sylva. This is Karaugh. ”

*ooc: if you don’t want Djinni to be able to know Tantalize’s name just ignore that bit Smile
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

tantalize

I'll have a reason good enough

I'll believe in you and trust

On the day you finally see the way you treated me

Was a far cry from love

Nayl’s presence is not unwelcome despite the little they know of each other. Nerine’s ruler easily slides in and solidifies Liz’s presence, a gesture that is not missed. An action that contradicts with what Offspring had told her but then again, he was a guy. The way of the Sisters had always been different, hard. It was good to know that the Sisterhood wasn't completely forgotten.

There is tension throughout this group, a thick cobweb that she can feel along her back. Her concern is not with whatever negative undertones vibrate within the discussion. It’s with the words that swiftly come from the coy lips of the buckskin mare. The white stallion with red eyes. Instantly a rush of emotion swirls in her breast and instinctively she tenses, curved ears folding quickly into the mass of ebony locks as they pin against her skull. The jaguar mare swiftly steps up to the mare, closing whatever little space was between them. Her muzzle snaking out as she inhales deeply against the other’s flesh. Pulling away with disgust, a glint of worry in the depths of gold. ”Gryffen.” She states flatly before moving back to stand beside Nayl.

Not much had worried her even when she had ruled the jungle. But Gryffen had always been a different story. They shared blood through their father but even Cross had rejected his son, unable to deal with his madness. Gryffen had always been dangerously brilliant crossing on borderline maniacal genius. She remembered his deeds in the Chamber during her rule and long after. Not to mention the most recent vendetta he had against her after she had stowed away his child at the request of her abused mother, hiding her in the jungle. It had been a brilliant move as Lagertha had taken the child claiming it as her own. That’s what one did in the Sisterhood, they protected each other. No matter what.

So the white wraith was back and had apparently already laid waste to a kingdom. Her lips press tightly together, this was worse then what he had done in the Chamber. It seemed he was done being a behind the scenes schemer. He was branching out on his own.

The quiet gray mare that had joined before Nayl is quiet no more. She seems to know more of what had befallen this Taiga. Walls of thorn and bramble, dark magicians. Her nostrils flare and she can barely contain an eye roll. Typical. The gray mare then introduces herself, having seemed to pluck her name from the wind. A slight dip of her muzzle, knowing she had never introduced herself but little seemed to surprise her anymore. ”It might not be my place, but I would be cautious of the diplomats you choose in the future Djinni.” Her scathing gaze now casted on Karaugh. ”You’re practically dripping in his scent.”

I'm cool with it <3