• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ardashir;
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    There is little that can distract her from sating the curiosity that claws inside her. The boy was young, his name spoken on hesitant lips when she had joined him and Buckthorn on the coastline. She tried to search his eyes and his youthful face for inclinations of his parentage, but nothing connected. An outsider – a boy – with no familial ties has found himself in a matriarchal society. How curious, she often mused from her seclusion in the cavern until the subsequent days when she decided to broach the topic.

With practiced grace even on the rolling sand, Nayl finds the porcelain boy not far from her rest. The seagulls cry overhead and the ocean tide swells at their side. It’s the music of Nerine, the beauty of it that keeps her nestled closely at night. It’s the symphony that lulls her and makes the rest of the world seem so barren and silent.

For a heartbeat, she almost forgets the Jungle’s hold on her.
    Nerine has truly won her over with time.

A deep breath of salty air fills her lungs when she stops in front of him, her eyes tracing him curiously until leveling on his face. ”Ardashir, was it?” Her voice is initially like frosted iron, cold and hard, but it warms underneath the sunlight they stand in. She considers him carefully. ”Who brought you to Nerine? Who are your parents?” Where did you come from, she almost asks, but pauses as her head lowers a fraction to see him better. An expectant glance to the sides provides no answer to her questions. He is alone just like her.

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina
    The young stallion extracted himself out of the odd family situation he had wandered into. He had not ran away from the two older horses but a hasty retreat is what he had made. The clear air allowed him to let the memory slide back into a dark part of his mind that would surely just glaze over and never be brought to the front again. He went back to his exploring moving this time along a new piece of beach he was not familiar with. The winter air made all the scent in the air more crisp.

Ardashir stopped in his tracks though as he heard the hove falls of another horse. He took a quick moment to scent the air and then turned to be faced with the mare from before. He lowered his eyes and head once more in greeting and respect for this older mare. He still had no idea that she was the ruler of the land he lived in. She stopped in front of him and gave him a good scanning over with her eyes.

He met her eyes after the mare was done with her scan of his pale body. She asked once more for his name and he nodded, “ That is correct m’lady I am Ardashir.” he answered her with his normal silvery voice. He took a slight note of her tone but he could not fault her for it, he was a stranger to her standing in her lands and not at all smelling like anyone she should know. “ I was brought to my home by my mother Tarvelie.” There was no need for him to lie to her and nothing to lie about either. Tarvelie had brought him here from the den.
    Ardashir
    The blue in an ocean of grey..