• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

empty gold // tauber, any
    Shirad
    Shirad's least favorite time of day is now, when the light of dusk barely reaches the forest floor of Sylva. The shadows begin to darker, to creep upon the tree trunks and behind the huge boulders that lay speckled throughout their home, and the leaves shake and rustle overhead as if manipulated by the weight of some stealthy creature. Her silver eyes search the canopy briefly, her breath bated, until suddenly Tauber strolls from between the trees to halt before her.

Shirad sighs in relief and reaches her muzzle out to her buckskin brother in greeting. "You scared me," she admits quietly, in hopes that the admission will reach only his ears. She has come to learn that there are beings who call Sylva home that will jump on the word scared just for the entertainment - she feels comfortable around them only when Tauber and their mother are nearby. Flicking her short purple tail, the teal filly nickers quietly and turns her silvery eyes back to the orange forest and its shadows. "I wish I could see in the dark," she whispers woefully and then lays herself upon the leaf-covered ground, her celestial-patterned legs tangled up beneath her.

"Tauber, where's your favorite hiding place?"
    If the morning light don't steal our soul, we will walk away from empty gold.

@[Tauber] ♥ Sorry that it's semi-poop for her first post.

Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
    By each let this be heard,
    Some do it with a bitter look,
    Some with a flattering word
    The Coward does it with a kiss

It was finally getting dark enough where Tauber wasn't completely blind and the light didn't hurt his eyes so badly. It was a strange gift he had, one that his mother said came from the father he'd likely never meet. A star-god. A dark-god. Ah, well Sylva was full of dark creatures and though Tauber should probably be afraid, it was a youthful dream that he was brave enough to stand up against them. Most of the time, the nocturnal knight simply avoided them. The twins knew better than to mess with most of the creatures here. It made no sense to Tauber that his mother should be so kind, and then surrounded them all with monsters that went a little more than bump in the night.

His sister wasn't hard to find. Teal and purple stuck out against the backdrop of green. The weather was warm, and the sun that flickered between the leaves felt warm on his golden pelt even if his eyes squinted to see. "I'm sorry Shirad! I didn't mean to..." It was a low voice that echoed out, mirroring the caution in the words spoken between them. Tauber was never sure who was listening. He watches as his sister lays out, enjoying the last embers of sun before the night takes them. "I wish the light didn't hurt my eyes." A simple reminder to them both that they needed each other.

Tauber stays standing and considers his sisters question for a moment. "You know that cave that Mother took us to, the one that just barely fit the three of us? I think that's my favorite. What's yours?" It was a good question and one that Tauber would have to consider again. "Maybe when it gets a little darker, we can find one for just the two of us. It can be our fort!"There's a small smile on his face even as he squints against the random rays of sunlight flooding the golden forest.

TAUBER
    the brave man with a sword

(Carnage x Aditi)
    Twin to Shirad

Avatar lines by Bronzehalo@deviantart.com
    Coloration by Lavender
    Shirad
    Tauber's presence and easy tone relax the young filly and, despite her outward frown, she is happier with him by her side. Her twin's buckskin coat is gold beneath the canopy, helping him to blend into their surroundings - were it not for his lavender mane and tail, he could disappear effortlessly. She lips at his short mane playfully before curling herself against the ground. The fallen leaves crunch beneath her small body as she adjusts, turning her teal head back up to watch Tauber.

"It's okay," she lets trail off as a small pout tugs at the corners of her lips. "Sorry, Tauber," Shirad offers sheepishly, an apologetic nicker following swiftly after. She has adopted an odd sleep pattern, staying up half the night to spend time with Tauber and then sleeping half the day, until finally their mother coaxes her away for some time with the herd. She remains separate from them, wary, until she gets to return to her brother's side. "I wish it didn't hurt you, either. But it does mean that you have to find the best hiding spots. I don't really have a favorite yet," she ends with a shrug as her silver eyes dart away from him and to their darkening surroundings, just to be sure that they have not been joined by any of Sylva's other residents.

She turns her eyes back to Tauber excitedly at his suggestion and tosses her purple and blue forelock to the side. "Yeah! Where do you want to look first?"

@[Tauber]

Kasanova

Within the daunting shadows of his home he was allowed to explore.  Ducking thru the underbrush of the autumnal canopy.  His light silver coloring did little to shadow him.  Much like his father, only the heavy haze could mask him.  It didn't bother him any though.  He would much rather be noticed...  

Happily he trudged along.  Lengthening ebony legs drew him farther from the safety of his mother.  She always seemed to know where he was though.  Caw a call rang out through the forest.  His hazel eyes lifted to view a raven in the branches.  A snort escaped his nares as his eyes retrained on his wanderings...

Ebony traced ears rotated upon his skull as a quiet chatter filled the air.  Engrossed with curiousity the young colt meandered towards the voices.  His strong profile cocked as he found a unique looking pair of foals his age.  He grins at their topic of conversation.  Quickly chiming in as he emerged from the confines of the forest, "I know the best hiding place... Wanna see?" A charming wink tossed to the sea foam filly, head high and proud, "I'm Kasanova.  Who are you?"

You are more than just a pretty face

@[Tauber] @[Shirad]

If Tauber was to consider his mother, she would find her stranger than most. It didn't mean he didn't love her any less, afterall, she was his mother, but it almost seemed as if she was running an experiement on them. Shirad was forced into the daylight to play with the herd and interact, while Tauber was left to his own devices unless it was a particularly cloudy day and the shade of the golden forest protected his light sensitive eyes. With time he would discover it to be more of a blessing but he wished he spent more time with Aditi awake than protecting them while they slept.

He feels overly responsible for three of them and so he shifts his feet awkwardly but a crow calls overhead and Tauber lifts his head. It was then that another buckskin colt about their own age. He glances towards Shirad with a questioning look on his face. Surely she has seen him around the herd, right? How could they have missed a potential friend.

His brown eyes turn and look towards him catching the wink he tosses Shirad. "Ew, gross...that's my sister." Typical brother. "I'm Tauber and how do you know where the best hiding place is? What if you're leading us into a trap!?" Logical questions for a colt in his first summer to be asking who also lives with Gryffen as their leader. He remembers seeing him only once, but it was enough to know to steer clear of the cremello as much as possible.

TAUBER

@[Shirad]
    @[Kasanova]

(Carnage x Aditi)
    Twin to Shirad

Coloration by Lavender
    Shirad
    Shirad's question is answered, but not by Tauber. The new voice makes her jump, and though she wants to sidle next to her twin brother, the teal filly stands her ground and throws her ears back against her skull instead. Her nostrils flare to investigate the scent of the silver buckskin colt and she cocks her head slightly to the side in suspicion.

His wink is friendly enough and when Tauber is the first to respond with an exclamation of disgust, the star-marked girl is quick to laugh. "Yeah!" she remarks as her ears twist forward, "How do you know the coolest hiding places?" She had smelled his scent occasionally in the golden forest but Shirad had kept mostly to Tauber. The residents of Sylva, while intriguing, are best to be kept at a distance - her and her twin had discovered that much.

"I'm Shirad," the teal filly says begrudgingly, though her lips are still turned upwards into a grin. She turns her amethyst eyes back towards her buckskin brother and gives him a small shrug of her shoulders. "Time for an adventure!"

@[Tauber] , @[Kasanova] - sry this is poooop

Kasanova

Young as he was there was an alluring draw to the filly as she laughs at her brothers distaste.  He grins with confidence, straightening his stance to appear larger.  Puffing out his chest. The colt questions him so his eyes shift to the wild maned buckskin, "What?! You scared or somethin'?" 

He smiles that Shirad seems willing to go for an adventure. Attempting to coax her brother into the same state of mind.  Offering only a smile to her question.  Caw his eyes look up to find the black bird twisting it's position in the canopy to view the grouping of foals.  They narrow on it as it plunges from it's perch to settle on his withers.  Twisting his chiseled crown to view the creature gripping the tendrils of ebony hair.  He wasn't sure why the buzzard insisted on following him everywhere.  With a shrug of his sloped shoulder he looks back at the pair, "You coming or what?" 

Ebony limbs turn him towards the western ridgeline.  Their destination was along the furthest parts of the kingdom.  He has ventured there many times to the confines of his mothers cave... 

You are more than just a pretty face

Tauber rolls his eyes at the accusation and pins his ears against his head. Snorting, "Hell no! I'm not scared of anything!" A blatant lie but one that Tauber would stand by in this instance. He knew of the monsters that went bump in the night. Kassanova's father and mother were a few of them. Perhaps if Tauber was aware that his own father was Carnage, the Dark God, then he would not be as wary of the monsters that lived here.

He glanced towards Shirad...she was the braver of the two. He shifted his weight and watched her as this other buckskin colt looked towards the raven that followed them. At Kasanova's final prodding, Tauber squeals in defiance. "Yeah, yeah I'm coming." And begrudgingly he trotted towards him. The fading light lent itself to him being able to see better than he would otherwise and Tauber felt his own confidence soar.

Trotting past Kasanova, he called out, "Maybe worry less about that crow and more about wherever you're taking us." Feeling as if he was ribbed perhaps too much, he was adamant to be an explorer now. He glances towards Shirad with a smirk, "Lets go slow pokes!" Before heading off in a westerly direction.

TAUBER

@[Shirad]
    @[Kasanova]

(Carnage x Aditi)
    Twin to Shirad

Coloration by Lavender