• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The sun, moon, and stars. | Zephyr
    "Would it be enough for you to stay?"

Her words cut deeper than a knife, her tone throwing salt into the open wound. She was broken, her body and mind pushed to the brink by unknown forces. His ears flatten in that hurt kind of way, eyes stony and fixed upon her.

"You could tell me nothing and I would stay. I'm not leaving unless you want me to."

He whispers, voice thick with longing and an underlying fear that she would send him away. What would he do if she did? Return to his life? Leave tephra once more?  He watches her with those emotionless green eyes, his strong neck sloped where he had curved it to look at her head on. The curling mark around her eye meant nothing to him, the scars on her alabaster bodice became scars he would love if she let him. 

"I just want to see tomorrow with you if you'll let me Zephyr. Even if that's all you will let me have with you...grant me that. A tomorrow."

He speaks, choking back the scream brewing in his lungs. Whatever she said next would be it. She could let him stay and have all of him forever, or she could crush him... and he would let her. He need not know what happened to her in their time apart, whatever it was would show now. If she had gone through hell and back for him could she give him up so easily?
    [Image: krigare_by_voltum-dbctewi.png]

Messages In This Thread
    The sun, moon, and stars. | Zephyr - by Krigare - 09-16-2017, 08:36 PM
    RE: The sun, moon, and stars. | Zephyr - by Krigare - 10-20-2017, 09:59 PM