• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ALL
    Ea
    but now I'm pulling all the strings
    Here she is, once again.
    It’s a role she was born for -- Scorch had made sure of that. Her mother had had a burning fire within her, to conquer and spread her power throughout Beqanna, but Ea had never shared that fire. She was a schemer, in her early years -- in the beginning, she had only meant to use Ramiel to take over the Dale, but instead she fell in love with him. He and their family had made her softer, but not weaker.

She knows Ischia better than anything else; knows every tree, every spring, every chattering parrot. She’s walked to this very place countless times before -- the large, middle-most spring next to a small opening in the forest. The parrots’ hums subside a bit here, allowing a little more conversation than within the thick forest. Ea lets out a call for whoever is left on the island: it is time for introductions.

“Hello all,” the silver queen says as they gather before her. “I’m Ea, for those who don’t know me. Kerberos has stepped aside as he goes to look for his family and has left me in charge, since I have been with Ischia since the beginning. Please feel free to introduce yourselves, and I am interested to hear anything you’d like to say.” She not particularly warm -- more rigid and mechanical in her way of speaking -- but open, always willing to listen to those brave enough to speak up.

kylin
    html code by Toli, design idea based on "Dovev" by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom.
    Never had she expected that she and Kharon wouldn’t be always together – forever. Even less had she expected her family to completely leave. Kylin barely didn’t know any better than that Ischia was their own paradise, a safe place without politics and drama to call home. Ischia was still there, and just as beautiful as ever, but her family no longer resided on the isle. Not only Kharon had left Kylin, but also Mother, Kali and uncle Reilly had disappeared on her.

Which youngster wouldn’t take that to heart? Kylin had been especially spoiled in the whole family thing and it had her pretty upset. There had been a time that she chosen to separate herself from them, but she had always come back. Yet she couldn’t get herself to leave Ischia. Yes, she wanted to go to Sylva to find Ivar, but what if she would miss one of the others return?

That she’s still around, makes her quick to appear after Ea’s call. She curiously studies the former queen – scratch that, ex-former-queen now queen again – not really having met her before. She’d met Allure, but after that first meeting she hadn’t seen her again. But honestly, that’s not what is on Kylin’s mind right now. Father, too, had left. ”D-dad is gone too?” she asks, unable to stop the almost blunt words coming from her mouth.

Pleading hazel eyes look up at the silver bay mare as she nervously flutters her wing like fins at her sides. She didn’t even realise that she hadn’t introduced herself, like Ea had asked of them, but could you really blame her for that?