• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Without the Dark, We'd Never See the Stars;Ouija [Any]
    Continued...(River thread)

The breeze was warm upon my face.  He did not step out from the cover of trees at the border.  But stood watching...
    Waiting...

I look to his face to see a grin of amusement and satisfaction.  My head tilts in wonder, then turns to look across the lands again.  I wonder who might live here that was part of the Amazons.  Would they even know me? Probably not.  I had been young then and it was so long ago.  Regardless I look about with anticipation.  The sun was nearing but has not broke the horizon yet.  The sky lights were starting to fade, as they did every morning.

On our travels he tells me he needs me to help him.  I have never been needed so I am happy to help.  He needs me to create a shadow for him in order for him to get what he needs.  I am hesitant on his intentions but he mentions it being stolen so they can't know he was here.  I agree hesitantly but happy that I was needed.  He tells me to stay near the border and wait for someone to come find me.  I nod understandingly then I step into the open.

My hooves clip on the weird rocky terrain. My muzzle lower to observe it.  Running my upper lip against the cool surface.  An excited twitch to my tail, as my head lifts to glance around.  The haze of early morning still lingers and I question how anyone would find me in it. I decide to call out, excited to see who I might find...

(She has come to see if she can find anyone she knows from the Amazon.  I don't really know who she would know but maybe we can pretend they know each other.  Also she came here with Ouija but he is "not here" so just ignore him Wink The purpose of the thread is for him to gather some Intel from whoever interacts with Reshi.  Then when day breaks and she loses her twilight manipulation, his masking shadow disappears, revealing him. She is unaware of his plan and when he's discovered by all means do whatever you want to him.  It may be fun for @[Djinni] to see him revealed since they know each other.  Whatever happens I'm totally up for Smile )
    Her breath is rises like a cloud, obscuring the frothing waves before her. The grey water is still flecked with chunks of ice despite the formal arrival of spring; nature has never followed the calendar - it is the other way around.

The granite cliffs of Nerine are a far cry from the former home of the Amazons.

This is no tropical paradise. There is no humidity in this air, no looping vines and screeching creatures. There are no shadowy glens and soft foliage to hide behind post-Reckoning; the Amazons have had become as rough as the sand beneath her hooves.

Djinni rather likes it. The warrior women had become too soft; now, perhaps, they can reach their true potential.

There is nothing out at sea, and so the tall mare turns from the sea. Her height is not the only change from her time in Sylva; the soft grey of her coat have been replaced with muted rose and gold, and the tangible rings and bangles of her power have disappeared (for now). They’ve been replaced with a pair of two-tined horns, as gold as the feathers of her elegant wings, as glittering as the black of her eyes as she catches a bit of movement in the distance.

She walks to the stranger, enjoying the soft give of the grey sand beneath her hooves as she tucks her wings closer to keep out the worst of the wind. Despite the chill, the wind is in her favor, blowing toward her and carrying with it the scent of this stranger. A mare, she has ascertained before she is close enough to make her out from the tees. There is another smell, something almost familiar, but a hard look into the trees reveals nothing but shadows, and Djinni assumes that this roan stranger has come alone.

“Hello,” she says, her voice pleasant and her smile perfunctory. “What brings you to Nerine?"
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Reshi

My deep eyes scan the lands.  They are stale.  Not in activity per say but in color.  The blue-black of my hide mashes with the greyed land.  I snort in confusion.  This isn't what I expect at all.  Nevertheless I hope to find someone here to convers with...

As the thought crosses my mind I see a sparkle through the mists.  A curious look paints across my face as I make out the golden wings and horns of the resident.  The others movements are casual and lack any haste.  I smile, content on watching the approach from the rising mists. Hello, rings from the mare nearing.  My dark ears twist forwards to catch her words and question.  I answer quickly but not before my eyes glance to the shadows of the borders.  

My gaze returning to the mare with no more than a swift glance.  My thoughts wonder if this is who he had talked about, but the thought merely passes as I reply happily, "Hello! I'm Reshi.  I guess I am looking for someone... Or something.  Though I'm not quite sure who... Or what it might be."  The look on my face turns to confusion at what I had just said.  I try again, "I mean... I grew up in the Amazons and I was hoping to see someone I know... I thought I might try here first.  Though it looks much different here and I don't believe we have met.  Did you live in the Amazons?"  I look hopefully at the mare.  Maybe she would be able to point me in the right direction...

Without the Dark, We'd Never See the Stars

The the roan mare sees her, but before she replies turns back to glance at the same shadows Djinni had found empty a moment before. The rose mare's eyes follow the roan'a gaze, but the treeline is still empty, and she refocuses on the newcomer with curious tilt of her head.

Djinni does not have time to probe, for the other mare bursts into an answer, and Djinni's ears flick quickly to take in all the other female has to say. She sounds lost, confused, but that is not entirely uncommon. It's rarer now than in the days immedialty following the Reckoning, but there are still those who show up, searching for places and horses that had been lost below the sea.

And yes, that seems to be the case here: this mare is searching for a kingdom that no longer exists.

"I never lived in the Jungle, no." She answers honestly, but speaks again before the words will have time to dim this stranger's hope. "But Nerine was founded by the Sisterhood after the Reckoning, and remains true to spirit of the Amazons. Several of the residents here - including our Queen Nayl - called the Jungle home."

Most of the warrior women that Djinni had known are long gone, their bones bleached by the sea. Still, that does not mean that those this stranger seeks have all vanished.

"Who are you looking for? Perhaps one of the sisters here might know where they are, or what happened to them." There is genuine interest in the rose-gold mare's gave, and while the wind blows a hank of flaxen mane across her eyes, she does not remove her focus from this stranger.

Reshi

Dawn was fast approaching and I knew my powers would weaken soon.  Still unsure of the stallions intentions here.  Since he had asked for help I obliged.  My thoughts didn't linger long as the mare was quick to answer with a small ray of hope I may find my home again.  A twist of my ears to catch her words... Nayl It wasn't a name I immediately recognized but I store it in the back of my mind.  I am ever curious so I question, "I do not recognize your Queens name.  Did she rule the Jungle as well?" 

She continues quickly and I search what memories I have of names mentioned before answering, "Oh yes... Ummm my mother's name is Vi.  We lived in the Amazons for a short time.  My dad, his name is Astray.  And... Scorch I have heard of as well." A genuine laugh escapes me, "So much has changed.  But your home looks to be doing well.  I can't imagine ruling over an entire kingdom.  Must be exhausting.  Nayl must be extremely talented." My smile is contagiously genuine as I focus on the dun mare.  I wish I knew more of my past but hopefully someone could tell me what has happened to my family... 

“No,” Djinni replies, “but her family has lived – and ruled – in the Amazons for generations. I am sure she would be able to help you. ”

“Very talented.” agrees the pale mare, echoing Reshi’s accurate assessment of the Iron Queen. “She is a truly impressive warrior,” adds the winged mare “and a remarkable queen.” Djinni is rather proud of Nayl, after all. There’s no reason to not sing her praises.

“The name Scorch sounds familiar even to me,” says Djinni, tilting her antlered head in a circle as though to release a crick in her neck. She is the picture of ease as she continues: “I’m sure Nayl will be able to help you. Shall I take you to her?” She gestures down the length of the beach, where she is sure they will come across the tobiano queen soon.

Reshi

The mist that had hung throughout the lands were lifting as the sun rose.  Peaking just over the horizon now it gave new life to Beqanna.  Creatures of all kinds stirred from their slumber... And shadows.

A black-blue ear remained fixated on the horned mare. Capturing each word.  I am happy to hear I may have found a link to being reunited with my family. Quick to nod in agreement of meeting the Queen, "That sounds excellent! Thank you." In my excitement I all but forgot of the shadows I maintained.  As the sun rises and light consumes the world it is not as effortless and I struggle to keep my control.  There is a flicker as my powers weaken.  Exposing the blanketed stallion to the sun's rays in a slide show appearance.  With an exhausted huff of air it collapses.  My eyes deviate from the mare to the treeline.  The demonic eyes staring, but not at me.  A sly grin across his lips as he steps into the open, We meet again, Djinni is all he says...

Θuija

Watching. Waiting. Listening.  He liked this game.  Containing his cackling as to not give away his position.  The cobalt mare was quite useful.  Attracting the immediate attention of none other than the Ruler of Sylva.  She is different today - as so often she has - he now realizes.  Her outward appearance changing as they were the seasons.  Interesting, he thinks.  

The mares converse as he is cloaked in the powers of the other.  He picks out bits of info that may be of some use. If not today, then tomorrow.  Taking note of each name to save for a rainy day.  

His eyes flicker to the loaming presence of daylight.  Beams of light stretch awake, grasping the cloak from atop him and tossing it aside.  He feels exposed and when their eyes shift to him, he knows.  The stallion shifts slightly as crimson eyes stare.  Lips curled as he hisses, "We meet again, Djinni." 

Wanna play a game?

I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    It’s as though she can hear their voices meddling with the crashing of the waves. Her name is a beacon and despite actually knowing nothing of their conversation, Nayl is drawn forward from her solitude.

It isn’t an immediate decision. In fact, she hesitates as she takes the time to enjoy how the wind kisses her skin and how the gulls cry overhead. There is a powerful beauty harnessed in Nerine and oftentimes she perceives herself as the same. There is a tenderness within her that so few have seen; the world looks upon her and its prying eyes see an iron-fisted queen, fiery and impulsive. They cannot see the adoration that she has suppressed beneath her hardened shell for her family, her home, and her sisterhood.

While part of her regrets the lack of closeness she shares with most, there is also a relief that so few know her weaknesses and how soft her heart can truly be. A great deal of her enjoys sliding into the armor of an iron queen if that means protecting Nerine.

Her starry eyes peer up at the sky for a moment longer before finding Djinni again and joining the small group. First, she acknowledges the mare and nods with a smile quirking a single corner of her mouth; however, her eyes dart to the stallion the instant his voice suffocates the air around them. ”And who the hell are you?” He speaks like nails on a chalkboard with menacing eyes that trace along Djinni. A length of two heartbeats allows a glance to her friend for confirmation. His arrival – unexpected? Anticipated? – detracts from the female that originally drew Nayl from the edges of the cliff, but she still duly notes her presence among them, wanting to know her.

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina
    The rose gold mare has started to turn away, ready to lead Reshi down the beach, farther into Nerine, and closer to Nayl. The rising sun is toying with the shadows in the woods behind the blue mare, but there is a motion that is just too quick to be natural, and at that Djinni turns back.

The same dark corner where Reshi has glances before is no longer dark - and nor is it empty.

There is an unfortunately familiar face there now, and his appearance is greeted with a showing of teeth. It’s not a smile on Djinni’s face that shows those teeth, but rather a snarl, one that is all the more fierce for the serrated teeth behind it.

“You.” She hisses, and then her hard black gaze turns to Reshi. “And you! Did you bring him here?”

The arrival of Nayl behind her is not acknowledged, but Djinni knows that the other mare will not be offended. Nayl is prideful, but she is also skilled at reading a situation, and Djinni is clearly focused on these strangers.

“Do you remember the red-eyes wraith that Karaugh told us about?” She asks Nayl over her shoulder, her attention on the newcomers. “I think this is one of his pets. Ouija is it?”

Djinni resettles the golden wings at her sides, and then glances at Nayl.

“Perhaps he could tell us more.” Perhaps we should make him, she does not add. Ouija is the one who has stepped onto foreign land, after all. If they were to keep him, well, wouldn’t that be interesting.