• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising - azazelle

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take

Sometimes he does not stop at the border.

It has happened more frequently of late, that the scaled stallion enters the no man’s land to the east of Loess and followed the river to its mouth. Beyond, the sea stretches endlessly. The luscious greenery of Ischia is a distant blur on the horizon; from here the whole island looks barely larger than the conch at his hooves. Though he stands in the sand, he is not near the surf. It laps at the shore, heedless of his presence; Ivar is insignificant to the sea.

There have been a great many changes in the last few months, and Ivar is weary. He is the sole patrol of Loess, the single set of eyes to scour each inch of the hills. It is a wonder he has not slipped up yet, that he has not failed. He does not intend to, either, but that does not make the soft green water any less appealing. Sometime over the spring he has changed, though he cannot yet put words to the internal shift.

Physically, he is different as well. Ivar is no longer the lanky youth that had come to Loess in the fall. He is no taller, but the muscles beneath his scaled hide are no longer lean. A grown stallion now, he is broader, thick-crested and strong-backed from months spent running hills and valleys, from jumping, darting, working himself into the epitome of strength.

Here by the water that seems all the more useful, but he has no conscious reason as to why that might be. The tobiano horse has suppressed (through extreme dehydration, it seems) his stronger instincts. When Kylin had asked if the sea called to him less he had not answered, but that was not because he did not have an answer. He just had not wanted to give it, and the reason why seems all the more clear as he looks out at the water.

kelpie mimicry | dragon scales | tactile hypnosis

When Pangea had fell to the depths of the sea she had only assumed her sibling had not survived.  He had been smaller and with uncontrolled shrinking - he had yet to master - it was likely he had drowned with the lands. 

She had wandered all over their world and to no avail.  He was gone and with that a piece of her.  Maybe it was a twin thing, she didn't know.  

Today she spent as she did most days.  Scouring the seas for any sign that he was or wasn't dead.  Her wings of water gathered at her sides as she hovered over the waves.  Most often she occupied the seas between the island and the main land.  This is where Maugrim had also left her.  A longing thought that perhaps he'd return for her, but who was she kidding, no one would come for her...

A shimmer on the mainland shores catches her eye.  Casting her gaze to the weathered beaches she notices another looking out towards her.  Probably not looking at her she assumes.  She was nothing special.  Grey eyes remained on the figure, intruiged on what it was doing just standing there...

Azazelle

Will you catch me if I fall?

I V A R
    Fate has always turned in Ivar’s favor.

It happens so frequently that it must be due to some sort of purposeful interception, yet the scaled creature knows better than to question.

He’s been wanting a reason to go out to sea, and a reason has appeared. There, hovering over the water. From a distance he thinks it is Kylin, pale and graceful, and the idea of swimming with her beneath the waves has him knee-deep in the surf before he has realized he is stepping forward. He comes back to himself as the figure turns, and the sun illuminates a mare that is not the lavender and white that he had been hoping for. Still, she is not far away, and the shoreline around them is totally empty.

Raising his head, Ivar calls out over the sea, beckoning the distant flier to come in to the shore.

The water is cold against his scales, but the familiar tug and pull has his eyes half-lidded in pleasure.

Why had he ever left the sea?

This is everything he’s ever needed, and he calls again for the mare out to sea, knowing that fate had brought her here for him.

Curiousity was something she learned long ago got you in trouble.  So she kept her nose where it belonged.  Hovering over the waves she hears him call out to her.  Droplets of salt laced liquid falling and rising at her sides.  Ebony ears flicked back and forth in confusion.  What could he possibly want her for?

She thought about inching nearer but memories stopped her.  She didn't call out to him or go closer.  She was safe here.  Over the ocean... Wasn't she?

Azazelle

@[Ivar]

I V A R
    The distance between them is too great, Ivar realizes. That and the winter has covered the last vestiges of fall, weakening the autumnal strength of his nature. This is the moment, the time to make a decision.

The scaled creature does not hesitate – he disappears beneath the waves with one smooth dive.

The shore is empty then, but beneath the water Ivar moves closer, eventually emerging beneath the whitecaps not far from where the mare is hovering. There is no denying that the swimming stallion is the same one from the shore – his tobiano markings are distinctive. He is a comfortable distance away from the grulla mare. Closer, he can see that her eyes are a delightful steely grey. Almost silver, he thinks, and offers the winged mare a charming smile. This is his forte after all, pheromones and a supernaturally attractive mask to conceal the monster inside.

“Did you not want to come swimming?” Ivar asks, his warm brown eyes alight with humor. The stallion glances over the mare appreciatively, lingering on her curious wings. He’s never seen their like before, and he is intrigued. The rest of his perusal had been a clear declaration of his stallion’s interest, but there is a suggestion of something less shallow.

(or is that simply part of the façade?)

With a blink of her grey eyes he has moved from the shores.  Vanished almost.  Her sight remains trained on the spot on which he had stood... 

Watching. Waiting.

Suddenly a dark figure is emerging slowly from under the surface of the sea.  The soft ripples surrounding him merge with the ripples caused by the occasional falling of a droplet from her wings.  She hovers a step back in surprise with a shocked response, "Oh!" Her ears flicker forward at his invitation but then fall to the sides, "I don't really care for swimming, but thank you.  I better get going." 

She had always been suspicious of strangers.  Her brother had always been her protector.  Now that he was gone she felt even more vulnerable.  The thoughts of her twin sadden her expression as she begins to turn away from the handsome grinning  stallion...

Azazelle

For character development purposes I give Kahzie permission to kill my pony Azazelle.  She may now join her twin on the other side. RIP

I V A R
    She turns to leave and Ivar reaches out.

Stay. He commands, his scaled muzzle resting against her fetlock. There’s a familiar instant of emptiness to her eyes, and then she’s relaxing, fluttering down to the sea like a swan. Ivar reaches out to stroke her shoulder, tasting the sweet air of Ischia on her skin, and he murmurs wordless hypnoses into her skin.

When they sink beneath the sea, they do so together, tangled in a lover’s embrace. Azazelle is smiling, utterly blissful. The sadness of her twin is forgotten as she drowns in pleasure and the promises of a handsome man. She comes to rest on the floor of the ocean, a soft smile on her black muzzle. The water around them is red and her withers are in tatters. It seems to be his mark, Ivar muses as he floats pensively beside her. This is the third body he’s left in the ocean in less than two years; perhaps he should be more careful.

minimal grullo tobiano king of loess

rip azazelle >:]