• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [mature]  and the blood just spills and spills; ROUND II
    <center><link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Parisienne|Lora" rel="stylesheet"><div style="width: 500px; background: url('http://i.imgur.com/sf1xIe4.png'); padding-top: 5px; background-position: top; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: #4e4142;box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #000;border-radius: 450px 450px 0px 0px;"><div style="width: 490px; background: url('http://i.imgur.com/sf1xIe4.png'); padding-top: 10px; background-position: top; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: #a7a0a1; box-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #000000;border-radius: 450px 450px 0px 0px;"><div style="font-family: 'Parisienne', cursive; font-size: 70px; opacity: .86; color: #d3cac7;margin-top: 260px;padding-right: 240px;text-shadow: .5px 1px 2px #2f2b2d, 0px 0px 10px #4e4142, 0px 0px 6px #4e4142, 1px 1px 2px #817379;">Ellyse</div><div style="font-family: 'Lora', serif; color: #4e4142;text-transform:uppercase; font-size: 10px; opacity: .9;margin-top: -24px;padding-left: 100px;text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #645b5f, .5px 1px 10px #fff;">I have the tendency of getting very physical, <br>so watch your step 'cause if I do you'll need a miracle.</div><div style="width:450px; margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 10px; margin-right: 10px; padding: 10px; opacity: .8; font-family: Times;color: #31292a;font-size: 12px; line-height: 140%; text-align: justify; border-radius: 0px 0px;">The iron confinement keeping her enveloped in the tight, unforgiving embrace of his torment is bitter and metallic across the surface of her tongue, and unbending beneath the incessant prying of her blunt and yellowed teeth. There is water, and there is sustenance (<i>the scent of it is intoxicating; alluring to every single one of her senses</i>) – but she is no fool, and she is loath to believe he has not poisoned it. Her mouth, dry and parched, is parted, while her pale, pink lips brush across the metal binding holding her in the enclosure. No amount of force had yet give any weakness away.

The cries of the suffering do little to unnerve her – she is stoic; an unwavering presence of hardened resolve and disdain – at least, so it would appear. Within, her blackened and shriveling heart is pounding with vigor, agitated by the sheer level of <i>noise</i>, by the ire and wrath festering inside of her the golden flecks of her hazel eyes gleam in the dim light – she does not care look beyond the boundary of her confinement. There is a knot of dread slowly building up within the pit of her stomach, stirring her into an irate restlessness – and her indifference is shattered, splintered into a thousand pieces, as her teeth are bared and a shiver traverses the length of her spine.

Beneath the calm, there is a tempestuous storm roiling and raging, festering into a hurricane of destruction and wrath. An irritated snort emerges from her flaring nostrils, as a gust of frigid air brushes across her skin from the left (<i>what should be east, west, north, and south is lost to her – the air is damp and heavy; the darkness </i>stifling). Her gaze searches the nearly impenetrable shadow, blinking to forcefully chase away the vertigo that inevitably befalls her within the disorienting obscurity – the lack of sunlight, the pure <i>blackness</i> enveloping her gilded body is almost enough to steal the breath away from her lungs.

She can feel a distant warmth radiating through the thick, heavily guarded barrier between her and her freedom, breaking through the icy stillness of her enclosure – a stench of wretched death descends upon her, embracing her. It is a scent she had come to know many a time over the course of her youth. Born amid a violent, hateful war, she had grown among the flora, the fauna, and rot – decaying bones amid festering tissue, clinging precariously to the skeleton in death that it had clutched onto in life.

She had never shied away from death – oh, far from it – she had <i>reveled</i> in it, poking, prodding, <i>tasting</i> the bitter and acrid palate of bereavement, of putrefaction. It had driven to near obsession, drawing long spears of bone from her own body to thrust into the proverbial heart of the dead – testing her weight on dry, decrepit bones that had bleached beneath the heat of an unforgiving sun (<i>remembering too well the delight of crushing even a </i>fragment<i> of a skull under her forceful trampling had elicited a cry of glee, then – a wicked one, was she</i>).

And death, <i>death had come for her</i>, a wraith of silver sin and depravity, with a glowering gaze that stills her hammering heart and catches her breath within her throat, suffocating her slowly. When he is upon her, it is instantaneous, <i>sudden</i>, and there is no heavy clanging nor any grating of metal against aging cobblestone to break the insufferable silence filling the void the darkness had left. His breath is warm across her cheek, and he drinks her in with reckless abandon, feasting off of her fear, partaking of her anger, and oh, how he <i>laughs</i> - a dry, cutting laughter that causes her to gasp – to be filled with unshakable, unbearable rage.

<font color="#4e4142"><b>”You –“</b></font> she begins, but he has silenced her, a rumbling chuckle roused from his throat and settling upon his pale lips and crooked, parted teeth.

<font color="#4e4142"><b>”<i>Look</i>,”</b></font> he whispers to her, urging her to look beyond, to see within the darkness to the hatred, to the seething revulsion etched into the features of the one she had come to know and love. She is breathless, shaken beyond her feigned apathy with a trembling fury she had not thought herself capable of – there is a moment of hesitance, in which the sliver of hope – the <i>tendril</i>, so fragile and delicate, tying her heart to his own – is tight and strained. It is fleeting, and at last he has turned away from her with abhorrence gleaming in the golden rim of his single eye, leaving her – leaving her to perish -  to rot away within the confinement of her imprisonment.

Leaving her to die – her heart –
    (<i>she never would have left his side; the father of her children, the one her heart longed for</i>)
    –  <i>shattered</i>,

– and she is gasping for air, with hot tears streaming down her broad and tense cheek, staining the gilded flesh that lay over the taut muscle and hardened bone. She has not even had a moment to catch her breath when the <i>searing</i>, scalding pain of some unseen force begins above her right brow, digging into the shallow flesh and dragging over the tissue of her closed eye, leaving the deep, gaping claw mark of a bear – the brand of a dark and sadistic God; a reminder of her sin – of a love lost. She can taste her own blood trickling into the crevice of her thin and straightened mouth, as the salty brine of her own tears mix with the metallic copper of her own bodily fluid, with her breath coming out in small, rapid puffs, rife with burning anger and white-hot betrayal.

<font color="#4e4142"><b>”Look at how easily he has gone without you,”</b></font> he murmurs to her, his breath hot against her ear, but she barely flinches, even as the darkness descends once more – stealing the sight of Ledger retreating away from her loathsome stare. <font color="#4e4142"><b>”you meant nothing to him – you never have, but then again, you already knew that, didn’t you?”</b></font>

And then, scalding oil poured into the open wound of her bleeding, broken heart –

<font color="#4e4142"><b>”Meanwhile, another – so <i> selfless</i> - so foolish!”</b></font> His voice is booming then, crawling beneath her skin, guiding her to look once again – against her will, though a groan of protest is strangled from her pale lips (<i>and there, in the darkness, is Dahmer crying out to Ledger, crying out to </i>her<i> – pleading for her,  but she cannot hear him and he cannot hear her</i>). <font color="#4e4142"><b>”<i>Foolish enough to follow you to the ends of the Earth</i>.”</b></font>

(<I>no, no -</i>)

<font color="#4e4142"><b>”What a pity it would be, should he die –“</b></font>

(<i>he won’t, he can’t</i>)

<font color="#4e4142"><b>”<i>and all because of you.</i>”</b></font>

With a strangled cry, she is wracked with spiny bone protrusions across the length of her body, along the slope of her spine and down the bridge of her velvet-soft nose, rising in a rounded curve between her darkening hazel stare, boring into his own with a ferocity as she lunges for him. She wayward, vibrantly beating heart yearns to plunge an elongated spike from the hearth of her chest into his own – but she is thrust through the darkness as her impenetrable cell is disintegrated into dust, falling all around her as she plummets forward and to the harsh, dry, and unforgiving ground.  

The light of day is blinding and blistering against her skin, and she is writhing in anguish – the bony protrusions have retracted, but not before rebounding against her broad bone structure, leaving her with a sharpened ache where each had once risen proudly. She is trembling upon her long, slender legs, as she rouses from her crumpled position, peering out into the painfully bright, bleak expanse of nothingness that lay before her. Hidden within her tired, swollen eyes is an anger burning brighter and hotter than it ever had before – a flickering ember blossoming into a blistering inferno, pushing her forward, urging her onward.

The ground is pliant beneath her weight, sifting and giving her an unsteady footing, while the sky overhead is austere and dreary, with nary a cloud in the sky to shield her from the searing heat of the glaring sun. She can hardly see out of her eye, swollen and bleeding, with blood seeping from her still-oozing wound, trickling down the length of her jaw and traveling the column of her neck, drying into tangled ivory tresses that lay haphazardly over her cheek. it leaves her dazed and weary, wandering across the desolate and barren wasteland, her memories heavy and laden with anguish and longing. 

Her children, left without a mother, without a father – guilt, shame, writhing alongside the blinding fury seeping into her veins, churning the adrenaline through her pounding heart. Her gaze (<i>bleary, hazy</i>) does not look for any other – she is certain that she is alone, taken elsewhere to die, to waste away into nothingness in a sea of her own misery and regret. Her loathing rampant and meant to consume her – oh, but there is glimmer – a faint sheen of <i>hope</i> (<i>a fickle thing, hope is – it had crushed her before; her tired heart is wary</i>) in the form of an oasis. 

It is close. <i>So close</i>.

There is movement, and she is soon still and motionless, a lump forming within the heart of her throat. The sun is suddenly eclipsed with small, infinitesimal flecks of light bleeding through the mass obscurity hiding her from the blatant glare of its glow. When her single eye can at last focus upon the force behind the abrupt shadow, her breath is stolen again from her, as a massive raven with a wingspan four times the length of her own body sweeps over the girth of the sun, before tilting to the left, encircling her slowly – carefully. 

With a loud, rousing <b><i>caw!</i></b>, it is upon her, sweeping down from its perch upon the empty sky above, and her long, powerful legs are carrying her through the desolate desert, fleeing the menacing claws outstretched, seeking to grip her supple flesh within its sharpened talons – to gouge her, to spill her blood upon the wide and open plain before her! With each forward stride, the shadow looming behind her slowly envelopes her own, and the realization is upon her – she cannot run, she cannot hide – she can only fight.

Despite the anguish of forcing her sore and aching bones to reshape themselves, she is once again clothed in thick, sharpened spikes of bone, end to end with smaller thorns covering the more pliable surfaces of her gilded body. She does not turn abruptly (<i>it would be catastrophic, should she attempt to</i>), but rather rounds toward the great, flying bird, only to find it has split into what must be a hundred, a <i>thousand</i> ravens! Each of them are clawing at her and gripping at her body, digging into her back, clutching at her knotted mane – pecking angrily at her swollen eye, seeking to gouge it out, to devour it and leave her bleeding and broken in the finely ground sand, to rot and decay with all the rest. 

She writhes, bucking and rearing in desperation to rid herself of their sheathing cloak of feather and flesh, but there are too many –

(<i>pecking, plucking, pulling</i>)

Her voice is lost amid their screeching, screaming her deepest and darkest sins, scolding her for her sordid heart – 

(<i>you whore, you bitch, you harlot – no one can love you</i>)

Her rage takes hold, roiling with a furious force from within before breaking free with vigor and fury, and she is no longer lithe, nor <i>slender</i>. She is entirely reformed, recreated from the very tender marrow of her bones into a powerhouse of muscle and bone, eighteen hands high – each broad and pointed spear impaling a wayward bird, while the mass of her body thrust many others out of the air and to the soft, sifting ground, where her powerful legs crush their delicate, bony bodies with rapid, furious progression. 

As the last, cawing raven screeches and encircles her, it is gone as quickly as it had come, fading away as dust into a sudden powerful updraft of wind, weaving its way through her bloodstained tresses, blinding her from the roaring, barreling creature bounding toward her –

A cry of anguish erupts from her throat as the massive polar bear lunges onto her – (<i>Ledger!</i>) – grasping her shoulder between its sharp and ravenous teeth, tearing at the gilded flesh that lay beneath. A grasping paw clutches tightly onto her folded wing, tearing away at the bristling, ruffled feathers that cling to the hollowed bone beneath. She is becoming tired, exhausted by the sheer force of her constant motion and desperation to live, to <i>thrive</i>, but she does not falter, throwing her behemoth, redesigned body to and fro – before spontaneously shrinking to her ordinary height and weight, throwing the snarling, voracious bear off kilter and onto the silted sand. 

(<i>you’re nothing, you’re worthless – I never loved you</i>)

With a deep and guttural bellow of exhaustion, grief and indignation, a great, elongated spear bursts forth from her chest, and with a great surge of force, she lunges toward the rousing, growling body of the polar bear as it rises onto its hindlegs – thrusting it through its great, beating heart, leaving it to crumple to the ground, bleeding, dying – fading away into dust carried away within the whispering wind as her own body crumples onto the ground in a bleeding heap of rage and despair, as her bony protrusions retract tiredly into her body once more.

Gently, so gently, her pale lips brush across the surface of a crystalline pool of water –

The oasis she had so desperately sought lay before her, as if it had been there all along.
    </div><div style="font-family: 'Lora', serif; color: #4e4142;text-transform:uppercase; font-size: 10px; opacity: .9;text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #645b5f, .5px 1px 10px #fff;padding-bottom: 5px;">You want to stay but you know very well I want you gone; <br>you're not fit to fucking tread the ground that I am walking on.</div></center>

Her brand is <a href="https://gallery.yopriceville.com/Free-Clipart-Pictures/Halloween-PNG-Pictures/Bloody_Scratches_Transparent_Picture">bear claw mark</a> over her right eye; a reminder of Ledger and of her own sin. 
    She is not yet blind in that eye but may/can become so.
    She has exhausted her bone-bending ability and will not be able to depend upon it in future posts.

Monsters
    Giant raven that burst into (in reality) dozens of shrieking ravens, representative of Dahmer and his black wings
    Giant 12 foot tall polar bear, representative of Ledger and his polar bear shifting

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and the blood just spills and spills; ROUND II - by Dahmer - 09-22-2017, 07:59 PM
    RE: and the blood just spills and spills; ROUND II - by Ellyse - 09-22-2017, 11:24 PM