• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Let the only sound be the overflow; Jah-Lilah

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

Her own impatience fuels her.

Through the winding paths of Beqanna the little brown wolf darts haphazardly. She’s not in any rush, persay, but the thrill of having questions answered before Time would give them up is simply too enticing to allow for ambling sightseeing. Her mind, much like her paws, races with thoughts of hope and joy until it feels swept clean by some unnatural hurricane of force. She mustn't get ahead of herself, it would do no good if heartbreak awaited. But she can’t help it, she can’t help it, she just can’t help it.

Circinae believes she might be pregnant. 

Already her dreams conjured images of tiny legs, sweet wide eyes, and innocent disposition in the form of a long-awaited child. She spent hours glancing blankly into the thicket of her surrounding world, lost with wishes of gold and green made anew while below, in the shadows of her belly, desire grew into love. It had been almost important at first to ignore the signs - a powerful new craving for red meat, sickness when she least expected it - these were all just happenstance. As much as she had wanted it to be true then, the pain of it not coming to fruition would have been too much.

Now she’s almost certain, but there’d been no sudden change now like there’d been before, with the twins. Her stomach had yet to balloon in that familiar, uncomfortable way and her milk wasn’t coming in. She could wait, like most mares; be patient and just ride the storm until it blew away. But Circinae, as we all know, is no simple mare and she has a proverbial card up her sleeve. @[Jah-Lilah], (somewhere nearby, her nose tells her) was a trump queen in a deck of jokers. If anyone could tell her ahead of time it would be her ruby lover.

The slender wolf pulls to a halt just near the edge of the meadow where the shadows of the Forest behind her still caress the earth below her. Scanning, she has yet to find that flash of fire in the otherwise dull gathering but her mouth tips skywards and her teeth split apart to release a quick howl. Let her dame hear one note and the electric girl would be here in a minute, Circinae doesn’t even have a doubt about that. Pleased and rather excited she sits, tail curling deftly over her feet to keep the winter cold at bay.

Circinae

Jah-Lilah

Is love so fragile and the heart so hollow?

Jah-Lilah has began to come to terms with the death of Taiga. She realizes there is a very real possibility that her mossy lover's home may never return to her. It bothers her. However, she also is aware that the Earth-Mother knows better than any how to grow and rebuild, and difficult as it may be, she needs to let go and let nature run it's course. This is how she found herself, or rather lost herself, in the happenings of the meadow this winter's eve. She cleared her mind of all the destruction and despair that resided within, and found joy in the peace of the wintertime. 

She pushes her dark muzzle through the hard crust of ice forming atop the fluffy snow, foraging for stray shoots of grass dwelling beneath. She champs and chomps, greedily snatching up nutrition wherever it may be found, and that's when she hears it. The faint howl of a wolf, her wolf, in the distance. Her head flies straight up, snow thrown in every direction as she strains to find the direction of whence it came. She is stone still, blades of grass hanging from her mouth, suspended in mid-chew. She inhales deeply, catching wind of her mate, and she's off, like a thief in the night. Her hooves tear through the snow with hardly any resistance at all, when the girl calls for her she's on cloud nine anyways, hooves barely touching the ground.

She bursts through a gathering of barren branches, into the open clearing where her lupine love awaits her. She squeals delightedly, piaffing up to the little mousy creature in front of her and bending down for a nuzzle. She wuffs and blows, lipping at stray tufts of fur. There was no happier moment for her than when she was reunited with her lover. Even for a moment, the smallest insignificant millisecond of time was too long for the red wytch. They had all been so busy for the upcoming preparations, they had hardly time for one another. Yet when her Wolf called, she came. She would always come. When the sun burnt out and the Earth-Mother swallowed all of them up she'd come to that howl...

Shatter with words impossible to follow.

stronger than you know

@[Circinae]

And in the moment Jah appears, Circinae forgets everything else.

They have grown so much together in the past year. Countless dark nights, rendered sleepless by the gnawing beast of loneliness, had been spent pressed close to the red wytch. How many tears had her lightning lover swept clean? How many gilded afternoons and moonlit evenings had been spent exchanging fears, secrets? All that time passing and still Circinae feels elation, breathless desire, when she and her mate can finally be together again.

Hot breath spills out over her back to displace her tawny fur and Circinae can feel the horse within her tugging to be released - she consents, the shift is smooth and practiced. Whole and horse once more she showers Jah with tender murmurs of appreciation and gratitude, “Thank you,” and “I love you” Slip free from the emerald mare’s tongue. It was the first instance of having uttered that phrase but the Wolf of Water no longer shies from the admission. It should have been said long ago, and many more times than this one.

“Jah, I feel like my heart could burst. Could I be any happier?” The little mare laughs, throwing her head about with childish enthusiasm. “No - don’t answer.” She says abruptly, “Woudn’t want to jinx it.”

They both know all too well how funny a thing fate could be. “I have so much I want to talk to you about that I don’t know where to begin!” Circi gasps, settling readily into the hollow of Jah’s shoulder. Words would come, but for now she busies herself with righting the stray locks of her companion’s mane. There’s the smell of warm earth, tinted by a spicy undertone, that assaults her nostrils with each flutter of her lips and Circinae is more than content to be drowned in the scent that is so uniquely Jah. To say that she had missed her spark-and-flame was quite an understatement.

“My heart,” She murmurs at last, once the excitement of their reunion has begun to simmer into a slower, more thorough heat, “I think something wonderful is in store for us.” Circi coos. The phantom beginnings of a foal, their newly fused family, and the possibility of new beginnings are all things she considers as she buries a shy head against the groove of Jah-Lilah’s withers. Her heart, full to overflowing, strains against her ribs.

“Tell me … am I with child?”

Circinae

Jah-Lilah

They say I'm fragile, I try not to be.

Jah-Lilah's canine companion switches forms as seamlessly as ever, and as she morphs into the equine figure Jah-Lilah knows better than she knows herself. She's all but star struck at the great power her mate holds inside herself. No sooner than her hooves have touched the ground and Jah-Lilah is there. But Jah-Lilah has always been there. From the time the boys were so young, still nursing from their dam with only baby hair on their tails, Jah-Lilah has always been there. She's been so lucky and so blessed to find this small family, willing to accept a wayward vagabond as one of them. They are together again and finally skin meets skin and my little flower-child is a mess. Jah pushes against her, as if she's trying to merge with the evergreen enchantress, breathless, speechless, senseless. The mare paralyzes her.

A soft, sweet, genuine admission slips from Circinae's lips, and Jah-Lilah is nearly brought to her knees. She hears other things being said, but she can't make them out. She hasn't heard those loaded words since her midnight mate so many seasons ago. She inhales sharply, whispering a hushed "I love you too, my Wolf-of-the-Water" in the mare's ear. They are alone, and Jah-Lilah is lost in the shifter's embrace. She should have confessed weeks ago, months ago, a year ago, the first time she laid eyes upon the frazzled and wide-eyed new mother. The moment she came over that hill chasing those twins, Jah-Lilah loved her. It felt as though she had always loved her, like there had never been an era in the history of the Earth-Mother that Jah-Lilah didn't love this wily little wolf-girl. 

Circinae dances about, tossing her head and laughing, boasting about how good their life was together. Jah-Lilah did not argue, she just chased the girl, lipping at the air with an impish look in her eye. She was right, they were all so incredibly happy together. She laughed along in agreement, whinnying delightedly. She suddenly bounds closer, wrapping the girl close to her, tucking her face under the girl's azure mane, running her nose where hair meets skin. She coos and wuffles, eyes closed in absolute ecstasy. They meet, shoulder to shoulder, and are one once again.
    Suddenly her beloved canine becomes shy, withdrawn, she coyly peers up at my mare beneath long eyeslashes, calling out pet names and sweet nothings. Jah-Lilah can already sense a change.

There is a new scent, a new pH, a new set of hormones in the air, and none belong to the pair of lovers dancing naked in the moonlight. Jah-Lilah is overcome and overjoyed, her lover is with child. Then she knows why the girl has come. A sly smile spreads slowly across my firefly's feature as she feigns ignorance, nipping at the green goddess' chest. She laughs softly as she answers, failing to meet the mare's inquiring eyes on purpose. "And what makes you think I know what the earth-Mother has or hasn't given to you, my beloved?" She keeps a straight face only for a moment, ducking her head below Circinae's, and pushing her cheek and muzzle to her girl's side. She slides back until she's resting to her belly, inhaling deeply with her eyes closed, smiling and clucking. She is murmuring, but the words are between her and the daughter that grows within. She sighs, opening her eyes, looking as if she's in a dream. She draws her response out, humming softly to Circinae's belly.

"Yes, my water nymph. A seed grows inside you." Her heart thumps in her chest, anticipating her Wolf's extreme response, tail twitching in anticipation. A fire burns in her heart and her loins as she meets eyes with the mare, lost in a daze, head over heels.

I search only for something I can't see.

stronger than you know

@[Circinae]

If it had been anyone but Jah holding that tidbit of information just out of her grasp, Circinae might have been irritated. As it is, the taunting look her ruby mistress gives only serves to land her a soft nip that does nothing but wet the fur along her fiery hip. Being coy was a tension reliever, it reminded them that hard answers must be given and received with a measure of acceptance and love. There would come a day that the truth from Jah’s mouth might do more than rouse a heated, hungry gaze; it could pierce rather than prod. Circinae hopes that, should the day ever come, she can take such a blow with grace and respect.

Those are heavy thoughts, though. Already the broad side of Jah’s cheek, nose are exuding a pleasant warmth over her ribs - and when the enchantress begins to murmur? Well, Circi nearly melts. “Oooh,” She groans sweetly, all but lost in the moment. Circinae’s bright eyes flutter closed, a sigh cascades like water over her skin, and then she’s rocking slowly to the rhythm of the Lightning mare’s song. A steady tempo of back and forth that pulls her mind to a warm, hidden place inside of her. “Yes, my water nymph.” She can hear Jah say, even if the words feel miles from where she’s at.

“A seed grows inside you.”

From the corner of one jeweled eye a single tear slips free. “I knew it could not be anything less - Canaan works his magic rather ... thoroughly.” The mother laughs, a sound as pliant and whispery as silk. With the exhalation of a deep breath she wasn’t aware she’d been holding in, Circinae opens her eyes wide once more and fills her senses with Jah-Lilah. “Heart - if I could only see you as happy as I feel now! What I wouldn’t give …” She exclaims, images of the gold, green, and red that their family was composed of leaping to the forefront of her mind. It gives her inspiration - this memory of their trio bathed in starlight near the River. “Perhaps … perhaps there is something.” Circi muses oddly, the beginning of a smirk transforming her features.

With a devilish glance she peers back over her shoulder to where Jah’s proud, tempestuous gaze waits, “Tell me - truthfully mind you - what you think of Canaan.” She toys. “Two can play the game of cat-and-mouse, dear.” Her conscious purrs; Jah was unaware that Circi and her amber lover had already dappled on the topic of the red wytch. There was humor in the fact that Circi knew she and Canaan’s thoughts were not so far from one another when it came to the sultry girl … “He’s rather impressive, isn’t he?”

Circinae

Jah-Lilah

I have my own life, and I am stronger than you know.

The sea foam mare answers her deliberate playfulness with a nip on the flank, and Jah is alive with feeling. A shock jolts her system like none she's felt in such a long time, the pulse created not by electricity, but by love. She is absolutely in pieces behind the girl. Little does Circinae know, the playful and withholding front that Jah-Lilah puts on is to conceal the weakness she has for the teleporting shifter. The Pegasus too, for that matter. Jah-Lilah is afraid, for the first time since she lost her horned lover. For the first time in years, the red sorceress has something to lose. As she confesses the secrets that the Earth-Mother has told her about Circinae, she has no regrets. 

It is no longer just Jah-Lilah's own life, it is all of theirs. As much as she wants to be selfish, she can't. She wants to give this exquisite creature everything she could ever want, love, affection, children, kingdoms. There is nothing that Wolf-of-the-Water could ask of her that she wouldn't attempt to get for the great green beauty. Jah-Lilah was in love, for better or worse. Jah-Lilah doesn't tell her it's a daughter that grows within her, doesn't tell her she'll be strong, perfect, everything Jah-Lilah is not. She loves the unborn babe as if it was hers.

Suddenly my mare's future planning in interrupted by questions from her beloved. She shuffles her feet anxiously as Circinae speaks, but she could never lie to the female. Even if her mouth produced false words, her body would tell it all. Circinae laments on how happy her and Jah could be, but aren't the two of them plus Canaan happy enough? She swallows hard as she senses where her beloved is going with this conversation. Her angelic mate wears a knowing smirk as she sidles up to Jah-Lilah, kissing and crooning. She two share an embrace, and all insecurity drains from my firefly in the blink of an eye. This was everything to her. This girl, this woman, this perfect paragon of a creature broke Jah down to her very core. As much as she hated to admit it (and she never would, at least not aloud), Jah-Lilah had a weakness again. What she wouldn't give to be closer to her Wolf, to share every experience with the mare? And then Circinae seems to have an idea.

She asks about the winged male and my flower child is instantly brought back to their time at the river. Their bodies had greedily intertwined, and everything else was lost in that moment, Jah-Lilah's nether parts alight again, but in a different way than when she's all but making love with the Wolf-of-the-Water. She's burning for an invasion, a tryst of the flesh that will make her and the pair of lovers she's taken kin for real. Jah-Lilah begins to think she wants a baby, and she's frightened. Never before has she yearned to reproduce, to form that unity with another. Now all of a sudden, she wants this female, and her male. Her mouth runs dry, but she cannot lie to her Wolf. And so it all spills out like a waterfall.

"He is incredible. I've never seen such a match as you and he. He is the only creature here that can even hold a candle to you, and by that comparison he lights my candle as well." She licks her lips and creeps in close to the girl, breathless and dripping from places unmentionable at the thought of them. She rubs hard and strong on the female, like a cat marking it's territory, her eyes closed and her sides heaving. Jah-Lilah has been so tired of loving everything without somebody of her own to love, and now she has two mates to dote on. She is overcome by passion she didn't know she had, and seeks solace in the barrel of her she mate. She coos and purrs, pouring feelings she didn't know she had for the winged mate of her mate into grooming the pregnant queen by her side, hiding jade eyes and a confused heart behind her charcoal forelock.

I carry this feeling, when you walked into my life, that you won't be walking out the door.

stronger than you know

@[Circinae]

In the beginning it had been the shy blossoming of love. Circinae had been a trembling, frail flower back then, petals shyly closed against the sun and a stem not yet far from the ground. In the Meadow where she and Jah had first intertwined the realization of just who the bloodred mare would become hadn’t even settled in. And now?

The broken web of shadows from the edge of the Meadow cannot touch the two from where they stand, so closely pressed together. The only shade is cast by Circinae’s companion, and the red wytch is doing her best to rid even those grey spots from Circinae’s hide with her tender grooming. “Jah, my heart, my Spark-and-Flame,” She murmurs, adopting for a moment the habit her lover had come to bestow on others. “what would I be without you or Canaan? I’m only whole because he restored my heart, and you held it together.” The truth spills easily enough.

Her mate is busy, though, rubbing with kittenish demure along her side until Circinae is weak. Instinctively she squares, each leg shuffling softly, numbly, beneath her while she spreads as if in preparation for embrace. “I’m soft, like water,” The loose mare moans when breathing becomes a task, “Canaan longs for something wild, like fire.” She gasps when the red mare’s teeth lock onto her weak spot between her withers. The shifter’s mind is hazy, she doesn’t know what it means to be intoxicated but it assaults her all the same - unforgiving like the sea when it pounds her in waves of emotion. A tremor rattles her; the peak of her tail where emerald blends to navy rising in response to the dominant, heated aggression.

It’s an aggression she willingly submits to, an aggression Canaan would revel in could he but taste it. “Jahhh…” Circinae pleadingly whimpers, unaware that her eyes have closed and her back has curved in expectation, “I cannot live without you. Take me, and take Canaan, as your lovers.”

Archly she turns her head over one beryl shoulder to pin her desire upon Jah with molten, stark blue eyes. “Will you honor us by accepting?”

Circinae

Jah-Lilah

Still I carry this feeling,

There they stood, red touching green, black mixing with blue, the only two mares in the world. Just like the four seasons, like the sun and the moon, like life and death, everything comes full circle. And so it was they were wrapped together, pledging their love and devotion in the same place they had first met so many moons ago. Her lover was so different then, so bashful, so self conscious. Look at her now, it made Jah-Lilah burn with desire to see how much her Wolf-of-the-Water had grown into herself. Commanding confidence oozed from her pores, and my flower-child adored every ounce of it.

The girls speak in hushed voices and mumbles as if they were younglings sharing secrets, and this time it is Jah-Lilah who is bestowed a new name. She falters in her affections, if only for a moment, taken aback at such a gesture. A pet name? For her? No one had ever given my firefly a soul name, like the way she does for others. She dives back into her grooming even more intensely, if only to hide a singular tear that escapes her green eye. She moves down to the sensitive underside of Circinae's belly, and the nibbling turns to rubbing with her upper lip. She gives my red mare too much credit as she poses rhetorical questions and ponders aloud. Jah speaks softly, reassuring. "Oh my Wolf, you did it all yourself. I only watched."

The mare hits a tender spot and suddenly Circinae gets into position, and Jah-Lilah is instantly turned on. She moves into her own sawhorse position, eagerly plunging her muzzle back down to the underside of Circinae. She gently makes her way to the crook of her groin, and she's greeted with evergreen shaded udders. They are shapely, plump and round, preparing for the arrival of a foal. This evening my flower-child is the one suckling, extending a pink tongue out to caress over the teats of her lover. Her heart slams against her chest and her sides heave with want over her bi-colored female. Jah-Lilah always comes whenever Circinae beckons her, but this time the red wytch is in control. She moves up Circinae's flank, tongue caressing and roaming where it pleases. She is talking about fire and water, the longing of Canaan, and Jah-Lilah's head is spinning. As the girl raises her navy tail, my mare is dizzy with the scent of her. A noise escapes Circinae's lips that could only be described as a whine, as she begs Jah. Begs her for what? As she speaks, she catches my mare and forces an answer from her. Jah-Lilah laughs gaily.

"Oh Wolf-of-the-Water, don't you see?" She stretches out each word, dangling her answer in front of @[Circinae] as she presses her body again to the mare. Her muzzle snakes around to her Wolf's haunches, and the rest of her follows, splay-legged and ready. "You have always had me. From the moment you trailed behind those twins, ears in two different directions, face awash with panic...I was yours." She rolls her body up and beneath Circy's tail, so the long hair trails over her body. She stinks of the mare's signature, and she loves it. She saunters her way up the opposite side of Circinae, her own tail flung over her back, advertising her swollen willingness to dominate and submit to the water queen. Her lips trail lightly north, over hip, back, that tingly spot on her withers. "I love you, and would love nothing more than to belong to you and your golden lover, but you ask for things you already have. What's understood doesn't have to be explained..." Her muzzle reaches Circy's cheek, and she noses up under her chin, lipping at her mouth tenderly.

When you walked into my house, that you won't be walking out the door.

stronger than you know