• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Almost Didn't Recognize You (Jinju)
    Oh son of a... he said the wrong thing just now, didn't he? The filly was so eager to get to know him just now, but as soon as he said he knew her father, her personality turned a complete 180. Tears began welling in her eyes, which troubled the stallion. He was fine around foals, tolerating them better than his older brother, but when it came to offering them comfort, he didn't know what to do at all. He knew stallions were just as capable, but considering he'd been on his own for a long time after the Reckoning, even under Sirana's care, he just didn't know how to handle a troubled foal.

According to Sirana, during the limited time he spent with her, he was an easy-to-manage foal, not bothered by most issues and hardly ever crying for whatever reason that arose. He just seemed to understand what was going on, and knew how to handle it. So Sirana apparently never had a reason to comfort him, other than when she said goodnight and gave him the comforting nuzzle he so adored when he was young.

Would that perhaps help the filly calm down? If he showed her the same comfort Sirana showed him? He thought about stepping forward to allow his presence to reassure her, but decided against it for the time being, considering it was his fault that she was breaking down like this in the first place.

He stumbled over his own thoughts, not sure what was safe right now. Could any words regarding the truth damage her more than what had already been done? Or could it perhaps help her in some fashion? If this 'gift' she had turned her back into a filly, considering she didn't have memories of Ruan, would she all of a sudden get them back if she mentioned the roan's name?

The golden stallion had to tread even more carefully right now. He put on a calm facade to try and keep Jinju relaxed while he spoke to her, "Yes, young one. I... I knew your father, to speak. I have not seen him in a very long time... his... his name was Ruan. He loved you, very, very much. I was proud to have him as a friend. I am not sure where he went, or what has happened to him. But, I know that whoever is looking after you now, I am sure he takes good care of you, does he not?" he questioned, wanting to see what she had to say about how her life had been since Taiga's destruction.

Messages In This Thread
    I Almost Didn't Recognize You (Jinju) - by Aten - 09-20-2017, 10:11 PM
    RE: I Almost Didn't Recognize You (Jinju) - by Aten - 11-01-2017, 09:29 PM