• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

L i g h t || Any
    Spring in Beqanna has come and gone, the once peacefully warm days abandoned for sweltering heat. Solana (like many others) years for the apologetic winds of the autumn, the earth's pat on the back for those who make it through the summer. She has made it through two in beqanna, and two in her unnamed homelands. Despite the lands heat, and flip-flop weather she enjoyed it here. No one ever seemed in a rush to go anywhere, or in any rush to leave the place. She herself had been in no particular hurry to leave the meadow. For two years she had been contempt in the rolling hills of the meadows safe space, she made friends with those who wandered through, and found pleasantries in the silence of the area. Occasionally she would wish for something else, companionship, a change of scenery perhaps? But the mare always came back to the meadow, it was safe there. No matter whom the ruler or the location of the herd, Beqanna's kingdoms (or the ones she had seen) couldn't seem to get it right. Her fear of corruption was ever more unfolded with the fall of the Tiaga and the overtaking of Sylva. (However, she knew not of whom did it. Sol quite liked to stay out of politics.) So it was the meadow she stayed, not bothering to wander away from it.... Though everyone gets tired of being alone. The friends she made stopped coming, and no one she saw seemed interested in talking. So with a wistful 'I'll see you soon..' type of goodbye, she left the meadow. Her heart yearned for greater things, friendship, love, a place to belong. The buckskin mare had been in Beqanna for so long, yet she barely knew the land! Oh, how her journey to the field would change that. (She hoped) She drug out the journey, taking the LONG route. She tramped through the playground of bustling foals, past the den of motherless souls, and by the mountain haunted with those brave enough to test its mighty peaks. The forest she hurried through, Solana had never been one for the forest. She would rather quietly observe the dense trees rather than mope through them like some modern day phantom...and after that came her destination. 

The field.

The land where newcomers to Beqanna could peacefully gather together and wait in hopes of a new home, or even just a friend. The buckskin mare smiled, amber eyes alight with joy as she roamed into the belly high stalks of wild grass. She tossed her head in greeting, thick mane entangled now with grass and flowers. She muttered quick 'hello's' and 'how are you?'s to everyone she passed. When the doe finally reached a spot she liked (under a copse of trees and close to the stream that plit the land) she took a breath. One signifying the sudden change in her life. The small burst of productivity she hoped would play dominoes with her luck. 

And then she waited.

((Written and edited quickly cause tired, i go to bed now <33))

There is darkness in everyone. 

Sometimes, the darkness is just plain evil, like in his case. But sometimes, the darkness is simply just depression - sometimes from losing someone, sometimes from being abandoned by friends or family or both. It could be in small amounts, it could be overwhelming, but wherever darkness lied, he was there. Watching, stalking...waiting for it to be exposed. 

The light in her eyes is glazed over with it. He knows there is something there, something she is just waiting to let escape. Had she been hurt by a lover? Had she been betrayed by a friend? Whatever it was, he intended to find out. He hadn't forgotten what Gryffen had asked of him, he hadn't forgotten the test. All he had to do, was find the right one. 

From the bushes, he emerges, slapping a fake-friendly smile on her face. She wouldn't know any better - she had been muttering quiet "hellos" and "how are yous?" to every fucking asshole that passed by her. He would just be the asshole to humor her. He trots out, swinging his head from side to side as he whistles a tune he enjoys. As she had with everyone, the words flutter gently from her lips into Modicum's dark ears. He turns to her, grin still ever-present on his face. 

"Hello," He replies to her, turning to face her. She, as with everyone, is taller than him. He looks up at her through icy hues. "I'm...Morty. I haven't seen you around here!" It seemed better that he didn't tell her his full name (it did, of course, mean "little death"). His tone is affable and bright, he knows it can easily trick anyone. He is an unassuming force - most people take him for granted considering his short stature. All is in the game - get on her good side, gain her trust; see who hurt her and end their pathetic lives. Then, and only then, could he start the life he so desperately wanted for himself and his flame. 

Modicum Mortem

They all float…

@[Solana]

|Proceed with Caution|

She is entirely too naive. Entirely too trusting of the black stallion that stalks her. She is unaware of his malicious intentions, of the boiled blood in his veins, and the frozen heart in his chest. he makes a mockery of her light right in front of her, and she sees nothing but his facade. To the buckskin doe he is as she, light, happy, an innocent being with innocent intentions.

"I'm... Morty. I havent seen you around here!"

It was such a mundane way to start a conversation! Such a simple way to grab the girls attention right out from under her. Solana was too desperate for a friend, too willing to tell someone everything.

"Hello, Morty! I am Solana."

Her voice is edged with the light that burned inside of her. With the joy, she wanted to flood the world with. Her amber eyes bore into the sapphire depths of his crystalline gaze, he was a captivating creature. A mesmerising ball of unwavering rage she knew nothing of. If she were only able to peer closer into his soul, she would see he had no one.

Nothing.

Only three would ever truly love the clown king. His flame, and her sons. The children whom he was to help raise into glory. The yin yang twins made for destruction and power. But alas, Solana could see nothing but the smiling man before her. A possible friend, a key to a new life she was desperate for.

"I am new to Beqanna, and I should assume you are not.."

God, she was so easy to trick, to manipulate into his sadistic games. His facade easily traps her in his web, and she has no idea the pain he can cause her and the ones she loves. He is quiet for a moment, "politely" listening to her words with a friendly smile. New to Beqanna? Well...he'd find some use for her anyways. 

A slight nod to answer her stupid question. Isn't it a bit obvious he resides here? But his face does not show his disgust with her naivety, only a grin...that damned grin, that can trap anyone. He had grown so good at it, he actually impressed himself. 

"Well, Solana, it was nice to meet you," He begins, cocking a back leg to look more relaxed and less rigid. "Born and raised, in fact..." God he hated casual smalltalk. "and where are you from?" He asks...the more information, the better, and he had a feeling this mare would open up to anyone who gave her the time of day.  

Modicum Mortem

They all float…

|Proceed with Caution|

A land far from here it seems..." She speaks, a smile tugging at the edges of her dark lips. To many the dazzling personality and fine features made the woman beautiful. She WAS beautiful, but she thought nothing of her image, much like she thought nothing of Morty's. Her eyes were blind to him as she fell deep into the stallion's bitter trap. The dripping maw of the wolf was open, and she was heading straight for it. "There is no such name to describe the lands from which I am from." She whispers, almost to herself. Beqanna was beautiful in its own way as her home lands had been at one point. "how wonderful it must be to have lived here your whole life..." She speaks, head turning about them as if just now taking in the others. Her smile grew and her eyes lightened. She was determined to be happy. Despite the clown's underlaying malice she felt safe. She felt loved by the sun as it tickled their skin and left sweat on her temples. Where Morty may see destruction and hate she only saw the children that played happily amongst the summer lavender. They saw the same sky, the same stars, they walked upon the same ground, and drank the same water.. Yet the two were worlds apart. Darkness and light forced to co exist upon the same earth. "Do you have a family Morty?"

S

a quote goes here

lana

"Do you have a family, Morty?" Her question strikes him, and for a moment his mind travels to his flame. To the two children he was raising as his own, and to the child she would soon give him. He pauses briefly, smiles to her again. He wouldn't poison the moment by mentioning them...getting her to follow him would be easier if she had some sort of romantic attraction to him. 

"I am...all alone." He mutters, a frown tugging at his lips, faking some sort of sadness. He allows her to fall deeper and deeper into his trap. What a nice gift she would be to Gryffen - young, stunning, completely gullible. While she seemed to hold no traits, he didn't think that would much matter to the wraith...a good rape doesn't require them to be special. "But, I do have a wonderful home. Beautiful trees, cozy nooks..." His eyes glaze over dreamily. "I'd love to show you sometime, Solana." And then a warm smile...that damned fooling smile.  

Modicum Mortem

They all float…

@[Solana]

|Proceed with Caution|

Alone? What a terrible place to be! She smiles mournfully at him, her heart aching for the poor man before her. She sighs inwardly as he speaks, everyone deserved a family. Everyone deserved someone. 
    "I would love to go if you'll have me."

She whispers, eyes alight with curiosity. Maybe this would be an interesting day after all...

((SHORT because she agreed to go with him. QUE jealous Lil drama + torture))

@[Modicum Mortem]