• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  *O Stars and Dreams and Gentle Night; O Night and Stars return!*

The summer night is a thin one; even though the last of the sun’s fingers have only just relinquished their grip on the horizon, the skies in the east look strangely expectant. Still, the stars cling on to their territory, looking forward to that change in the light that must come soon, to longer, deeper autumn nights. The field is quiet aside from the soft lisping of the breeze on the grass. Perhaps its inhabitants are sleeping, or speaking in soft hushes under the night sky’s watchful gaze.

Into this tranquillity falls one drop; the hollow hoof-sound on the dry sod of the earth. Four hooves that have once again come into contact with the lands of Beqanna. Slim white-silver legs stretch upwards to the willowy body and swan-arch neck of the mare wreathed in starlight, with tingling wings of light that slowly dissipate now they are no longer required.

Mystere looks over this uncanny place. Strange, yet familiar. The stars have brought her back from her long travels. Beqanna’s night-sky constellations called her, and as she always will, she answered. She exhales softly into the midsummer night.

* Our child dearest child with us once again wait with us *

The starlette’s head tilts as she listens to the voices of her parents, her guardians and lovers, drawing their light around her in tendril-caresses that bounce off her pearly coat, crystallise in her milky silver eyes.

She waits.

Mystere

Eternal Star Child

ORION'S BELT
    Lately he has found himself in an eternity of solitude.  Only the crisp nights sky to sate his loneliness.  Sky blue orbs cast to the stars glow against a obsidian backdrop.  Mother; Father send me a savior he pleas in his mind.  A quick falling of light catches his attention.  Another has returned he thinks.  Deciding then to find the fallen star.

It is not often he travels the vast distance from his home on the coast to the commonlands.  The travel takes days by land but he has days to spare.  Immortality has ensured him an eternity of them.  His silver pelt shimmers under moonlight and a billion stars.  All neatly arranged in patterns that tell their stories.  One of which is written across his back.  Orion, the mighty hunter.  He was just that; a hunter, a warrior.  Battles won and battles lost.  Today he will be the hunter.  Blue gaze narrows on his path thru the many different landscapes.  Searching.

As he crosses into the most basic of the gathering lands it has been two nights since he left Nerine.  This the third evening since he saw the trailing star.  His senses staying vigilant.  A twist of his satalittes to each crack of twig or rustle of grass. His large profile lowered to the soft blades.  Silver nares widen to draw in the scent of another.   They were not far.

Bringing his muzzle to his chest - arching his thick nape - he strides towards the scent.  Sky blue orbs scanning thru the twilight to find a light against a stark background.  As he neared a quiet whicker reached out in greeting.  The starlit beauty seemed at home in such a dull place.  Slowing to a stop a respectable distance he follows to where her gaze had been, "They 're quite lovely." He smiles kindly before looking to her, "I 'tam Orion.  May I ask thines name, M'Lady?" His silver crown dips in greeting as he awaits a name... 
    Warrior by Day, Hunter by Night
    HTML by Call

@[Mystere]

The quest interrupted my flow XD

The whicker grumbles out into the night, a soft velvet earthquake that shakes Mystere’s attention from the sky. She turns her face to him with some effort, as if for her gravity pulled her upwards rather than down. Her silver meet his blue as his words float between them.
    Orion. Her eyes skim his starlight dapples and glance back at the sky, looking for the stars of his belt.
    'They call me Mystere.'
    She softly exhales her name, her voice almost forgotten. Looking back at the imposing figure of the stallion, a tendril of starlight reaches out to him, dancing across his dapples as it maps the constellations.
    'Orion. The stars have marked you. '
    Her voice rings clearer now, regaining that bell-like musicality. She steps towards the stallion with her starlit-aura, her muzzle reaching out till it is a blade of grass from his own. Her breath blows softly into his own, taking with it tentative fingers of starlight.
    *Mystere, my love*
    Her ears twitch at that long longed-for star-voice, a silver eye once again turned to the heavens. He was up their, her own star-love. Her gaze fell once again upon Orion, studying him more carefully. Who was he, that drew those words from her lover?

Mystere

Eternal Star Child

@[Orion's Belt]

OOC: Just thought I would clarify for you. Mystere on one occasion made a horse from her own starlight,
    but it turned out she had called down a star incarnate. Of course she fell deeply in love/obsession haha because in case you hadn't noticed she has a bit of a thing about the stars. However, he could only stay the one night. She had a son by this stallion. So that's whose voice she's hearing now Smile (She has had a couple of other lovers in the meantime too)
    ORION'S BELT
    Mystere.
    The name is as curious as she is. He tastes it on his silver lined lips, "Mystere, 'tis a pleasure to meet thee." She is but a breath of night air as her eyes drift from star to star.  His large profile tilts in wonder as he watches her curiously.  He knew his stars and their placement in the night so when she seemingly brings them to dance across his hide he is intruiged.  Could it be she is the one who has returned...?

The stars have marked you... A melodic whisper on night air leaves her lips.  He smiles, "I am the stars of my marking." His voice is deep and no where close to as beautiful as hers.  The dancing of the night skies surround her but their beauty cannot compare to the silver mare.  Drawing in a breath of hers he feels as though they have met before.  Perhaps a long time ago.  Far from the lands of which they stood now.  Two stars among billions that have crossed paths twice would be not luck but destiny...

The silver of her eyes swirl like that of the galaxies as her gaze returns to the celestial skies.  His remain on her lumnious figure. Wanting to say something but his words are lost to the breeze.
    HTML by Call

@[Mystere]

Ooc: Ah I see.  Too bad he wasn't her creation returned Wink  He has a bit of a star thing too

With a wrench that pulls at her heart, she turns from the stars to once again look at (but also slightly through) Orion.  She wonders why he is here. What is his purpose? Because for Mystere, everyone has a purpose, ordained by the stars.
    She cocks her head slightly, one delicate curved ear flitting back and forth, as if to encourage the soft tinkling voices she listens to.
    For now, nothing.

‘Orion. Tell me what you seek, what is written in your stars?’

With the words hanging between them, silver and platinum notes, Mystere fidgets; shifting her weight from one back leg to the other, her tail swishing at her flanks. The starlight hangs around her still, in a soft speckled cloud that ripples back and forth, tentatively reaching out to the stallion. As if prompted by the starlight, Mystere tries to engage in conventional conversation.

‘I do not know what they have in store for me. Many years ago it seemed so clear, but now I must wait.’

*Mystere*

Eternal Star Child

@[Orion's Belt]
    ORION'S BELT
    Her words hang heavy in his mind.  He had came here to find his lost star.  Circumstances had led him to extend his search and possibly his purpose as he had found a few conversations.  A few relationships.  All that have now been lost.  So his deep voice fills the dead space between them, "I thought I knew as well.  Now I 'tam not sure.  I reside as gaurd in Nerine, but my home shall always remain in the stars." 

He watches her stars dance around her.  Causing her silver galaxies to shift with them. He watches them for a moment before looking back to her, "If ye are in need of a residence ye are welcome to come.  There 'tis an abundance of clear sky in Nerine." It may not be exactly her scene but the invitation remained...
    HTML by Call

@[Mystere] sorry it took so long Sad