• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm not a girl. i'm a storm with skin . ivar - any
    She storms down the nearest hill feeling like thunder. Her little hooves leave deep crescent marks in the soil as she reaches the valley. But the seafoam girl does not slow, and her momentum carries her up the next hill and farther into the unfamiliar kingdom. As she reaches the top on this next hill her heart is beating faster but she has yet to break a sweat. But here she halts - she has to. 

He pulls up in front of her and she slides to a halt, sending little rocks and a cloud of dust flying towards his perfect white legs. Like a knight, he stands before her, beautiful and proud like the champion of one of her mother's stories. He lowers his face close to hers and curiosity flashes in her deep amethyst eyes. This one, he is no hero, he is an antihero - she knows him. She has seen his face before, though he had looked older then. So far in her life she had only seen a handful of faces between dreams and waking, she wasn't about to forget one of them. 

The shock probably shows on her dished face, the strangeness of seeing someone so perfectly represent in a dream and then seeing them in the flesh later.  But she decides to keep this for her self, for now, she was so focused on this stranger (the second stranger she has ever meet!) that the details of what had seemed like just another dream are a little fuzzy anyway. And he had asked her a question. 

"I'm not lost!" She responds louder than necessary, slightly insulted. "I'm just exploring. I'm tired of the river. What are you doing here?" She questions him with genuine curiosity and not a hint of sarcasm. The whole concept of horses with real homes and kingdoms has yet to be properly introduced to her.
    [Image: celest_by_cowgirlconrad-dcolc1l.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm not a girl. i'm a storm with skin . ivar - any - by Celest - 10-08-2017, 09:55 AM