• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Almost Didn't Recognize You (Jinju)

An attempt to offer comfort through a hug or touch by a stranger wouldn’t be much comforting. Though she knows Aten is familiar in one way or another, he is still very much a stranger at the same time and his words kind of upset her. Confuse her too, as he seems to know so much  more than she does and Jinju is simply not able to wrap her mind around it.

The longer he stays silent, the more the urge to flee rises. She doesn’t know how to deal with the situation at hand and the silence isn’t helping much. Jinju wants to find Ander, or Terran, to press herself up at their sides. To have them comfort her, tell her it’s okay. Yet, at the same time, she does want to hear what Aten has to say.

So when he finally continues speaking, her attention is focussed on his words. The distance between them now larger than before, but she’s still standing close enough to hear. He speaks about a male, Ruan, of which she hadn’t heard before. Aten tells her this Ruan loves her very much, but he hadn’t seen him a long while. Then how could Jinju not remember him? She’d been a baby when Ander and Terran took her under their wings, she’d never seen or heard about this Ruan. It simply didn’t make any sense.

”Then.. Then why d-did he l-leave me..?” she manages to get out, the tears now rolling down her cheeks. Why would someone who loves you, leave you all alone? Not that she wasn’t content with Ander and Terran around, but deeply down she knows she’s missing something, someone.

No. This couldn’t be true. A true father wouldn’t leave, like Terran wouldn’t leave Ander. She’s sure of it. Oh, right, Aten had asked about her current caretaker. She numbly nods, confirming his words. ”They do..” she mumbles with her hoarse voice. Crying never did any good for one’s voice.

Jinju

“My sun is set to rise again.”

Messages In This Thread
    I Almost Didn't Recognize You (Jinju) - by Aten - 09-20-2017, 10:11 PM
    RE: I Almost Didn't Recognize You (Jinju) - by Jinju - 11-07-2017, 03:38 PM