• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Let the only sound be the overflow; Canaan
    Canaan
    And maybe, I'll find out a way to make it back someday.
    To watch you, to guide you through the darkest of your days.
       He is quiet when her voice finally does rise above the gentle whistling of the wind, and with his sheer will alone, it is quieted, too, settling into stillness. The soft and delicately preened feathers of his wing brush across her flank, where his sons and daughter had once grown and stirred within her womb – she is a vision of beauty and he is in awe of her; time had made him so much more observant and the wideness of her hips (once slender, and sleek) remind him of the depth in which his love reaches, if only to be by her side. Gently, his teeth tug and press into the entanglement of her mane, haphazard and curled along the muscled slope of her neck as he gathers dried leaves and twigs from the mess of indigo that lay over emerald skin.

Her weight is against him, then, tucking within the hardened, heavily muscled lines of his own body – she is lithe and slight, fitting into the sharp crevices of his bone structure, as if she had been molded to fit alongside him. He had known, long ago, she would be the one to capture his heart – to tame the wanderlust that still stirs deep within his wayward heart, though he no longer yearns to wander alone – but rather, beside her. A fervent kiss pressed along the hollow of an exposed throat; teeth gripping gently with warm breath into withers with ecstasy writhing thought his veins and through hers – she had taken him, as he had taken her, and when her wild and unyielding heart had found him at last upon a distant shore, the depth of his love for her became known.

And with it came sacrifice.

For months, he watched as lips of blistering fire caressed the very same curve of her hip with zealous desire – he watched as glimmering ruby danced with alluring emerald, fervent whispers shared as lips traveled further and lower, as the celestial sky above was drawn into the eyes of the tumultuous and passionate storm that had become the love shared by Circinae and Jah-Lilah. He had watched as the one who held his heart held another’s, as he struggled between where he belonged and where he did not – and he can see the same fear, the same yearning within the glistening, unshed tears lingering at the brim of her piercing gaze. He knew it all too well, and gently, his lips brush across her cheek -  a soothing murmur rising from his parted mouth.

”No time spent on Earth could compare to the time spent with you,” he says earnestly, as his mouth delves beneath her tangled tresses to the sensitive skin that lay beneath, his breath warm and his tongue lingering – tasting the sunlight and maple that lay there. ”whether I live for ten years or for a hundred. Nothing, and no one, has ever compared to you,” he breathes, teeth lovingly tugging at the corner of her ear, as a smile tugs along the corner of his mouth, crooked and boyish but laced with adoration. ”and I know that she feels the same way about you. Time is fleeting – I’ve had enough of it taken away from me, and if I ever should live one day without you, it would be one day too many. I will not linger on what-if, and neither should you.”

And then, gently, his lips travel along the curve of her jaw, tasting her skin, feeling her pulse under his tongue before kissing her softly, gently, with a whisper uttered against her lips.

”I am she as you are she, and she is me and we are three together,” he says softly – the very same words Jah-Lilah had spoken to him, to bind what had been created of desire, of love – of a yearning so deep, none could quite touch it without the other. ”I love you, Circinae, and nothing - no one - will ever make it untrue. I know that you are afraid – I am, too – but I am yours, and I always have been – nothing can change that.”
    If a great wave shall fall and fall upon us all,
    then I hope there's someone out there who can bring me back to you.

Messages In This Thread
    Let the only sound be the overflow; Canaan - by Circinae - 10-04-2017, 03:09 PM
    RE: Let the only sound be the overflow; Canaan - by Canaan - 10-04-2017, 05:11 PM
    RE: Let the only sound be the overflow; Canaan - by Circinae - 10-05-2017, 02:37 PM
    RE: Let the only sound be the overflow; Canaan - by Canaan - 10-10-2017, 03:19 PM
    RE: Let the only sound be the overflow; Canaan - by Circinae - 10-16-2017, 11:21 AM