• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Even the best horse may stumble. [Ledger/Any]

Anette had a lot to think about as she walked, casting glances now and then at the flaxen stallion. The further they ventured from the field the more curious she grew, wondering how he came to look the way he does now. A rather natural curiosity, really, of course she couldn't help but wonder how he became so scarred. But she couldn't ask, it would be impolite, wouldn't it? It was like an itch she just couldn't scratch.

The upside to this, of course, was that it kept her mind off of the walking. Anette was a small creature, and although she was strong it didn't quite make up for how short her legs were. They could carry her a great length, but slowly, and sometimes this made her feel bad for her lanky companion - she was quite sure he could make the trip in half the time. But when she thought about it  she trusted her companion a little bit more. there were still the occasional pangs of doubt, that his intentions may be a little more sinister than they seemed. But then, if he did mean her harm, she doubted he would come so far at her pace to do so.  

She crossed the river with few problems. Her little legs were strong and carried her though the water easily, it was just keeping her head above the surface that cold be tricky. Her neck was broad, not long after all. It was for the most part pleasant however, the water was warmer than what she was used to. She could see herself enjoying swimming here when she was a little less tired.

She stopped when they came to the lands border, unsure of what to do next, where to go.  She turned to face her companion, Ledger, wasn't it? She was bad with names, probably always will be. You, know, I hope its okay for me top stay," she laughed "Because I wouldn't like to make that trip again so soon." a small overstatement perhaps, she probably could walk it another time. Anette had endurace, sure, but she could also be rather lazy at times.

anette

Aldri så god hest at han ikkje kan snuble

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

They were mostly silent as they head to the ashland’s due to the obstacles in their way. Anette is tougher than she looks, dealing with each new trial with silent determination. He is there to aid her if needed but finds she barely needs his assistance or perhaps is too stubborn to ask. The river was the trickiest part but she accepted the challenge with ease. Slipping into the cool waters with her little head poking above like a duck. He chortled to himself, pleased with this new recruit. The girl had a lot of heart.

When they finally arrive, he shakes the water from his coat (flinging droplets everywhere) and looks around with pleasure. Although he still hates the humid heat, he has grown to love this place and everything it stands for. Family, love, friends. He has yet to experience anywhere else in Beqanna like it. Anette’s voice startles him for they had been quiet for so long. He turns his good eye to her, a warmth in his smile. ”Of course you can stay. I think you’ll fit right in honestly.”

Ledger

@[Anette] Sorry this took so long!