• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

FLASH. Give me attention [Offspring]

I'm an invisible monster,
    and I'm incapable of loving anybody.
    You don't know which is worse.

While visiting Dahmer's new safe haven, Scyla quickly made up her mind to stay. Not that she would really ever want to leave Dahmer's side and the volcano temperature was nice enough. A little more shade would be nice, but the warm thermal winds were great to glide on and the ocean's sound soothed her ever restless mind. It was a good enough place to bed down for the night. She'd have to find some snow eventually, because as good as the warm was, the cold was truly where she found herself more comfortable. Numb. And any child of the Hellhound knows that emotions were dangerous things and could never be truly outwardly expressed. That's just silly.

Anyways, Dahmer had been kind enough to tell her vaguely what Offspring looked like and now here she was, flying through the air and spying on the residents of Tephra to see if any of them looked like Offspring. Black with pink scars. Black with pink scars. Scyla scolded herself for thinking that she'd be able to see scars through the fuzzy coats of winter. Even if they were in the tropical region she had noticed her own stained white coat was thicker. She finally finds a black horse that was not Dahmer and circles above like an angel. Like a vulture.

Eventually she figures out how to land. It was always the tricky part. Knowing how much run way you need, don't run into any trees, don't run into any horses...or predators. Although here she suspected that there was sometimes not much of a difference between them. Regardless. She managed to touch down a little ahead of Offspring and quickly folds her winds up beside her. The invisible monster clears her throat and calls out to the creature she thinks might be the king around here. "HEY! Are you...Off...Offspring?" It was the first time she really considered his name. "Man, your mother must of hated you more than my mother hated me. At least she gave me a name and not named me the noun of what I was." Smooth Scyla, real smooth. Make fun of the guy that decides if you stay in this land.

You're looking at an absolute zero;
    I'm not the devil but I won't be your hero.
      Winter. His heart once pined for the frigidity of the tundra he had come to know as his own; for the brotherhood (and eventually, sisterhood) that had been his empire, but no longer. Where the ice had once numbed him, the fire now left him raw and tender, and he had already begun to forget how it felt to settle into complacency, to mope and to languish over what had been and what could never be.

The fire moved him forward; it kept him steady and grounded as the ice never had. He has become one with the volcanic isle, in every sense of the word (fire and brimstone burned within him, just as it poured from the caldera on the northern shore), but there is and always would be a part of him that would long for days long gone, for the ice and the snow – for what had become only a memory.

His reverie does not last long, however, as he is halted in his steady pace inland by a sweeping set of finely preened, but bristling feathers – not of gold and ivory, nor of indigo, of those he has become accustomed to interrupting his train of thought. She is altogether unfamiliar – oh, he had seen her from a distance, doting over the bone-plated Smoak and his father, Dahmer. He presumed she was family, and left it that that – he entrusted Dahmer with the island, and he knew that he would not so warmly invite danger or mischief into their territory – thus, he harbored no desire to question him, nor her.

Perhaps, he had been wrong –
      Mischief she most certainly seemed to be.

A flicker of fire emerges across the ridge of his spine as his stoicism becomes an expression of disdain, studying the intrusion upon his quiet time of reflection. She is beautiful, he would be wrong to come to any other conclusion, but her beauty is tamed by her arsenic-laced humor – and there is little else but a deeply rooted frown settled upon his dark mouth. He presses past her, encircling her, while his crimson gaze catches her own and steadies upon them – observing quietly for a moment, before speaking at last.

”I am, that would be me. And you’re not wrong. My mother was less than fond of me. I can see why yours felt the same about you. When will you be leaving?”
    OFFSPRING
    another zealot with the weight of the fucking world.

lmfao she got him all sassy; he'll get over it. @[Scyla]

I'm an invisible monster,
    and I'm incapable of loving anybody.
    You don't know which is worse.

Her eyes quickly evaluated him as he walked towards her, he was measured and self-controled, and the only inkling that she had perhaps annoyed her was the firm, grim frown on his features. Oh, that and the fire spine that arched up for the briefest of moments before fading away. If anything, that only set her decision to stay. He saw her. It was rare that anyone truly saw her. They saw Dahmer's kid sister, or a chess piece for whatever game they were playing. They didn't see her quick thinking, and even Offspring did not see the streak of violence that hid within her graying white coat. The invisible monster was only partially visible. Still, it was like dangling a bone in front of a starving dog.

She stays still as he circles her, and could feel his eyes picking her apart. Laying out her own limbs for evaluation and then putting them back together to try and gain some insight to the monster as a whole. Well, if he could do that to her, she could do the same. There was already evidence that he had magic that she had no idea what to think about. Fire along your topline? Does that mean he was a dragon? Could he set her on fire? There was pure curiousity and not a trace of fear. She looks at the scars on his body, noticing that most of them were towards his front. He ran into battles head-on. She admired that. His thick build leant him power over speed, and there was always something to be said about a heavy hitter.

Her head tilts a bit when she hears him speak and laughs at the jab at her own mother. "My mother traded me to my paternal grandfather to pay a debt of some sort at six months...you're a warrior too, you'd probably get along grande with her." She clears her throat, watching him and gauging his reaction. Would there be shock? Would there be pity? Would there be more of the platonic stoicism that she currently got? It was like russian roulette. The suspense was killing her. "I'm not leaving unless Dahmer leaves. Besides, I'd be an asset to your kingdom. I'm an experienced fighter and I have no qualms with killing if you want me to...or anything else really. Yeah, I can be kinda annoying sometimes and if you talk to my brother I have sub-par social skills, but you know, no one is perfect." She shrugs her wings before adjusting them against her sides again. "Besides, it's not like you're Mr. Sociable but they let you lead."  Scyla watched him carefully, but not fearfully. She'd figure out whatever slight emotion that came from him meant.

@[Offspring]  with love!

(Sea-Dog x Desole)
    Half Sister to Dahmer