• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm not a girl. i'm a storm with skin . ivar - any
    Wait for it...
    Celest watches her mother from her place below the ferns. They were both tucked away in their hiding places, safe little nests, where Tang had planned on them sleeping away the morning - if not longer.
    But the little teal filly had other plans.

When her mother finally drifts off to sleep Celest rises with care. She travels in a straight line, slow and creeping like a forest creature at first, then boldly and sure-footed and she put distance between them. She had spent nearly her entire life in the shadows and mists of the river, the shadow of her mother, and today she wanted to cast her own shadow. If she ran straight for long enough surely she would find something new.

And she does. Soon, Celest reaches the cusp of the forest and from the shelter of the trees she looks out across the delightfully barren rolling hills. The openness of the land before her was exhilarating compared to the confines of ancient oaks and a scattering of goosebumps rise across her seafoam colored skin.  

Her first small victory. She has made her first truly independent act and she is ready to burst with excitement. So, with a buck and a toss of her little dished face, she is tearing down the nearest hill under the open blue sky.
    [Image: CELESTnametag.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i'm not a girl. i'm a storm with skin . ivar - any - by Celest - 10-02-2017, 02:47 PM