• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize

tantalize

I'll have a reason good enough

I'll believe in you and trust

On the day you finally see the way you treated me

Was a far cry from love

The moment, that fleeting wondrous moment, now gone. Crushed, splintered. Because of her. Because of the past she could not escape. It had been years but she still could not slip out of the grasp he had on her. She had pretended to be fine, always unreadable. Strong. But she wasn’t. Not anymore, not like they thought she was.

That day the winged mare, tear stained cheeks and choking on sobs, had threatened to end her life, Liz had stood there with a hard eye. You’re not a victim, are you? The girl had claimed she wasn’t. That comment hadn't been grabbed from thin air. She had never wanted to be a victim, had never let herself be seen as one. Which is why she had set her people on his, had tied him to the rainforest with thorny vines. It had been bad enough, the way he had brutalized her body and her soul. She couldn’t let him take their respect either.

It had been the beginning of the end. Everything had fallen apart after that. They had all suffered. The two girls, Bardot created from their love and Cersei created from their ashes. The latter she couldn’t bare to look at, neglected. Unloved. The fearless Amazonian had felt her power slip from her grasp, like fine sand as it fell from her fingers. Had lost all control over her kingdom and her life.

The look in his eyes is not judgmental but… Sad? Hesitant. A bitter taste in her mouth as she grumbles softly. ”I will not have your pity.” A soft snarl, lashing out and regretting it. Unable to do anything else, feeling like a caged tiger in captivity. Trapped in her own skin. He hasn’t left and there’s the smallest fragment of hope that still flutters pathetically in her dark chest. Instead he reaches for her and she wants nothing more than to be soothed, to think of only the present and not constantly be tainted by the past. Allowing only the smallest movement of her head as her muzzle extends, breathing him in. Steadying herself.

I misread your body language… Slowly shaking her head. ”No you didn’t.” She had wanted him, desired him, and that need was burning her alive. ”I enjoy your company.” She sighs, a low exhale. There were no secrets here, only forgotten stories and some unknown facts. The least she can do is explain, he deserves that. She wants him to understand.

”His name was Lion, he ruled the Dale when I was Khaleesi. He might have loved me once.” A ghost of a smile on her lips although there’s no happiness in it. She won’t go into detail, that is far too painful. ”I brought war to his kingdom. He surrendered. It didn’t matter. I stopped caring after.” A soft roll of her shoulder, shrugging as she cautiously searches his gaze. Remembering what she had said to him when she had gone to him in Tephra. Ruling with her heart. ”I left the jungle not long after that.” It hasn’t been the same since.The condensed version, missing all of the raw ugly feelings. Purposely left out.

The hesitation spreads. How do you tell someone you haven’t been touched in god knows how long? How do you explain the need to connect but the fear of being burned is too risky? ”I like you Offspring.” She whispers, the truth glinting in the glossy pupils, rimmed by dark amber. Unsure of what else to say, how to make this moment better. If it could even be salvaged now. It's not often she is tongue tied, all she can do is watch him. Wait and see.

Messages In This Thread
    this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-09-2017, 11:09 PM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-10-2017, 12:53 AM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-10-2017, 02:07 AM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-11-2017, 12:07 AM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-11-2017, 01:52 PM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-11-2017, 06:54 PM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-11-2017, 09:51 PM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Tantalize - 09-12-2017, 12:20 AM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-13-2017, 12:38 AM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-14-2017, 01:11 AM
    RE: this life, it feels like a prison || tantalize - by Offspring - 09-14-2017, 11:24 PM