• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  All I Want [Aurora]
    Diable Rouge
    >
    And there she was, reflecting so brightly the warmth that she installs...

The invitation he had extended to her was less a recruitment and more of a genuine want for her to join him...he could not let her slip away. The journey did not take long, a day at the most. Side by side the pair trotted along, his eyes hardly ever wandering away from her face. He could see the glimmer of worry in her eye, but he decided not to ask - maybe it would be best to let her tell him in her own time. 

They crossed the body of water bordering Tephra just as the sun loomed over the horizon, casting a warm glow around the effervescent volcano in the distance. The spring air was particularly hot, not that Diable Rouge particularly cared anyways - he had grown used to the constant warmth and humidity, and honestly, he felt a little lost without it. He shook the water from his pelt, and turned his crown to gaze at his companion. 

"Welcome to Tephra, Aurora," He smiles, flicking the remaining droplets from his tail. He hoped she would enjoy this place, and maybe come to find it home as well. All in time, he supposed. His two-toned orbs looked back to the volcano, and he let out a gentle sigh. A reminder of what he has lost - constantly looming overhead. His eyes cast downwards for a moment, mind wandering to his son as it so often did. He hoped with all his heart that he could make him proud...and maybe Aurora was a start to that.  

...And there she was, we were infinite for a moment. 
    in the eye of a hurricane, there is quiet.

@[AuroraElis] <3

Again she left the shelter of the Forest.  Accompanied by the rust stallion she allowed him to lead the way.  Her emerald gown shifted as she walked along side him.  The journey was not long and is rather familiar.  She has made this trip before, and even though they don't speak she doesn't feel alone...

Reaching the rivers bank, she does as she had the first time she crossed it.  Raising her wings as high on her back as she could.  The wispy ends of the gown floated gently beside her as she crossed.  It was deeper than it had been before.  The run off of melted snow rising it.  Soon she reached the other side and once on dry land she bid her feather to fall again.  Covering the scars that lined the bones of her petite frame.

Welcome, he says.  She smiles kindly, looks into his two toned eyes. She had not received a welcome as she stood along the banks previously.  The interaction was anything but welcoming.  As the red eyed stallion crossed her mind there was a slight worried crease in her delicate features. Her tone did not reflect it though, "Thank you Rou.  It sure is lovely here." Her gaze casted out across the land and to the horizon.  She remembers skirting around the base of the Volcano with the red bay stallion, towards the beaches on the other side.  As the sun had set on that day she said farewell to Nymphetamine and left.  She felt bad for the way she left things.  Perhaps time was all they needed... 

AuroraElis

Not all that Glitters is Gold

Diable Rouge
    >

The southern edge of Tephra is where he has always been content to stay, ever since he had first arrived on the land. He only wandered towards the base of the volcano because of Tangerine and her children - it is where they would bide their time, as was the case with most other residents. Sometimes (especially when he gazed up at the distant mountain), he wished he had just kept them pushed off from the rest of the herd, maybe then the disaster that had occurred wouldn't have happened. 

No...it wouldn't have been fair to them. He reminds himself. And it wouldn't have. To keep Solace and Svedka away from the other children, away from their father and away from any familiarity. Just because Rou was antisocial didn't mean others had to be too - what happened was no ones fault, and nothing could've changed it. It was simply an accident. 

Or that's what he tried to convince himself. 

Diable Rouge turned his head to look at the gowned mare, whose eyes continued to glimmer with worry. His chest tightened at the things that could be wrong with Tephra - too hot, too busy, too this and too that. "I do hope it's to your liking." He admits, trying his best to give her a warm smile. One thing he didn't want was to be alone anymore... 

@[AuroraElis]

Content to be wherever he wanted to be she simply followed.  She had no needs to be anywhere but here in this moment.  She hears the concern in his voice, that something was off.  With a shake, her milky tresses tossed then rested almost perfectly against her carmel hide.  An attempt to rid her mind of the past.  She settles and so does her golden flecked gaze upon his face.  Noting the scar across his left eye, the way it doesn't shift as the other does.  She smiles though, she too having scars she knows what can be the cause.  "It is actually," she giggles, as if anyone would say it wasn't.  The land was breathtaking in more ways than one.  "I've been here before... Not too long ago actually," an uncertain chuckle escapes her.  "I wasn't very well received, so I left shortly after.  But not before another, Nymph, showed me around a little," her eyes cast downwards. "I couldn't stay someplace I felt unwanted... I'm not sure I even caught his name," she thinks for a moment before a slight toss of her head. "He was large...black... And had the strangest eyes...the color of fire," she looks back at Rou.  Maybe he knew who she spoke of...

AuroraElis

Diable Rouge
    >
    The rusty stallion is quiet as she speaks, his gaze shifting from her eyes, to her creamy mane, to the peacock gown that covered much of her caramel body, then back again. He has seen many mares in his life, but none of them could quite compare to the beauty that stands before him - and she is completely unaware of it.

A sigh escapes his lips; relief, that she was content here, that it was suitable for her. His brows furrow as she mentions not being "well received" her first time in Tephra. "Well I don't see how anyone could dislike you." A subtle grin stretches across his lips. She is well-likable and it seems odd that anyone wouldn't. 

"...He was large...black...and he had the strangest eyes...the color of fire." The description of the leader is hard to miss. 

"Offspring. Our leader." Diable Rouge mutters, eyes casting downwards. The leader he had never met, but who he knew was well-aware of the happenings of his kingdom. His fiery orbs always making sure his lands were safe and secure. It just had to be Offspring that disliked her. He shrugs the uneasy feeling from his shoulders and gives a reassuring smile. "If it makes you feel better...I want you here, Aurora."   

@[AuroraElis]

Spring was taking it's hold over the lands.  The foilage here seems to not wither away as it does in the common lands but the turn of weather brings bigger and brighter scenery.  The grasses reach for the sunny skies as flowers begin to bloom once again.  The heart of the kingdom even seems to be more alive.  Heated streams of molted rock flow along depressions in the ground.  She remembers leaping over one such stream on her tour of the lands.  Just before they, Nymph and her, settled on the beaches to take in the display of sunset on the horizon...

She smiles as she had that evening in memory.  It was one of her better ones.  As her mind drifted for a moment in thought she caught the tail end of Rous statement.  Apparently it was easy to dislike her, as so many have.  

Then she catches the name as carmel ears swivel in the tangles of her cream-colored mane.  Offspring, she remembers Nymph coming to her rescue that day.  Right after he had threatened to sloth her hide off.  Her brow furrows as she looks to the rusted stallion, "Perhaps it was just a bad day." She smiles again as her muzzle reaches out to touch his shoulder.  "I am happy that you are happy I am here," she whispers into his flesh.  Her cream dipped lips following the angle of the bone beneath it... 

AuroraElis

Diable Rouge
    >

It's like I feel too much, but I can't find my heart...

Her touch illuminates the muscles beneath his skin, and he quivers slightly. Years had passed since he had received a gentle touch, heard a reassuring voice from another. The numerous scars painted upon his body proved that most of the time, other horses seemed more hungry for a fight. He shifts his head slightly to reach over her withers, resting upon them. Her creamy tresses blow softly in the wind, lightly brushing against his face. He allows himself to close his eyes, only for a moment.

"You're one of a kind, Aurora."  Her name seems to slip effortlessly from his lips, and he sounds out every syllable slowly. The sound of her name hangs in the air, and he feels comforted by it. He moves his head from over her shoulders and traces the length of her neck with his lips. A sigh, and the chaser makes himself pull away from her. 

Awkwardly, Diable Rouge stands back, gazing at the golden beauty in front of him longingly. A feeling deep in his bones tells him to move closer, to caress her body with his, to make it known how deeply he wants her presence. But he isolates his feelings, locks them away where he knows she cannot find them, in the deep confines of his mind. Would he ever be able to open up to her, show her his deepest feelings? Was he even capable of it? His orbs shift downwards...could anyone ever truly love him?

...It's like I think too much, and then I fall apart.   

His immediate responds to her  touch is reassuring.  Standing quietly she bares the weight of his head on her back.  Cream-laced lips finishing their trace along his bone.  Scars riddling his body are more noticeable here.  She studies each one before he is retreating.  Forcing himself away from her advancement as others have done.  His eyes looking to her for a moment before they are casted away.  She can tell he is troubled. Conflicted.  She is concerned though.  Her lips pressed into a thin line as her own eyes shy from him.  

They are broken.

Determination overcomes her as her thoughts venture from each place she walked alone.  Each meeting she's left or been left.  Until her thoughts reach her last encounter, their last.  The kind words he fed her and the promise of a new start.  It starts now, she thinks to herself before her words spew from her lips. "Someone once told me I didn't have to be alone, Rou.  You remember that.  I came here with you cause I believed those words..." She paused, returning her golden flecked eyes to his face.  Stepping towards him, just one stride,  "Don't let me be alone Rou.  Not now.  Not when I've come this far to not be." Her words are soft, almost pleading.  Waiting for his eyes to come back to her.  If they didn't she was made out to be a fool.  To believe in his words when he himself did not. 

AuroraElis

@[Diable Rouge]
    Diable Rouge
    >

Cryptic thoughts litter his mind and bounce in his head as the caramel mare speaks her peace. He sighs - a hypocrite, was that what he was? So often he gave advice, but when it came to taking it...he seemed to inevitably fail. 

"Don't let me be alone, Rou. Not when I've come this far." Her words bring his gaze upwards again, staring as her navy eyes stay ever-trained on him as she steps slightly forward. He is breathless for a moment - it feels as though he has never seen beauty till this night. He cannot allow his past to determine his future and he wouldn't allow Aurora to leave, broken down by yet another equine.

No, Diable Rouge wouldn't do that to her again...he couldn't.

Inside him, the fear is bubbling at the surface, the fear of the unknown. He approaches her, gently placing his maw near her ear. He lips at it playfully for a moment, before the words straining his heart pour from his lips. 

"You won't be alone again, Aurora," Low and velvety into her ear. He allows himself to delicately outline the curvature of her neck, to feel the strong muscles beneath despite her petite frame. He finds his way to the gown of feathers, which he lifts tenderly to reveal the scars covering her rib cage; he brushes his lips against them lightly. He wonders where they came from, what mysteries they hold. Every scar tells a story, and he intended to know each of them. He releases the peacock gown and sidles up to her, barrel to barrel. "Will you have me?" He asks, crown rotating to looking down at her. His eyes, burning into hers, wanting her for all she is and all she will be. 

He hopes she feels the same. 

@[AuroraElis]

OOC: ROU HAS ALL THE FEELS FOR AURORA xD

There was only a moment of pause before his eyes lifted to meet hers.  The breath that she had held released to the atmosphere.  The beating of her heart restored.  Relieved she wasn't being turned away yet again, she smiled.  

They haven't known each other long, or spent much time together but when something feels right you fight for it.  She was no stranger to harboring a bit of fight in her.  It could have possibly caused the tension of her first encounter with Tephra.  Though the bad attitude of the dark stallion didn't help matters.  She was hard headed and when she wanted something she went all hooves in.  

The truth in her words brought a realization to his eyes.  He understood full well what she had said and why.  Recoiling his later action of moving away, he meets her halfway.  His lips reaching towards her poll.  She doesn't shy away but instead tilts her head slightly in his direction.  Accepting his token of affection.  A promise whispered into her ear that she would not be alone again.  It brings a gentled smile to her pressed lips.

As his lips begin to trail down the length of her neck, she arches it as custom of her breeding.  Tucking her cream laced muzzle to her breast.  They don't stop there.  Soon they are attracted to her gown of bright plumage and the secrets they conceal.  She shifts her weight from one hip to the other.  Cream tassels tossed to the far side.  Not many have heard her secrets or touched her scars.  She allowed him to look. To touch.  But as he released the feathers to fall in place, she breathed a sigh of relief.  It never got easier.  To allow the most vulnerable part of her to be exposed to others.  It was trust and trust was earned.

Will you have me? He questions as he aligns with her body.  She often felt towered by others but never inferior.  The rust stallion eyes her, waiting for an answer.  She tosses the thought around before stating, "In whatever capacity you allow me to, Rou."  Ultimately it would be a test of faith to wether they succeed or fail.  But she was willing to try.

AuroraElis

Ooc: Hope this works and is what you meant but I wanted to get it up even though I didn't hear back cuz I'm impatient XD. Plus I'm getting tired so if it makes no sense I'm sry it's rambley Wink

@[Diable Rouge]. <333