• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Almost Didn't Recognize You (Jinju)
    Aten didn't really hear the filly's first few questions, the gears in his brain having ground to a stop. Even while the filly - Jinju - steps forward toward him, her ruby eyes bright with curiosity, he couldn't really process anything. Not only, if this was really her, was she standing in front of him, alive and in good health it seemed after Taiga's destruction, but she was no longer a finely built and beautiful mare.

Now... she was a filly... and what in the hell had happened? Aten knew she was one of the gifted but she had to have had some extremely powerful spell that did this to her. Or was there some other gift she possessed that Aten had no idea about, that she hadn't informed him of, and that was why he was now facing a younger self of Jinju?

Aten racked his brain to get it working again, and by the time that worked out, the filly was asking for who he was and making a joke that she should know since Aten himself seemed to know her. The golden stallion wanted to blurt out that he did know her, that he knew her as a grown mare, he really did. But given she was now a filly, would she even understand him? More importantly, would she believe him?

Aten faked a cheerful smile, knowing that a young foal such as this filly couldn't see past it; only those who personally knew him had been able to, like Ruan, and Jinju when she'd been a mare. He lowered his head again to look into the filly's eyes, "I suppose that is fair," he tells her gently, "My name is Aten. I heard about you when I met your father."

Whether the stallion, if it was one, watching over her now was Ruan, or, dare he say it, Terran, since he was the sire of the colt she'd born shortly before Taiga's destruction, he did technically know both of them, so it'd work out either way. Even if she asked too, he just wouldn't give away too many details. She didn't need to know anything, not while she was still this young.

Messages In This Thread
    I Almost Didn't Recognize You (Jinju) - by Aten - 09-20-2017, 10:11 PM
    RE: I Almost Didn't Recognize You (Jinju) - by Aten - 10-25-2017, 01:18 AM