• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    I will face god and walk backward into hell; ROUND 1
    <link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=times rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><style>#ledgeruno{background:url('https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ed/db/dc/eddbdc6ac0a42a30a251f206db390ebc.jpg') top left no-repeat;background-size:600px;border:2px #efeff7 solid;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px #efeff7;width:600px;border-radius:200px 200px 0px 0px;}#ledgerunobg{background:-webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,10,21,0), rgba(6,10,21,1)150px);background:-o-linear-gradient(bottom, rgba(6,10,21,0), rgba(6,10,21,1)120px);background:-moz-linear-gradient(bottom, rgba(6,10,21,0), rgba(6,10,21,1)120px);background:-linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(6,10,21,0), rgba(6,10,21,1)120px);background:-ms-linear-gradient(top, rgba(6,10,21,0), rgba(6,10,21,1)120px);margin-top:300px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-bottom:20px;padding-top:100px;}#ledgerunobox{width:520px;background:black;border:1px #17302c solid;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px #86b9b0;opacity:0.8;border:0px;padding:20px;}#ledgerunotext{color:#ffffff;font-size:12px;font-family: ‘Times New Roman', sans-serif;margin-top:15px;margin-bottom:0px;}#ledgerunoname{color:CCFFFF;font-size:40px;font-family: 'Times', cursive;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;}#ledgerunoquote{color:CCFFFF;font-size:14px;font-family: 'Nixie One', cursive;margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:0px;font-weight:bold;}</style><center><div id="ledgeruno"><div id="ledgerunobg"><div id="ledgerunobox"><p id="ledgerunoquote"><font color="lightblue">Bound for trouble from the start<br>I've been walking through this old world in the dark</font></p><p align="justify" id="ledgerunotext"> His bounty overflowed. Ellyse’s love, the swelling of his heart over the newborn twins. His. His children. They were everything and more and he never knew he could feel this way. That fierce need to protect them, to make sure they had a better life then he had. Nothing was more important then their wellbeing. Even Smoak had grown on him despite the tension with Dahmer. This was his family now, the only family that had ever really mattered.

He is alone for now, heading back from an unsuccessful trip to the field. It had been odd, how empty the place was. The one eyed stallion shakes off the unsettling feeling, turning his thoughts to quickly returning home to be with his family. Perhaps he would show the twins the tide pools today, the ocean had been calm with the passing of winter storms. Thinking of these activities, he fails to see the sky darken despite the virtually cloudless sky.

A howl sounds off in the distance but it doesn’t register, not at first. The first is joined by a second, joined by a third. Now he freezes, ears pinning to his skull. A memory, hard to forget, comes back. Warily he looks around him, remembering the hellhounds. Surely these were just regular pack wolves on the hunt. The gold flecks of his eye darkens as he realizes his world has turned to shadow. Rustling comes from behind him.

He bolts.

Fifteen minutes later, his jaw is clenched and his reddish coat gleaming with sweat as the fiery monstrosities of wolves bare down on him. He runs away from Tephra, not wanting to put them in danger. This can’t be happening. Not again. Fire licks at his hocks as he flees, the wolves snapping at his heels. Driving him to that secret place. It had just popped up out of nowhere and it’s no different this time. As the mouth of the cavern comes into view, inwardly he groans. Cries. Screams.

The wolves stopping at the edge of the woods, watching. Waiting. He stands before the dark open maw of the cave but this time he does not seek refuge. <b>”No…No…”</b> He whispers, wide eyed as he throws his head, looking for a way out. He knows better, he knows what’s waiting for him down there. The bear within seems to tug lightly on his ribs as if to say “Remember me?”.  You aren’t alone anymore. He put that anger in you with reason, didn’t he?

Without another thought, he shifts. The beast breaks through his equine skin with a ground shaking roar, the massive polar bear all snowy fur, sharp claws, and gnashing teeth through his long snout. He turns on the lava wolves and barrels down on them, singeing his pearly white fur as he tumbles into one and they fall to the ground together. Flickering teeth grabbing at his leg as the one eyed bear swipes his claws across it’s face. It’s a losing battle, they both know it. Besides the wolves are only here to gather, not to kill.

There is deep laughter echoing out of the cave behind him. The Dark God, amused. Suddenly the wolf he is fighting crumbles to ash and charcoal, the bear left confused, burned, stunned. A wind seems to pick up and something invisible knocks him flat on his stomach. The bear becomes contained, retreating back inside him as the flaxen stallion returns. He tries to find his footing but something has him by his back legs. It drags him slowly towards the cavern. He struggles, fights. It’s pointless. The laughter grows, increasing and ringing in his ears as with a final scream, he is dragged into it’s depths.

Again.

<br></p><p id="ledgerunoname"><font color=lightblue><i>Ledger</i></font></font></font></p></div></div></div></center>

(Just a heads up, I’m playing with his timeline a bit since Cassi had to do this SO QUICKLY, YOU KNOW I COULDN’T RESIST. Also, I’m not looking for traits or super brutal physical defects, he's def here for mind torture so feel free to cut him if needed to make room for someone else. I just need some character development, hope that's ok! <3)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I will face god and walk backward into hell; ROUND 1 - by Ledger - 09-13-2017, 12:30 PM