• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  With eyes like glass; ANY

From my breast the cold heart taking,
    Give it to Belerma's care

The dun male is neither secretive nor villainous in his approach and so I feel no immediate need (aside from turning a suspicious eye in his direction) to adjust my current position in the Meadow. I will agree that I felt initial hesitance at his overall appearance - he towers above me and has a manner of speaking down that marks him for his character - but I am more aware in these fresh, few months of life of just how deceiving appearances can be than others who have lived much longer and still believe in first looks. “The eye is the ultimate deceiver.” I reply to him in lieu of a better, snarkier response.

I am a lady after all (or so I’d like to imagine.) “Aren’t you a bit large to be associating yourself with me?” I huff, casting my once suspicious gaze back out to the sea of horseflesh. The workings of my slow-growing tail flip side-from-side to deter a range of pests and, though I try to stifle the emotion, embarrassment at his remark blooms in spots of crimson along my proud, high cheekbones. “A bit small to be alone …” I want to scoff.

I was much smaller than this when loneliness became my only friend.

Rey

@[Gunsynd]

Messages In This Thread
    With eyes like glass; ANY - by Rey - 10-07-2017, 12:16 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Gunsynd - 10-07-2017, 09:56 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Rey - 10-09-2017, 02:33 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Gunsynd - 10-11-2017, 06:54 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Rey - 10-12-2017, 04:46 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Gunsynd - 10-19-2017, 07:58 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Rey - 10-23-2017, 01:13 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Gunsynd - 10-24-2017, 09:13 AM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Rey - 10-24-2017, 12:15 PM