• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Without the Dark, We'd Never See the Stars [Ouija]
    Another day, another night...

I had always been a creature of darkness.  Even in the tropics of The Amazon of which I was raised, I had always found comfort in the shadows.  Of those I created I found even more.  The feeling of what I created wrapped tightly around me brought comfort. 
    Happiness.
    Some go their entire lives without the simple joys in life, but me, I create my own...

Today is no different.  I am back.  A glittery twinkle in my midnight eyes as I stand alone in the transition of day and night.  Face to the sky.  The stars, shining down on me, create a mesmerizing pattern across my grey-blue hide.  As if they are a mirror image of the nights sky.

I often pass my time with my creations.  Bending light and dark into different arrays of uses.  It gets lonely sometimes, not knowing where my family went.  Not having anyone to talk to. To share my secrets with.  Here, with my creations, I am not alone.

My black masked face is held high, angled to look at the millions of lights above.  I resist blinking my vibrant eyes, as if I may miss a streak of light crossing the night sky if I do.  A slight shift in my shoulders turn me slightly to give me another area to view.  
    I smile happily.  

My happiness is soon distrupted by a soft crunch of snow in the distance.  Charcoal ear flicks in it's direction as my head swivels to match.  I call to my shadows to shield me as I look out into the tree line.  They come quickly and effortlessly, gathering around me.  I do not otherwise move.  
    Quiet and still, I wait...

I can be your light,
    Or your darkness

Θuija

With greatness came sacrifice.  He knew this.  Everyone must sacrifice something to get what they want.  Or be damn good at playing the game.  He loved games.  One could say it was his one true passion in life.  He had mastered many in his life but one he had yet to truly divulge in.  Women.

It's not that he couldn't approach them.  Or talk to them.  He had yet to find one that would interest him.  He wasn't exactly Prince Charming either.  So after leaving the gathering of the Forest and meeting in the Meadow he had little but his tasks in mind.  Slinking along the bramble and thorns of the once Taiga.  Then scaling the outer ridge of the autumnal forests towards the north, he crossed into a more open range.  With the covering of eve thickening he traversed the boundary just shy of the shadows created by overhead trees.  That's when crimson eyes beheld a creature of black and blue, bedazzled in the nights sky.  Perched atop a slight incline and looking into the stars.  Immediately he stopped with a much louder crunch than he would have normally created, if he'd not have been distracted.  His jaw tightened at his misstep, knowing he gave himself away.

There was a whirl of mixed light and dark atop the hill where she had stood.  Her scent lingered just as heavily in the air, enticing him to inch closer.  With quiet and steady steps he neared the base of the incline.  Crimson eyes straining to catch another glimpse.  Their focus causing hardened lines across his face.  Another step closer. Then another.  She can hide her figure but not her presence so he let's out whispered words, "I know you're here M'Love.  Come out, come out wherever you are..." His last syllable lingers as he waits for her to join him, "Don't be afraid."

Wanna play a game?

My frame goes rigid.  Muscles in my jaw tensed as I looked into the glowing embers which were his eyes.  Still unmoving I watch his approach.  The way he steps nearer in curiousity.  There was no aggressive behavior but I remain shadowed all the same.  My own curious nature tempting me to wonder.

As he becomes within reach of me I know I have been found.  The adrenaline filled patter within my chest was probably heard from a great distance.  With each nearing step he takes it only beats faster.  Then as he speaks it pauses its rythm.  M'Love...

My ears flick forwards.  The label striking me as odd and I all but ignore his taunting words.  Now square with the stallion I look deep into his embers.  A small flame flickers deep within.  It instantly softens my taunt muscles and with that my cloak of shadows.  Dispersing into the chilled air to reveal the blue-black mare.  

My eyes now scan the lines of his face without the screen.  Head slightly cocked as I take in his reaction.  Shifting of weight from one shoulder to the other, settling in my space. "Im Reshi.  Who are you?" I wait to put a name to the face before I continue.

Θuija

When he had seen her atop the incline, gazing at the stars.  Before she had realized a pair of watchful eyes was upon her, he was awestruck.  The way she danced the star-light across her frame then engulfed herself into darkness.  A hint of envy in the blazing iris of his eyes.  He knew immediately he had stumbled on a prize. His prize.

Watching eagerly for her to make herself known, he was surprised how effortlessly she did so.  The shroud of darkness masking her vanished and in it's place, stood the blue-black mare.  His eyes may have widened in pleasure at the sight.  A skipping of beats within his rib cage. Then, she speaks. An Angels name...Reshi.  He grins, who was he? "I am Ouija, M'Dear," he nods his head in greeting. "I was just on my way north, when I couldn't help but notice you...here...alone.  Are you lost?" 

Wanna play a game?

I knew that sometimes all was not what it seemed to be.  That a slide of the hand can trick you into believing what you saw was real.  Feelings though, I was not aware the trickery one could play on another's feelings.  Call it naive or what have you.  So I took his words as genuine.  Maybe they were, maybe they were not but she fell anyways...

His intense gaze upon me caused my face to flush.  No one would be able to tell but me, nevertheless I could feel the rush of adrenaline.  It caused me to shy my eyes.  I would not consider myself one to standout in a crowd.  Being a habital creature of the night I rarely ran across anyone.  Especially anyone who would take interest in me.  So when he questions me I reply, "No I wouldn't consider myself lost.  I just prefer the night so I am often alone."

I smile then shift my weight.  "I am sorry. I didn't mean to distract you with my...magic.  What is to the north? If you don't mind me asking?" She was bored, alone, flattered... A disaster waiting to happen.

Θuija

Also being a creature of darkness, a solitude traveler, he was quite use to be alone.  On occasions he'd run into others but most of his kind were dreaming of sweet nothings.  So it was a pleasant surprise to find another who relished the night.  

Thinking to himself of how perfect this was, to find another with talents he could put to use.  He possessed no such powers and hers could be useful to him.  So with a sly grin he answers, "I prefer the night also... We have a lot in common then." He pauses to step nearer to her, now within reach, "I apologize if I startled you, but you startled me.  You are beautiful in the star-light and your magic... Is quite mesmerizing as well." The twinkling of lights had vanished that had danced along her hide but the true starlight seemed to still luminate across it still.  He smiles again as she apologized, "No need to apologize.  It is a rather long and tedious walk alone.  Someone there has something of mine and I'm going to get it back." He again pauses in thought, "Would you care to join me?  I hear the weather is quite tropical...even in the dead of winter." He waits for her reply before turning his shoulders north.  Pointing his muzzle in the direction, the North Star there guiding light.  Stepping forward, "You coming M'Love?"

Wanna play a game?

The Amazons, where I was born and raised for the majority of my young life was very tropical.  The dense forests of mountainous trees created the ideal environment for my magic.  I did not have to wait for the cover of night to practice my art.  I used the shadows the canopy created.  Bending the light and dark to do varies things.  One of my strongest abilities was creating dense shadows to hide in.  It served many purposes in the tropics.  Protecting me from the dangers that lurked around every corner.  It had it's flaws though...

Still blushed from his compliments, I swish my black tail quietly.  My ears perk to attention when he mentions the tropics.  A sinking in my soul was uplifted that this stranger possibly knew where my family was.  Then he invited me along.  I nod my head excitedly in acceptance, "Oh I'd love to come along! I grew up in the Amazons! Perhaps some of my family is still there!" Beyond astatic I quickly follows with a giddy prance.  "The weather is quite lovely all year round.  The ocean keeps us quite warm," I add as they make their way across the remaining land of the River.  

It wasn't long before the land broke into beach along the northern coast.  My hooves sank into the grainy terrain with each step.  I followed closely, striking up small talk as we went, "What is it that you need to go get?" My innocent curiousity getting the better of me.  We stopped just then, my eyes peeling away from his, looking out across the kingdom.  Towering cliffs and grey-washed pebbles made up most the landscape.  I knew immediately this was not the Amazons I remembered.  

...to be continued on Nerine board