• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Midnights and memories [Chem]

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

He had been rough, he had been forceful, an inconsiderate ass. I didn’t care that he hadn’t meant to leave. I didn’t care because all I wanted was an apology. A legitimate apology, not some shouted excuse. Maybe that was unfair… I know I had been harsh on him--but I had a right to, didn’t I? Well, he had gotten pushy, biting hard and fast. Lost in himself, his anger, and I think his own disappointment in himself, though I didn’t know for sure. He wanted to bury those feeling in me, in all meanings of the phrase.  Ugh. It had been quite the heated moment, emotions were extremely high, years of buried hurt, loss, loneliness, regret all unleashed. And had he not seemed so angry that meeting might have ended differently. But his over-eager bites that tried to pull me closer only made me to panic and venomously pull and kick until I was away. I will never the forget the way my face contorted into a mix of fear and disgust. No, he hadn’t forced himself, but in the moment I hadn’t wanted to wait and figure out to what extent he was pulling on me. I hadn’t been able to speak, I had fled to Nerine, in hopes of shelter and protection. I had secluded myself there, watching the seasons change and building the cage back around my heart.  

But a heart as full as mine was not easy to cage, and as time allowed clarity and perspective my heart grew ever restless of its seclusion. There was something about that teal eyes mongrel that my heart wasn’t done with. I couldn’t deny it no matter how I wished it, denied it. Oh, how I wanted to ignore that piece of my soul that called me away from my self-imposed seclusion. It was safe within my little corner of Nerine, no one could hurt me the way he did, as no one really knew I was here, there were no relationships...no one could hurt me here. It wasn’t really living though, was it? Sure I was alive, but it wasn’t a life. I could do more, be more. If I was just willing to face the truth in that corner of my heart. It may never be the fairy tale of my childhood again, but I would face him-- without judgment this time.

I left nerine and traveled the days through territories vastly different from the sea salted lands I knew so well these past months. Soon the oak and pine trees of the forest loomed overhead and I entered one of the few places that remained the same after Beqanna shook and created a new world for all her inhabitants. I had met Chem within the dark shadowy paths of these trees; never the wiser of his ulterior motives, never the wiser of what the future held. He had been everything I ever needed. I entered there, knowing that as all things Chem related, they would find each other. The forest seemed like just as good a place to look first. I didn’t want to go to the meadow,  I needed fresh environment for a fresh start, and the forest called to me.  I didn’t expect some perfect storybook reunion, I wasn’t young and naive anymore. We had history complicated messy history and I knew better now. Chem may never be the one, no matter how much my heart wished it. He was his own being he may never be able to give me what I needed. Maybe I would want it, after all this, I just needed clarity, or closure, or both.

Twigs snapped under my dark hooves and leaves crunched as I picked my way through the trees deeper into the woods. The land rose and fell as I trekked deeper into the pines the afternoon light cascaded a flickering dancing cluster of shadows onto the ground before me, While I didn’t see him yet something told me he was near. Like a moth to a flame, we always seemed to find each other...even if we were hazardous to the other.  

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

ooc: @[Prism] I tried to blend where we left off withthe last meadow thread. It had been so long it didn't make sense to continue it. if you want me to edit anything let me know. Smile

Out of pure darkness he slithers as he’s done hundreds of times before. The constellations of speckles, the nebulas of his white patches, they fade and reappear when the light touches him. He saw her break through the border from across the canal – she came from Nerine, he concludes. He is not dainty enough to traipse close to her, even if she cannot see him; she’d surely smell his musk, she’d hear him for sure. He stays off for a while, just watching her while she does whatever she does, he hopes she’s daydreaming of him... Not likely, he reminds himself. She did flee from him the last they interacted… he got a bit, er, ‘handsy’; he also reminds himself of this.

He’s not one to wallow in the disappointment of his bad choices. Bad choices are some of the best fruits in life, right?

Well, girls don’t seem to love it.
    But. Fuck them, right?

He sees his chance to peel from the umbrage and sneak up behind her, sliding his shoulder up her side. His muzzle hesitates to reach for her, almost like it’s leashed, but soon it breaks the resistance and he reaches to bumps his lips against hers ever so tenderly. He stands tense, neck craned and his posture ready for the recoil from a blow. She’s always fought her affection for him, he knows it, but he also knows it's in there somewhere... When he had taken her, when he had tricked her out here in this very forest, she had not let go of him from then on. He knew this tether held them together, that is why he can always find her.

c h e m d o g

in absentia luci, tenebrae vincunt

i mean shit
    better late then never, eh? lol
    Big GrinDD

<33 @[Vessel]

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

He was here, I knew he was. We always found each other. Maybe he was a crazy stalker, or maybe it was Beqanna magic, but whatever it was we always were able to know when the other needed the other. Yeah, I know-- I just potentially said I am willingly allowing myself to be in a potential stalker situation, probably more telling of my state of mind than anything else. I had no friends or family to alert me to my manic state. My supposed father had been missing for ages, my mother and brother gone for so many years that I don’t even think I remember the details of their faces; I had no real friends to chime in either. So I stood aware that Chem had to be near and that something surely had to be wrong with me to put myself in this situation, again, yet not caring.

A snap of a twig and a stirring of some low branches brought his arrival to my small clearing to my attention, but a scan of the area brought no image of the black and white stallion that haunted me so. It seems that each of us had some new gift. I was aware of mine but hadn’t used it yet, but it seemed Chem had. As I waited I heard him, smelled him even, but still couldn’t see him. He had some sort of invisibility or camouflage. I stayed still, waiting, for him to come out from his hiding. Another snap of a twig and the crunch of the forest floor beneath him told me he was in front of me ”Chem we both know you are about as stealthy as a bore. Why don’t you show yourself? Afraid I’ll give you another lashing? I’m sure you’re more than deserving is some form.” A laugh broke through my words, shattered my sentence into thousands of pieces that fade away as the sounds dissipated into the air. And just like that, he appeared by my shoulder, coy as ever. As if he knew I would come, the bastard.

I had the upper hand I knew I had this gift, untested as if was, and I felt no reason to not try it on Chem… he owed me this much. Chem stood tense but reached out just the same. His lips tenderly against my own, I let him linger there until I nipped at him...what can I say I held grudges like my mother. It was stupid to deny that we had chemistry… that there was something still here between us, unspoken and completely dysfunctional. I didn’t think we could ever be what the other needed. Chem couldn’t deny his need to...wander, and I couldn't ever be fully committed to someone who wasn’t to me. That was until now, which is why I sought him out.

I let him stay close. My heart aching slightly, resisting letting down walls that have kept me strong )and alone) for so long. But I thought I had the key now, the key that would make it work. Only time would tell. ”Still cheeky as ever, I see” I say, not willing to admit I missed him, that he felt like home. It brought sadness to my eyes because the things I knew made it hard to be happy with him. He was who he was, I didn’t know it then-- all those years ago, but I do now... He would never be a settle down type. I smelled Sreva on him. It irked me… she had never seemed to bring anything to the table but he had been with her. Maybe it was the nonchalant attitude that made him seek her. Whatever it was this train of thought triggered the gift Beqanna had given me. Without Chem knowing I was able to sense what Chem wanted...needed in a romantic sense. I gleaned the details, every little aspect he wanted I knew, and with a flourish, I became that. My image changed, coat color, markings, everything exactly into his perfect mare, I sensed his wants in personality and I was able to use that to entrance him… if I wished. ”Come with me. I need you, as I have always needed you.”, I cooed to him. To Chem, I was everything he ever wanted… how could he say no… and as his whims changed I could change… He had no need to Sreva or any other now. We could work now--- we had to.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

ooc: I'll let you fill in what chem sees ;P