• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

empty gold // tauber, any

Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
    By each let this be heard,
    Some do it with a bitter look,
    Some with a flattering word
    The Coward does it with a kiss

It was finally getting dark enough where Tauber wasn't completely blind and the light didn't hurt his eyes so badly. It was a strange gift he had, one that his mother said came from the father he'd likely never meet. A star-god. A dark-god. Ah, well Sylva was full of dark creatures and though Tauber should probably be afraid, it was a youthful dream that he was brave enough to stand up against them. Most of the time, the nocturnal knight simply avoided them. The twins knew better than to mess with most of the creatures here. It made no sense to Tauber that his mother should be so kind, and then surrounded them all with monsters that went a little more than bump in the night.

His sister wasn't hard to find. Teal and purple stuck out against the backdrop of green. The weather was warm, and the sun that flickered between the leaves felt warm on his golden pelt even if his eyes squinted to see. "I'm sorry Shirad! I didn't mean to..." It was a low voice that echoed out, mirroring the caution in the words spoken between them. Tauber was never sure who was listening. He watches as his sister lays out, enjoying the last embers of sun before the night takes them. "I wish the light didn't hurt my eyes." A simple reminder to them both that they needed each other.

Tauber stays standing and considers his sisters question for a moment. "You know that cave that Mother took us to, the one that just barely fit the three of us? I think that's my favorite. What's yours?" It was a good question and one that Tauber would have to consider again. "Maybe when it gets a little darker, we can find one for just the two of us. It can be our fort!"There's a small smile on his face even as he squints against the random rays of sunlight flooding the golden forest.

TAUBER
    the brave man with a sword

(Carnage x Aditi)
    Twin to Shirad

Avatar lines by Bronzehalo@deviantart.com
    Coloration by Lavender

Messages In This Thread
    empty gold // tauber, any - by Shirad - 10-01-2017, 04:39 PM
    RE: empty gold // tauber, any - by Tauber - 10-03-2017, 01:41 PM
    RE: empty gold // tauber, any - by Shirad - 10-04-2017, 07:31 PM
    RE: empty gold // tauber, any - by Kasanova - 10-06-2017, 07:13 PM
    RE: empty gold // tauber, any - by Tauber - 10-10-2017, 09:11 PM