• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Heart of the Night |
    Jah-Lilah
    someday, we will foresee obstacles
    Where do I take this pain of mine?

The red wytch was not a warmonger. She never claimed to like fighting, nor did she boast about being good at it. She simply accepted that conflict was an unpleasant and unavoidable part of life. A required step in the circle of life, if you will. She couldn't lie though, confrontation excited her. She didn't seek out trouble, but it always seemed to find her. She didn't mind. Confrontation meant change, that the way things were was about to evolve. The Earth-Mother always had a plan. Jah-Lilah had gotten real comfortable and real familiar with the layout of Beqanna. She'd made a point to see all of this part of the Earth-Mother's back. Beqanna had shown her that she wanted more than a lover she didn't have to love. She's found Circinae, and then Canaan, and she desperately wanted to love both of them. More than anything in the world she wanted them. There would be time for love another day though, right now, Jah-Lilah was doing reconnaissance. 

She meandered along the border of Loess carefully, placing each foot light and deliberately. She knew the way well, Loess was near both the river and Taiga, places my firefly knew like the feathers in her hair. Taiga. The former home of her lover. A deep-set frown graces the mare's pretty face as she remembers watching it fall. The Earth was scorched, drowning, all because two males had a spat. The old ruler...psht. He thought he couldn't fall, thought the crown could not be toppled. She had seen it more times than she could count. The white wolf had come, with his mess of a following. She snorted and shook her head, disgusted. She had spent nearly a month in mourning, so hard she felt the Earth-Mother's pain. That was done now, now she was angry.

She sought out something new now, something different. She wasn't sure what it was yet, but she had to find it. Her wanderlust was out in full force, and she only found relief in expelling her extra energy by traveling. Her sparks were not flying right now, the warm, inviting glow usually emitted from her pores dull. She wanted no attention, wanted no comfort, wanted no contact. She needed these emotions to boil, to fester. She stopped on a craggy outpost, shielded by trees and overlooking the kingdom. She exhales loudly, cocking a lazy hind leg and just watching, just waiting. 

I run, but it stays right by my side.
    THANA.
    (as black as your soul)
      She has begun to feel restless.

The heavy thrumming of her wildly beating heart stirring anxiously beneath the feigned façade of stoicism, tucked away for too long within the darkest shadow of the deep and insidious woodland. She can only remain still for so long before the craving is too much for her to swallow – she had not tasted blood upon the surface of her tongue in so long, the carnivorous creature lurking within her is wanton and wild, rousing her from her complacency within the darkness she so aptly kept.

She is soon covered in thick, downy fur, with sharpened teeth in place where a sneer is worn. Her long and agile limbs carry her effortlessly through the thicket, weaving to and fro around the various deciduous trees sparsely scattered. The mist enveloping her is refreshing, penetrating the thickness of her luscious black fur as the stillness of the air presses against her prowling form. She is on the hunt, seeking only one – but for a moment, she is distracted by a flurry of motion, and after only a brief jaunt and a snarling gnashing of her jaw, her maw is dripping with the blood of a young hare and her desire for bloodshed is sated.

However, her yearning for trouble is far from satisfied, and still, she searches for him.

It does not take her long to find him, sheer ivory beneath the shade of an old oak. She is once again equine, and her long and graceful legs carry her to him, with the muscle of her flank roiling beneath the surface of her indigo skin – her lips are still bloodstained, trailing slowly over the wraith’s sloping spine, teasing and taunting him as she always had – with the whisper of only one word uttered against the warmth of his cheek, leaving the remnants of drying blood across the starkness of his pelt.

Together, they move seamlessly out of the forest and into the light – careful to stay far from what had once been Taiga, where snarling wolves carved of water and fire remain fiercely protecting its border. Neither give it a glance – it is only the beginning. Her hungry gaze bores onto that of the unseen border of Loess, and the wide expanse of empty, untouched terrain. A smirk tugs at the corner of her mouth, as her dreary gray eye roves, lazily trailing over the vacant kingdom – oh, her appetite has returned, delectable and dangerous.

”Come,” she murmurs to him, as a familiar shadow looms to the east – how could she not recognize the mahogany female, heavily muscled and exquisite? There is a stirring in her breast, but she silences it, having no time for carnal desire in a time where vengeance felt most prevalent.

”Jah-Lilah,” she croons softly, moving closer to her – curious of the electricity that is seemingly crawling over the surface of her russet skin, begging her the temptation to touch what she should not. She knew of her name simply by happenstance – Circinae had cried it out, and she is an observant one. "Thana. What a .. pleasant surprise, to find you here.” A pause, then, glancing over the landscape, irritation stirring under her skin. ”where is this Queen I have heard so much about?”
    a ghost in the darkness.
    He had seen the water mare’s deepest darkest desire. Had felt the heat of her rage, her heart throbbing for revenge. Who was he to stand in her way? Not when it could have such delicious repercussions, such rich possibilities. This may be one of his most intricate experiments yet. Methodically placing pawns strategically, gathering information. This new magic he wields has become most useful, furthering the results of what he wants most. This magic that’s able to drive itself into their souls, their hearts, plucking that small tidbit of information that even they may not realize. May deny or turn a blind eye to. He can suss it out, dangle it in their faces, taunt them with what they want. Regardless if they like it or not, regardless if it hurts.

However there is still much he needs to know before he takes the next step. His strategy shifting, taking note of each kingdom before getting to the end result. Before letting the dominoes fall. Taiga remains beneath the sea, surrounded by Deimos’s thorny wall, filled with Carnage’s humiliating wolves. It’s off the table, for now. He’s had a taste of true destruction, he's hungry for more. Already he had spread them out to seek what he needs, but this place… Oh he needs to see for himself.

The bloodthirsty bluebird leads the way, more familiar with these strange lands then he. The white wraith follows, crimson eyes missing nothing. Taking in everything. Sharp nips find her flank, unable to hide his greed for her, for everything they long to accomplish. She had come to him, as she usually does, shifting from lanky canine into the mottled cobalt mare. Blood staining her lips, a whispered word for his ears alone.

A smear the color of rust crusts the fur on his cheek where her lips had traveled. He doesn’t care, red seems to suit him. He had said nothing, merely followed. Pleased with her perceptiveness. It seems she wasn’t the only one. The water wolf’s mare is also trailing the border and he senses her electricity as much as Thana does. Both hunger to decipher it for different reasons. As his eccentric companion address the feathered mare, his ember gaze is sweeping over Loess. Empty, he half expects a tumbleweed to come floating by. ”It’s a fucking ghost town.” He muses out loud, the depths of ruby beginning to shine with a hard glint.

The scent on the wind of those that call this place home is stale and few. Already he is beginning to get a sense of what he needs, why he had come here. He’s not ready to retreat just yet. ”No point in knocking ladies, doesn’t seem like anyone’s home.” A smirk on pale lips as he desecrates the border by relieving himself, a satisfied sigh escaping him before he decidedly crosses into Loess. Time to explore.

Gryffen

@[Heda]
    Jah-Lilah
    So tear me open and pour me out.

The red sorceress didn't have long with her private emotions. She had heard and smelled the rebellious pair coming before she saw them. The blue-gray female was unmistakable, she constantly wore an odor that was both lupine and equine, but not warm and safe like that of her lover's. This mare smelled coppery-metallic, like blood, and stank of the white wolf. She can hear the moment the girl shifts, light, padded steps turning into the heavy thuds of a careless creature, unabashed and unafraid of anything. She is met stride for stride with the scent of the white wolf, they are two peas in the same pod, and Jah-Lilah does not waste time sending up sparks all around herself. She turns to face them before they reach her, and she cannot hide her agitation.

Dark ears are pinned slightly, but perk as the girl speaks. The bruise-colored female is nothing if not alluring, she's well put together and only a fool would not be attracted to her. A wave of interest rolls through the mare's body, as strong as the electrical current she controls. She dismisses it. My firefly licks her lips as the girl speaks, ears back down to half-mast, eyes narrowed. "I know who your are, Dark-Moon. Neither you nor your company need to tell me anything." Dismissively she turns back to watching the dead kingdom of Loess, pondering, plotting, calculating. They could be useful, if nothing else. Two wrongs don't make a right, but two strongs make a power couple. She blows through her nose, speaking without looking at them. "I know not where their Queen is, Dark-Moon, I can smell her though. She's still down there, somewhere."

The white walker speaks, then pisses all over the ground, vulgar as can be. She still holds him partially responsible for her dearest mate losing her home, and her muzzle is pulled back tensly as he nears her. She is unclear as to why he's here, why he's speaking to her. She snorts and wears a disgusted look, then watches him trot forth into Loess. Jah-Lilah hesitates, watching them carefully. She doesn't follow anyone but her water nymph and her wanderer, but she watches the pair, interest piqued. He encourages her to follow, but for now she is still, watching the retreating rump of Thana, and wondering where the two are off to. 

There's things inside that scream and shout.
    Deathwish
    im a DIY pioneer, they tryna get involved
    She has no allegiance to them.

But, like her father, she is bored.

And so she follows them. A tired profile rests upon her features, her silver/grey eyes surveying the landscape as she ventures forth with them, recognizing the land around her. They were heading towards Hyaline. The land she had once wreaked havoc in. But when they turn, her eyes quirk and the scents change. A place she’s never been.. Another kingdom? They linger, and she says nothing as she walks up to the coppery mare, standing silent as she watches Gryffen and Thana push off down the bluff. “He must have a hard-on for trees.”

For once, she finds herself watching contentedly, to see what lay in store. Why DW chose to remain silent, not even she was for certain. But one thing was for sure—she was an instrument of chaos, and she just likes to watch the world burn.

As long as she doesn’t get dirty. A lady never sullies herself.

She turns her face to Jah-Lilah, and pulls closer to her, as if drawing her into a secret. “What have you to do with them? I can tell that you are not…dark. Unless you have many secrets yet to be revealed.” She huffs. “My name is Deathwish.”
    yippee kiyay ahh yea, bout to set it off
    HTML by Call
    Heda
    It isn't often hat she finds foul minds wandering HER lands, for the many that she comes across are often rather peaceful in their intentions, seeking alliances, friendships, and perhaps even shelter. But as a cluster of feelings curiously spike at her borders, she can't help but grow perplexed. Their intentions seem solid, their feelings bowed, with greed, and curiosity. Two emotions she'd rather not tangle with, but this was her country, her homeland, she had people to protect even if their were only a few residing within the kingdom, and it was her duty to be the first line of defense, their protector.

Her body doesn't hesitate, and with a quick movement she unfurls her navy feathered appendages and takes flight, hooves beating at the air fiercely as their emotions grew stronger and closer by the second. Her blue tresses playing the wind, as she soars, straight towards the boarder of her lands, nostrils faintly flaring, as multiple bodies come into view. Her mind immediately overwhelmed, as thoughts blurred her actions, what if they came here to overtake her crown? What would her people do? How would they thrive in the safe haven that they were promised? Her heart thunders in her ears as she nears the mass of bodies, her wings allowing herself to descend quickly and gracefully, tucking them at her sides ever so neatly.

Her body grows, tense as she nears the horde, their scents engulfing her senses, and strangely they smell of her childhood home, Tagia. Her gaze flickers wondering if they were the cause of this radio silence between her and her family whom still remained in Taiga (or so she thought). 

As she comes closer, limbs dragging her forwards as if she were punished, trying in an effort to delay this, her meeting with them. But as she reaches them, her hazel gaze meeting every single face in the group, and becoming perplexed by the pale thing with ruby gems, she can't hep but feel threatened, and perhaps even afraid? But she has to do this, for her people.

She thinks carefully, swallowing the situation as this mass of equine has entered her kingdom so ignorantly, but yet still she didn't mind. Loess was a safe Haven for everyone, and that means everyone was accepted into her grounds no matter what intentions they held. So with a hesitant voice, her words are released, "Hello there, welcome to Loess." pause. She clears her mind of worries before continuing, this could just be a massive group of envoys seeking peace, or future people she could call her own. "How can I help you all?" She states simply, her muscles beginning to relax slowly as she eases gently into the conversation.
    Go ahead. Laugh at the girl that loved to easily
    html by call

@[Ivar] I hope that's okay that I tagged him, cause I'm not sure Heda can handle all of this by herself.

OOC: I do not give any of you permission to injure or harm Heda. She is my precious pony, and I pour a lot of my own feeling into Heda, therefore I'd like to still have happy muse for this girl, so keep it chill, friendly, and diplomatic. Even if you have a mean pony, go easy on her as I can't take a lot of aggressiveness at the moment for my muse's sake. Thank you.
    [Image: dc9b5pd-da224f9b-4062-4ac8-924f-4dd26147...1Y8jmwEofM]
    Ex-Queen of Loess
    ・❥・
    a ghost in the darkness.
    It was funny how he can always sense their apprehension, taste their fear. He doesn’t need magic to do so. It’s in their body language, the pale whites of panicked eyes. Funny how his smaller stature never seems to reduce this intimidation, it somehow makes him all the more sinister. The reluctance in the winged mares face is evident as she slowly comes towards them. They had barely made it past the barrier, the scent of piss still fresh in the air. It seems this place isn’t quite empty after all. Nobody trails behind her and a slow wicked snarl forms on his lips. Alone. Outnumbered. Deimos daughter had followed along but she’s left behind with the weird witch, leaving more fun for him and his vivacious companion.

He knows nothing of this mare’s ties to Taiga. Nor does he care. The land was gone and he knows not if Ruan or any of his followers had survived. He hopes they didn’t. He hopes they suffered, burned alive, or choked on saltwater in their deaths. It’s what they deserved for standing in his way. Hesitance laces her greeting as she finally approaches and her innocence is so delicious. How easily she could be picked apart. How sweet her blood must smell.

”That’s a very good question…” He practically purrs, sauntering closer to Heda. Closing the distance between then, tongue licking over stained yellowed teeth. Tempted to taste her but barely resisting. ”How could she help us precious bird, I’m sure you may have an idea?” Looking into the two toned eyes of his most beloved follower. Such a stark contrast between the two mares. One so strong, one so soft. She hadn’t given her name nor her title, so far she is just a tantalizing plaything. Nothing more. He had eaten girls like her for breakfast, devoured them in his sleep.”I suppose it depends on who you are…”

Crimson iris’s glance about, so far still alone. ”What exactly does your King or Queen rule here? Plants? Dirt?” His nostrils wrinkling in distaste, doing so on purpose. Not doubting that she would be like the rest of the weak, fiercely protective of a land that had no meaning. Just as the Taigan had done, look where that had gotten him. Meanwhile the wraith was plotting and extending his reach little by little. Moving closer to the saucy little minx he had traveled with, raking his teeth along her neck all the while his ruby gaze locked on Heda’s.

”How does Loess plan on not making Taiga’s mistakes?” Taunting words, not knowing how sinister they would be to her. If only he did, he would drive the knife in deeper.

Gryffen

OOC: I can promise no physical harm or injury but I'm not going to play my character against the grain of what he is. Also figured I would make some comment about Taiga so Heda can find out about it and Krys said she will post next =)

@[Heda]

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    It had seemed only natural to slip into patrols. The lay of the land in Loess is still far from familiar, but Ivar can say with certainty that he does know the border. There is never much movement in either direction; his own venture to the common lands seems to be the most recent. He has come to know some of the residents though; at least from a distance. Merida he has been avoiding on purpose; the piebald stallion is not quite sure he’s ready for another run in from the fiery mare. There’s a pair of younger horses, one that smells of the sea, and the grey stallion. Heda he sees the most often, of course, and then Zhenga while she is visiting.

The horses he senses now are unfamiliar. There are four of them; not enough for an invasion but still far too many horses for a diplomatic mission. As he moves closer (his long legs eating away easily at the ground), he learns more. Three mares and a single stallion, and Heda is already there to meet them. At that he moves a bit faster. The logical part of his mind knows that she is perfectly capable of taking care of herself, but logic does not entirely trump his dual set of instincts.  

He has kept the news of Taiga from Heda.

It wasn’t out of malice; it was selfishness. He knows she hails from the (drowned) redwood forest, but to tell her of it meant to speak of the destruction, and of his failure. That was something he was not yet ready to face, and yet it seems that fate is uninterested in Ivar’s emotional readiness.

There is the smell of ash and sea on the hides of a least one of these strangers. He does not recognize them, but since he knew few of the residents of Taiga that is to be expected.

The brown eyed stallion approaches the pair that are closest to Heda. He looks briefly at the other two, the mares that linger on the border, but then he focuses on the red-eyed stallion and the blue mare. Neither strike him as particularly intimidating, they are all

(prey)

after all, but he does not like the way that the stallion approaches Heda. It brings Ivar closer, the dark eyed stallion pressing one dark scaled shoulder to Heda’s buckskin haunch. The handsome stallion does not speak, because he is nothing more than a newcomer here in Loess. This is Heda’s arena, and Ivar would rather stand back than put his hooves where they do not belong. Adding no verbal spear to the darts that Gryffen throws, he stands as a physical show of support to the winged queen. It seems that this stranger expects the entirety of a kingdom to appear within an instant of a visitor’s arrival, and that alone is enough to make Ivar wary. 

Who is this stranger that he thinks himself so important?

The mention of Taiga causes an imperceptible wince; perhaps it would have been best if he'd patrolled in the opposite direction today.

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis

THANA.
    (as black as your soul)
      ”Such wit, wild one,” she croons softly to the enigmatic female known as Jah-Lilah, her two-toned gaze alight with mischief, hungrily tracing the thick and heavy outline of her feminine and curvaceous body. She could already taste the pine and sage of her skin, sharp and bitter on her tongue, and she can sense the sensuality exuding from her presence – she is intoxicating; an absolute delight. She would feast upon her later. ”I do like Dark-Moon. Fitting.”

She does not care for the rest –

Deathwish, with her haughty nonsense. She can hardly suppress an eyeroll and a sneer pulling across the soft features of her feminine face, though dried blood clings still to the corner of her mouth. She is insufferable at times (where had she come from?), but her sharp wit and quick tongue seemed to please Gryffen, and so she is quiet – for the time being (- still, a pang of jealousy stirs). She longed to probe her mind and devour her insecurities, but it could wait.

Heda - a fragile wallflower, with beauty draped over the delicate shape of her feminine body, but there is little of substance behind the golden flecks of her deep hazel eyes. She can almost taste the fear oozing from Heda’s pores, and it rouses the fanged beast inside of her, and the metallic taste of copper lingering on her tongue is hardly enough to sate her.

Ivar does not introduce himself, and she cannot seem to find the will to care. He is feigning strength and hardened resolve beside Heda, but all she can see is a spineless jellyfish squirming uncomfortably beneath her stare, lacking the backbone to verbally defend his unwitting Queen. She could only assume that she is the Queen - the land is otherwise quiet and still. Alas, Ivar may think of her as prey, but to her, he is insignificant.

Irritably, she presses against Gryffen, tucking the indigo of her body firmly against his own, attempting to sate the itch stirring inside of her as his teeth rake across the svelte length of her figure. She is bored, terribly so – though a wry sort of chuckle rises from the tightness at his sardonic jest. Ever the comedian, her cynical and caustic wraith.

”Oh, Taiga. Such a shame,” she murmurs coyly, lazily glancing between the fragile Queen and her malevolent wraith King. Little did she know just how heavy the burden of her words would be upon the indigo-tipped Queen of Loess. ”and it had just started to feel like it was truly our own. We should all hope that no other kingdom should suffer its same fate.”

Thana won't do anything to injure or harm Heda - however, she doesn't have the capacity to be friendly or diplomatic.  Blush Heart
    Jah-Lilah
    The pain still hates me.

Jah-Lilah's peaceful mission to just scope things out had turned into a royal shit storm. On one hand, the little white shadow that seemed to follow her family everywhere had popped up, and boy did he come to play. He had come pissing on everything, riling up the locals, just generally being a nuisance. He was quite good at it. She watched him in amusement, sidestepping ever-so-lightly along the border, trying to make her way unidentified and unnoticed. But his partner-in-crime noticed her. The blue female complimented him nicely, and my firefly suddenly understood why he kept her so close. She was exquisite, carved from stone with a gaze that dove right into my mare. The heat and desire all but singed Jah-Lilah, and she played her part. The red creature batted her dark eyelashes at Thana, her jade eyes alight with an impish spark. She tossed her feathered mane, pawing at the ground impatiently, now suddenly interested in what the pair may do.

Her ears are perked, but she is momentarily distracted by the arrival of another, calling herself Deathwish, and Jah-Lilah bobs her head in response. That's when she sees her. The alleged queen of these mountains. A male consort follows her, but from afar. It seems he has her back, but from way, way back. My mare raises a curious eyebrow, snorting. She ventures closer, if only to hear the heated exchange between the rivals. She sits back and waits, memorizing everything so she can return to her pair of lovers with all the knowledge she can possibly provide. Her eyes dart back to the creature who called herself Thana, briefly wondering how the mare knew of her and knew her name, but nothing in Beqanna surprised her anymore. A few more steps forward are taken, coming in diagonal from the pair of troublemakers. She grows bolder, confidence building with each stride.

So hold me until it sleeps.

I'ma do me and you can just do you.