• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

two worlds collide; offspring, any
    Ea
    but now I'm pulling all the strings
    Despite Tephra being the closest kingdom to Ischia, Ea had never set foot on their land before. She knew of it, of course -- it had been the first land of the new Beqanna, formed by a group of four previous kingdom leaders and now overseen by Offspring, one of the original four. She didn’t know much about the black stallion, either, only that he had visited Ischia before and had a tense meeting with Kerberos. However, having never met Offspring, he started out on a blank slate with her. She didn’t have any reason yet to make enemies with Ischia’s closest neighboring land.

Luckily, the tide had been low during the silver mare’s crossing, so she steps onto the land wet only from the knees down, careful not to step too deeply past their borders. She had never been fond of swimming, or water in general, and her face likely showed it. She had grown more accustomed to being wet after living on an island for the past several years, though still tried to keep her trips into the water to a minimum. It is warmer here, she notices (the land does house a large volcano), but other than that it is largely similar to Ischia. Ea relaxes a bit, feeling more comfortable, and lets out a call for Offspring, or anyone else, to come greet her.

@[Offspring]

I'm an invisible monster,
    and I'm incapable of loving anybody.
    You don't know which is worse.

Scyla had been exploring. Left to her own devices it was certain that she woud eventually meet the population of Tephra and discover why her brother felt so strongly about the place. He said it was like the Subway for him. But he had ruled the Subway at some point right? Her memory was foggy and as much as she wanted to forget the chains and imprisonment that her early childhood afforded her, she couldn't. Still, the invisible monster was willing to give Tephra a chance. It's not like she would let Dahmer out of her sight again anyways. Regardless, she had been drawn to the ocean, the salty air a welcomed changed from the humidity of the interior area. The ocean breezes had called out to her, tickling the wings at her sides and urging her forward--fly fly! Like the wicked witch of the west to her monkeys.

Scyla obliged, flying through the air with a few upward sweeps of the swan-like wings she was sky born. The thermals the ocean provided made for easy flying and she mostly glided above the ocean. The ocean receded and her brown eyes quickly caught sight of a roan mare wading her way through the ocean. At first she thought her mind to be playing tricks on her, afterall, even invisible monsters know they are monsters. She widely circled and then when the horse made land and left foot prints on the sand--Scyla was satisfied that she was real enough.

The scream through the air just further confirmed her suspicions. She landed not far off from the roan, and quickly her wings folded against her sides as she trotted towards her. Her scent fills Scyla's nostrils and she smiles, almost laughingly, "Oh you are real! Are you a mermaid? Why have you come onto land...I would of thought the ocean to be far more interesting. All those shapes under the water appearing and disappearing." A babbling brook of useless information. Probably not the best ambassador to a new Queen but here we are.

@[Ea]

(Sea-Dog x Desole)
    Half Sister to Dahmer

You're looking at an absolute zero;
    I'm not the devil but I won't be your hero.
      So often, Tephra had its way of growing on those who entered volcanic island of the salty ocean breeze and the heavy humidity that made it what it was. He, himself, had not been fond of it at first – he had become accustomed to ice, to frigidity and polarizing winters and then he was thrust into a life of stifling heat and discomfort – how fitting was it that he would one day embrace the pyrokinesis he had been blessed with, while on the very island that represented everything he had thought he was not? Alas, he could no longer imagine it any other way – he belonged with the island, and it belonged with him.

He could not imagine living on an island and not liking water; half of the beauty came from the ravenous tide lapping away hungrily at the distant show, accompanied by dark, stirring clouds overhead. Even he, made of fire, enjoyed the sensation of the salty brine of the sea awash over his back, seeping into the crevices of his heavy and broad bone structure, taking away any ache that might have lingered from the night before. He might have laughed, had he known the Queen of an island loathed it so much. The irony would not be lost on him – alas, he cannot read minds, and he is grateful for it.

He has seen her long before she has come ashore. He is watchful, observant – studying the shoreline with vague curiosity, often drifting in and out of his own reverie while he monitored the hazy borderline with his sharpened sight. When her silhouette touches the horizon, his powerful legs carry him to her, through wavering stalks of grain which stroke gently at his underbelly as the sheer heat of his body singes their tips. He can hardly hide the simper tugging at the corner of his mouth - Ea. She was not the clean slate she hoped to be – he had never met her but knew plenty of her - rumors fly, after all; she and Ramiel had been .. recluse, at best.

He has never been fond of neutrality.
      Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.

By the time he has reached her, she is not alone –

Scyla, sister of Dahmer, is beside her.

He ignores most of her chatter – he is more interested to find why she has come to Tephra, and more than that, why she has come from the direction of the northern island of Ischia - a name that left a bitter and acrid taste in his mouth by a hotheated and foul tempered creature he'd rather not have anything to do with. A faint nod is given to her, but his focus is heavy and laden upon Ea, as his dark eyes settle on her own.

”Offspring. Welcome to Tephra. And to what do I owe the pleasure?”
    OFFSPRING
    another zealot with the weight of the fucking world.

@[Ea] @[Scyla]
    Ea
    but now I'm pulling all the strings
    It isn’t long after her call before she is approached by a winged graying mare. She was chatty, babbling on about mermaids and the ocean -- nothing of any interest to Ea. Beqanna was full of odd creatures, both physically and in personality, but Ea inwardly cringed around this mare nonetheless. She tries her hardest to be polite, however, flashing the mare a tight smile. “Very real, yes, but just a horse,” she says, before turning her attention to the stallion that had just joined them. She knows he is Offspring before he even introduces himself -- his larger stature and scarred body give him away. She’s sure he’s accustomed to being intimidating without trying, especially to smaller mares like herself, but Ea was a little too proud to be intimidated by anyone. Stupid, perhaps, but true nonetheless.

“Ea,” she replies smoothly, not wanting to assume that he already knew who she was, though she suspected he did -- most leaders at least had descriptions of the other leaders or those of importance. “I’ve taken over Ischia again, since Kerberos has left,” she says, pausing and looking between the two before settling back on Offspring. “I know things were tense between you two, but I wanted to meet you for myself. I try not to keep any enemies.”