• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm not a girl. i'm a storm with skin. amet - any
    She comes across him where she thought she may, he is golden and young with kind, curious eyes. But for all her supernatural knowledge she is not in tune to his inner monologue involving her mother - the way he compares and contrasts her, the way he has written her off so easily after one foul conversation. If she had of know, been able to reach for thoughts the way she could reach for the future, her next words would have been very different. But she is no mind reader, which is probably better for the world at large, and she does not falter in her mission - which contradicts Amet's secret wish of Tang returning to Tephra. 

She only wears a look of satisfaction- things are going perfectly according to plan (or premonition). But before she can speak a colt appears, taking the side of his king with cool confidence. She frowns and little wrinkles settle across the star on her brow -  she had never seen this colt in a dream. 

Her jewel-tone eyes flash towards the unexpected addition and she looks the colt over with an unabashed curiosity. The filly has seen very few faces in her short life and each one held a magnetic pull. He looks like a creature who would be at home by the river, with his raven-dark wing and fern colored forelock, she would not have been surprised to find him there. But she is not alone by the river now; she is in a foreign kingdom, under the nose of the reigning monarch, and her attention returns to the king. 

"She wants to see you," she says to Amet in a voice much bigger than she is. Her mother was terrified of new faces and Celest intended to show these she wasn't scared. 

'Be sweet, Starlight - he is a friend to us,' Tangerine had pleaded with her wild daughter. But Celest liked statements more than questions and her mother's harshest punishment was a disappointed sigh when she disobeyed her. 

"And only you, Amet." Celest holds the kings gaze with strength, but once her message has been delivered (the important part anyway, her mom hadn't seen this scaled guy in six months what she had to say could wait for a little longer) her amethyst eyes slide back to the raven-winged colt and she finds herself suddenly wishing to be done with the business she came to accomplish. She may be too young to feel the stirrings of attraction, but she likes the way he is looking at her - it affirms her pride. 

"What's your name." She asks the boy with a tilt of her dainty head, facade slipping slightly. "Maybe you should show me around, because he," A nod to Amet without taking her eyes off Corvus, "has somewhere to go."
    [Image: celest_by_cowgirlconrad-dcolc1l.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm not a girl. i'm a storm with skin. amet - any - by Celest - 10-08-2017, 07:11 PM