• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Almost Didn't Recognize You (Jinju)

Though there isn’t anything threatening about the golden stallion – instinctively she knowns he is alright – he does scare her. He’s strangely silent and stares at her like he had seen a ghost. First, she had just brushed it off, but it doesn’t stop. Jinju takes a step back again, as a child she doesn’t know how to deal with the situation. ”Everything okay?”

Then he breaks free from his thoughts, as if he was coming back to the here and now. Whatever had worked on her nerves before, vanish as shadow for the sun the moment he smiles. Jinju relaxes a little again, his smile meeting one of her own. She’s just not able to notice that the smile doesn’t reach his eyes.

Not even when he lowers his head so he meets her eyelevel. Her ruby eyes twinkling in delight. The first part of his answer is enough for her to step closer, but what follows holds her frozen. Almost like she lost the control over her own body. Her father? She didn’t know who her father was, how come that he knew? And he had said he knew her too. ”My.. my father?” she repeats with a shaky voice, looking at Aten with shocked red orbs.

Soon she starts to tremble, shaking uncontrollable as she stumbles back. How could he knew who her father was? Jinju didn’t know her parents herself. All she knew was Terran and Ander, who were like a father and brother to her, but from which she knew they weren’t. Neither does she know what drives them, but they seemed to genuinely care for her. ”Who.. who is my father?” by the time she manages speaking, tears are welling up in her eyes.

Jinju doesn’t know if she’s pleading him to continue speaking, or for him to say that he had mistaken her for another. That there were more inky black and red eyed girls out there and he had simply thought she was another. His carefully spoken words turned her life upside down in a way Jinju didn’t even knew was possible.

Jinju

“My sun is set to rise again.”

Messages In This Thread
    I Almost Didn't Recognize You (Jinju) - by Aten - 09-20-2017, 10:11 PM
    RE: I Almost Didn't Recognize You (Jinju) - by Jinju - 10-31-2017, 09:32 AM