• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Isn't it lovely? | Canaan | Private

Jah-Lilah

Your mirror won't make it any clearer.

The wind swirls around her and she knows he's there before she sees him. It climbs up her legs, tickles her stomach. It curls around her neck, finger combing her mane, it pulls her tail to dance around her plump haunches. Her feathers twirl and spin, and then a whisper in her ear.

How long has she known him? It feels like a lifetime. She knows the bend of his neck, the curve of his spine. She knows how he loves his people, knows better how he loves his family. His dark tresses cascade carelessly over his honeycomb pelt, and she swallows hard. She remembers how he ran to Wolf-of-the-Water, how he cut through that tall grass like it was nothing. She remembers how his wings were clipped, and how afraid he was that it would be forever. They had grown acquainted during the time she had helped take those broken wings and mend them. It was the very least she could do for the love of her love. Yet now, here she was, with this same male, wanting him like she wanted Circinae.

It all washed over her like rain, the stories, the emotions, the long nights. They were just two girls, camped out under the stars, talking about boys. How young and vibrant Wolf-of-the-Water was, how her eyes had lit up when she talked of him, of @[Canaan]. How badly she desired Jah-Lilah to like him, accept him. Now she sees all, eyes wide open as she stands bathed in light from the sun and from her skin. She feels the tingle down her spine that her mare felt, seeing Spirit-in-the-Sky lounging in the meadow that evening. The very same meadow, that by the hand of the Earth-Mother, had brought them together. She feels the same wonderment and excitement watching him fold his impressive wings into his body that her mare felt. She retold the story over and over of how they met, always with the same giggles and animation every. single. time. Jah-Lilah never tired of hearing it.

In turn she had told about her own love, the black unicorn, time and time again. Circinae only asked to hear the ending once. Jah-Lilah had been forever grateful for that. She is writing a new story now, spinning a new tale with a new life. He has come to her, and all of her senses are on high alert. They've been playing a coy and careful game of cat-and-mouse, but always with the security of Circinae around. Now they are alone, with only the forest to witness their meeting. His voice comes to her then, deep and resounding, breaking her trance. How long had she been standing there, stuck on stupid?

He approaches her, brushing along the side of her face. Their noses meet and they exchange breath. Upon scenting him again, she squeals and kicks out with a hind leg excitedly. She hits nothing but air, but her instincts had overpowered her for a moment, nonetheless. She was a wild, primal thing, drawn to other wild creatures like herself. She loved a wolf, and she yearns for this nomad. Her ears drop down, then perk up as she grunts and snorts softly, lipping at the side of his face. She bobs her head, moving in closer tentatively.  

Words finally come to her, and suddenly she seems calm as ever. "I'm glad. I was worried for a bit you'd be...busy." Worried? Are you being vulnerable, my firefly? Come now, you've got this, smooth like silk. "I don't want to take her from you, you know." She blurts out, tossing a half-smile his way. Her green eyes meet his and they are locked together in that moment. She breaks their concentration with a riddle for him. "I am he as you are she, as she is me and we are three together..." Her voice rings out, and she turns slowly, picking up a slow amble deeper into the woods. Her tail sways back and forth, and she beckons him to follow, to figure her out, to figure them out.

I'll be the one to let you know.

stronger than you know

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Isn't it lovely? | Canaan | Private - by Canaan - 09-26-2017, 01:24 PM
    RE: Isn't it lovely? | Canaan | Private - by Jah-Lilah - 09-27-2017, 09:53 PM
    RE: Isn't it lovely? | Canaan | Private - by Canaan - 09-29-2017, 01:59 PM
    RE: Isn't it lovely? | Canaan | Private - by Canaan - 10-04-2017, 12:46 PM