• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The sun, moon, and stars. | Zephyr

The sun. moon, and stars all belong to you.

The bay is silent as the spring air wraps around him like an old friend. The ash choked air softened with the seasons rains. Tephra (while warm year round) held the faint glow of the winters passing, the trees refreshed with the earths changing emotions. He stands quietly in his hollow, back warmed with the passing sun. He has changed over the winter, his coat has darkened, eyes more alight with a sense of sensing as he has become comfortable with his decisions once more. It is in this state that he calls to her, his alabaster angel that he needs so desperaetly to speak with. His heart has ached for her presence for months, but his mind simply was not prepared. For he had failed her, and she had failed him. He left when she needed him most, and she had distrusted him. A combination love could not thrive with. Though now he is ready, ready to stand beside her, to feel the things his heart wanted him to feel. All he wanted now was for her to forgive him, for him to forgive her. He wanted everything to be alright again. The world was changing, and he wanted to be beside her as it did so. Quite honestly, he wasnt sure he could watch it change by himself. Not again. His life wa such a dice roll, the poor guy never knew what he was going to get. For right now he had snake eyes. A path that could go one of two ways..... He called again.

Krigare

[Image: krigare_by_voltum-dbctewi.png]
    They had been apart for too long. 

The months since they last spoke had been rough, their interaction on the beach brief and hesitant. She ran like she had the first time; fear plagued her psyche. Her constant nightmares haunted her already wary mind; the demon came to her regularly, any time her body would drift. Sleep deprivation had set deep in her bones, and she kept her distance from Krigare as to not worry him. 

But she knew she needed to speak with him. This wasn't a question. She needed answers; answers to why they had departed, what had happened that fateful day. She wanted to know if he wanted her...and if he did, she would allow him to have her completely.

She hears his call from her resting place on the beach, and her heart thumps with anticipation. A pause, and he calls again, more urgent this time. She waited only momentarily, before her legs take her to the hollow they had once called home. His scent is strong there - it only takes her a few minutes before she is in front of him. Her eyes cannot see him, but she feels him before her, and she must catch her breath - the nerves are getting the best of her. 

"Krigare..." She mutters, choking up. "It's....it's been so long..."

@[Krigare]

Sorry it sucks xD but when Carnage torture quest is over we'll do another one so he can see the damage done to her. I decided to make it shortly before he takes her.
    Her image is but a fleeting memory in his mind. The curves of her bodice memorized so long ago fade from him as he awaits her. And when she comes to him she is even more stunning than the stag could remember. 

She was perfect, straight down the hauntingly white film of her eyes. She approached him, her words catching in her throat before spilling out into the summer air, and then he is upon her, falling into his love like the ocean falls into the sand.

He does not cry, for he is afraid too. He simply pulls her close, emerald eyes rolling over her frame to memorize it once more.

"Zephyr..."

He whispers, finding her gaze though it is aimless and empty. He holds her for what felt like hours before he pulls away, the ocean recedes. A year had passed while he had been away. A time long spent wondering about his alabaster queen. The one he held so highly above the rest.

'Im sorry...'

Those two words are so close to being spoken, but he is stubborn. his pride is winning against his heart again. He is silent as he watches her, awaiting her response. He is afraid (deep down) that she will say nothing at all. That she will allow the stifling silence to be her scream of betrail.

"It has been so long."
    {Going to switch the timeline a tad to after the quest. She now has dragon vision, although her eyes still appear blind Smile}

Zephyr

He was there, and he was so handsome. Standing before her, the perfect shape of a man - broad bodice with perfectly carved muscles, rippling through dark bay coat. The first time seeing him in person,and not as a figment, and he is as perfect as she imagined. And then, he is touching her. A soft caress over her sleek frame. She leans into it, closing her eyes and letting herself breathe a soft sigh of relief. She still appears blind, how could she tell him she is not? He must know something has happened - the perfectly carved marking around her eye is enough to show it, not to mention the claw marks littering her cheek and barrel. She winces as she remembers the pain, the mental trauma she has gone through. She is pulling away now, tears welling in her eyes. The emptiness in her abdomen is still there, and she looks at Krigare longingly. How could she even begin to tell him the damage caused?

"No...I should be apologizing to you...I shouldn't have ran." She admits, pawing at the ground.

when it's said and done, we'll have our scars to show

@[Krigare] Sorry its kind of sucky :p
    He can feel a change in his alabaster angel, he can see one as well. She watches him with milk-colored eyes, an ebony tail curling around one of her darling eyes... But her eyes were what entranced him. The once motionless spheres follow his body as he moves to her.. could she see him? Could she see him?

"You had every reason too..."

He dismisses the thoughts with his words, an uneasiness settling in her chest. Whatever happened to her in their separation was clearly monumental, and he would not force her to speak of it. His own time away had been hard. With nothing to do the bay had followed his child more. He had sought out the painted boy he helped create. The boy that was now crippled... The boy who would not survive to his fourth year. The boy that was likely yo get Krigare killed. 

"I hold no grudge against you darling Zephyr, no hurt at all.."

He whispered, watching her quietly. Suddenly he wanted her to tell him everything she was holding from him. He had a gnawing desire for her to flood him with news of the past year... yet he knew she would not. Because they had been apart, and she had lived her life.. and so had he.

Zephyr

"I am not the same woman you saw upon our last meeting, Krigare," She speaks suddenly, avoiding his previous words, inhaling deeply to keep the tears at bay. A flicker of her eyes, and the pupils dilate, the world around her so enhanced, so perfectly clear. "Much has changed..." She looks up to him now, then moves herself closer to his broad physique, showing him that she could see where he was. 

Would he believe her story? The torture that went on in Carnage's lair lingered constantly in the back of her mind, clear as the world around her. The nightmares so vivid, she could see herself crashing into that pointed rod, impaling her heart so she could save her lover's. 

"I've been to hell and back for you, Krigare..." It wasn't said to guilt him, it was a simply put statement that reigned truer than ever. She had literally gone to hell and back, and she had those hauntingly beautiful scars to prove it. She turns her head now, revealing the Devil's brand around her eye; her orbs are closed, and she pauses briefly so he can soak it in. "If I told you my sacrifices, would it be enough for you to stay?"

@[Krigare]

P.S. she still loves her Krigare, she's just really messed up xD
    "Would it be enough for you to stay?"

Her words cut deeper than a knife, her tone throwing salt into the open wound. She was broken, her body and mind pushed to the brink by unknown forces. His ears flatten in that hurt kind of way, eyes stony and fixed upon her.

"You could tell me nothing and I would stay. I'm not leaving unless you want me to."

He whispers, voice thick with longing and an underlying fear that she would send him away. What would he do if she did? Return to his life? Leave tephra once more?  He watches her with those emotionless green eyes, his strong neck sloped where he had curved it to look at her head on. The curling mark around her eye meant nothing to him, the scars on her alabaster bodice became scars he would love if she let him. 

"I just want to see tomorrow with you if you'll let me Zephyr. Even if that's all you will let me have with you...grant me that. A tomorrow."

He speaks, choking back the scream brewing in his lungs. Whatever she said next would be it. She could let him stay and have all of him forever, or she could crush him... and he would let her. He need not know what happened to her in their time apart, whatever it was would show now. If she had gone through hell and back for him could she give him up so easily?

Zephyr

He would not want her after she tells him - this she knows to be so very true. The emptiness in her abdomen burns like it had the moment Carnage had taken her uterus from her. It is hot and searing, and she winces slightly. She turns her back on him, takes a deep breath. 

"You will leave," She murmurs, almost inaudibly. "Carnage took my ability to have your children. It is gone, Krigare. And how could you stay with someone who can't give you what you've desired?" The admission tears through her heart, and she can almost hear the god's evil laughter in her ears. She closes her now-seeing eyes, plunging herself into the darkness she had known so well until now, and begins to cry. The first time she had cried since His lair, the first time she had cried since she told herself she would become more than the fearful woman she had grown into. 

"He's changed me, Krigare." Come, and be transformed...

She tucks her head to her chest, letting the sobs roar from the pits of her throat. She isn't paying attention to her lover anymore - because before long he would be walking away. What was the point in letting it hurt more than it already did?  

@[Krigare]
    Her words scream what pain the dark god had subjected her to. He was enraged. He wanted to climb the mountain and rip into the chest of the man that had done this to her. He wanted to take every bit of what he had stolen from her, from him. It was so unfair... She had been stripped of the one thing she had wanted most with him. A child. He could see the small foal curled into its mother's side. One that would look like him.. or maybe her. He could see a life they would never have now. Only in dreams would she bare a child of his.

She is crying when he has pulled away from the hurt settling in his body, a hurt that would remain with him even if in time it would fade to a dull throb. And suddenly he no longer feels as though she needs his child. Or that they need one at all. She is here with him, a living, breathing, walking sign of what love should be like. Heartache and loss, despair and common ground.

He pulls her to him once more, no tears falling from those emerald eyes. Krigare lets her cry and soak his bay pelt with her tears.

"All I want is you, Zephyr. All I have ever wanted is you."

He speaks, allowing every emotion he has felt in the past year to be heard in that one sentence. He allows all he needs to say be spoken before he falls quiet once more in her embrace.

"If it is a child you want my love.. it is a child we shall have. There are other ways to love a boy or a girl without having them yourself..."

His voice is soft, all he wanted was to give her what she wanted. All he needed was for her to be happy.

"He may have changed you but you are here now, with me, and I will not abandon you again."

Zephyr

When she finds he has not left, she turns. He looks as handsome as ever, even though she can tell her is holding back tears. As he pulls her towards his strong, broad chest, she allows herself to heave shakily. She listens to his words, then finds herself beginning to cry even more. 

"Oh, Krigare..." She suddenly feels guilty. If only she had left when Carnage had said she could, if only she would've tried to escape. 

But you wouldn't have been able to find your way out... She remembers the eyes that once held nothing but blackness, and as she looks up to the man she loved, but was never able to see before, she knows that much of this could've been for the best. 

"But it won't be yours, Krigare. It...it won't be mine." She stops, inhales again. Was it selfish of her to think she could never love something she did not produce? "I'm sorry..." Another pause, longer this time. She tries to think of something to say. "Krigare. As long as I have you...I think I can do anything."

@[Krigare] <3