• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  do you feel like a young god? ciri
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

With his confession comes a greater need to have Ciri in Hyaline, as if proclaiming his affections for her aloud has cemented them into his subconscious. Amet's golden eyes steady on her silver ones, both sets full to the brim with passion and worry. She can see his own uncertainty, he knows, but doesn't try to hide it -- she has always been able to see right through him, hasn't she? When she speaks though, fervid and terse, he realizes that she has it wrong.

"No," he says again, his frown enhancing, but he says nothing else until she confesses her worries. The gilded stallion reaches for her again, tucking his soft muzzle beneath her cheek and closing his bright eyes tightly. "Ciri," he whispers before pulling his head back to gaze at her with pleading eyes, "I have never been more certain of anything," he lets slip from his golden lips just as the smoky mare calls her powers of starlight to her scarred frame. Amet watches closely the twinkling aura shield she has produced and wonders if they have arrived unbidden, or if she is trying to keep herself safe from potential heartbreak.

He nickers quietly and shakes his scaled head to answer the breathy, frustrated inquiry she'd placed upon him. "Tang is very important to me," he says quietly but with the intention of giving her his entire truth and hoping that she will understand, "She was my first friend. She helped me to forgive myself, and to forgive my sister. There was a time that I was a two-year-old colt who had just gotten himself into the immense task of leading a territory and I fantasized that it would convince her that I was worthy of being loved, but Ciri..."

He pauses for just a moment to consider the best way to word everything that he wants to tell her. "That was a child's fantasy. Tang is only a friend now, but a close one. I'm okay with watching her leave to Tephra every autumn to live with Warrick and their children. But it would break my heart to see you do the same," he ends as his throat tightens, a sheepish smile finding its way across his mouth to hide the quiver of his lips.

"The only thing I am unsure of," he whispers in frustration, "is my ability to treat you the way you deserve, akmar. This is all new to me. And despite my charm," he finds his smirk again, my awkwardly adorable Amet, "I have no idea what I'm doing."
    Amet

@[Ciri] ♥ ♥ ♥

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Amet - 09-18-2017, 08:42 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Ciri - 09-18-2017, 10:55 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Amet - 09-22-2017, 09:24 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Ciri - 09-23-2017, 11:59 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Amet - 09-24-2017, 02:44 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Ciri - 09-28-2017, 12:15 AM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Amet - 09-29-2017, 07:51 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Ciri - 10-01-2017, 11:36 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? ciri - by Amet - 10-07-2017, 03:52 PM