• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times -[Vessel]
    We Must All Face The Choice Between What Is Right
    And What Is Easy

The bachelor lingered, he did not claim a land yet wandered the forest. Full of those recruiting, but none the less free to those who did not wish to be claimed.

It was night and his navy blue body blended in well with the dark night, but his silver mane and tail always gave away his hiding with the moons light. His brown orbs scanned the tree covered area, the forest always smelled of pine, regardless the season. He preferred wondering at night when most others were sleeping, he could avoid the annoying recruiters, plus the fun equines were always out at night.

He has met some interesting personalities around Beqanna, many whom he has only seen the one time, never to be seen again. Perhaps tonight would bring out another interesting equine, one that could create a lasting memory.

Albus

OOC: mm just something quick to get up

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

I grew tired of waiting for him, he kept me waiting again. I was a fool for thinking I would get a different result. Frustration and embarrassment were always the end result, but I expected a different result. The sun had set and I had decided to move on, to not wait through the night like some sad little puppy. My mahogany coat moved through the dense conifers with relative ease. The pine needles on the ground a soft cushion for my hooves, dampening the sounds of their rhythmic striking against the earth. The normal nightly sounds surrounded me as my ears swiveled to catch each one: owls, cicadas, bull frogs by the distance river. Each one a sign of normalcy in the darkness of the night.

I had felt the change of my gift from the fairies, I knew I had a gift that would benefit, or harm myself or others. I felt it in my soul yet hadn’t yet seen the manifestation. I know if wasn’t something that was as aspect of my daily life, but  wondered how it would show itself, and if so what it was. The trek had bought no signs, and now as I wander the forest alone at night, there was still no sign of whatever the fae bestowed on me. Maybe it wasn’t something I would ever know one of those secret gifts that were never known unless in some extreme situation or in death. Either way I can’t help but wonder what if could possibly be as I wandered alone between the towering conifers. That was until I heard a crunch of the pine needles that didn’t come from my own hooves, and I froze. My steel eyes scanned the area, but the darkness swallowed most everything up. I stilled even further as I strained my ears for a more telling sound, but didn’t hear a snarl or growl, or any other rushed breathing. It had grown quiet again.

I exhaled my tension,and continued on, whatever it was I could handle it. I continued on down the faint path between the trees, trying my best to still the tingling nerves bunching in my chest. It wasn’t until I rounded the bend that I just about ran into the stallion the color of night itself (if it weren’t for his bright mane and tail I would have). A gasp of air escaped my lungs as I pulled to stop just before him . ”Ohhf. I’m sorry I didn’t..well almost didn’t see you there!” I rose my eyes to his, he stood at least a hand taller than I, and as I did I took note of his tucked wings. ”I’m Vessel, it’s always interesting...the things you come across in the forest at night….” I smile and I keep  my eyes on his own before looking away naturally, not wanting to appear to bore into his soul. Maybe this time around meeting a strange stallion in the night within the forest won’t end in such never ending drama.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine