• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  With eyes like glass; ANY

From my breast the cold heart taking,
    Give it to Belerma's care

I have found Death. You cannot convince me otherwise - my eyes have seen and now, my heart will never forget. With fingers deft and smooth he halts time, dragging the hour hand backwards and backwards still, around and around while the minutes fall in line behind. I cannot hope to tear away the gaze I’d idly thought would be strong enough to resist him; the prowess of his abilities is like watching an animal be skinned alive.

Unsettling. Fascinating.

“Better?” He asks.

What does he expect me to say? I watch him quietly now, both gray eyes tracing his  with untapped curiosity. I see mischief; the telltale sign of age trapped in a young body, but I also see much more. Perhaps even more than he’s aware of. “You would do this... for someone you don’t even know?” I ask, turning the event on its head.

I could care less for his intentions, cruel or otherwise. It’s the first semblance of kindness on my behalf from a stranger - he could never understand how this moment will be coveted, tucked close to my heart for those aching days sure to come. “Thank you.” I murmur. The crimson of my cheeks spreads in a cloud of color across my once-brown skin, my legs move of their own design; suddenly I’m pressed flush against his body, bloodred and black.

“What do they call you?” I want to know.

Rey

@[Gunsynd]

Messages In This Thread
    With eyes like glass; ANY - by Rey - 10-07-2017, 12:16 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Gunsynd - 10-07-2017, 09:56 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Rey - 10-09-2017, 02:33 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Gunsynd - 10-11-2017, 06:54 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Rey - 10-12-2017, 04:46 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Gunsynd - 10-19-2017, 07:58 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Rey - 10-23-2017, 01:13 PM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Gunsynd - 10-24-2017, 09:13 AM
    RE: With eyes like glass; ANY - by Rey - 10-24-2017, 12:15 PM