• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dead are gone; any

the dead are gone, and the living are hungry.

It’s still hard to think of this place as Beqanna.

The Beast had explained it to her, had given her proof, and yet …

Where are the broad, peaceful plains of Heaven’s Gates? Where is the scorching, rolling sand of the Dewdrop Deserts? Where is the thundering waterfall of the Dazzling Waterfall? Where is the frozen wasteland of the Hidden Tundra? And where … where is the vibrant, humid jungle of the Amazons?

All of those things had made Beqanna home. What is this place to her then if none of that is left?

She roams aimlessly, following unfamiliar after unfamiliar path. On rare occasion she sees a face that she recognizes, but immediately turns away. The Beast … had explained everything to her. That it had been years … years since the Reckoning. That she’d therefore spent years under the sea.

How would she explain it? That she’d been thrown into the sea and had, though inadvertently, abandoned her kingdom in its greatest hour of need. In the time of its destruction.

And even if she could explain it, could justify it, would they recognize the creature that she’d become?

In her heyday she’d been a force to be reckoned with. Not the Amazon’s strongest warrior by far, but still impressive, and just about as dedicated as they’d come. Now …

She’s a wasted shadow of her former self. Eight years under the sea have turned her into a weak, sickly thing. Barely worth a passing glance. A far cry from the powerful warrior she’d been in her prime.

And so she walks, not really knowing where she’s going, not knowing even where she can go. Her world, the world she grew up in, the world she fought for, is lost, and this version of Beqanna is just so foreign, so new.

lexa

What is this even. Blah. Anyway, full disclosure, I am going to very VERY slow at replying for a while.
    Celeana

Her place among the amazons no longer remains. Nerine has been filled with corruption, a broken society slaughtered by the tyrant queen herself, they lost their customs, tattoos and all. Men fought for their lives only to kneel before the crown thief, things had been so simpler before, when the inky maiden, the first queen of Nerine had ruled justly. Simpler times. But that was many years ago, things have changed from then on. She has been gone now, abandoned her roots along with the two children she bared for her inky lover, but it seems Naga herself has too left this earth among the many in her life.

Alone and silenced, the lone porcelain lioness wanders aimlessly, lost and forever alone. Her heart longed for her lover and children to be reunited with her, but she finds that those things were simply not meant to be. All she has loved is gone now, swept off this earth entirely. And all she can help but wonder is, why leave her here, left alone to walk this earth for an eternity. Why not end everything now?

Somehow she finds herself here, swept away into the common lands. 

It isn't likely that she find someone, and she knows this but something in her mind is snagged on the idea that perhaps someone, someone that once she considered was close to her was here. Lost, and confused just as she was, and soon enough as those verdant eyes of hers search the meadow, she finds a familiar gold hoofed comrade.

Her eyes light up, could this be? This blanket appaloosa, her Khaleesi? Her heart thunders as she nears the familiar patterned mare, webbed paws trudging through the vegetation to reach her, and with a quick graceful movement, her body shifts into the ebony speckled equine she is, nostrils flailing as she studies the familiar face, tears some how welling within her eyes.

"Khaleesi? Lexa?" She states, oily tears creating marks upon her alabaster cheeks. "I-I thought I lost you...." Celeana's voice trails off.  All this time the speckled girl had thought she was the reason Lexa was no longer leading them, she was the reason why Lexa didn't survive the reckoning, or so she thought. "I've missed you." She adds in a friendly tone.

Where the Wild Things Are

Lol Celeana is back <3
    @[Lexa]
    [Image: celeana1_zps6eonkecp.gif?w=480&h=480&fit...1483304507]

It’s not the place that makes home, but the equine that lived there with you. And if that happened to be in a foresty area, that would only make it a better home. Jinju didn’t know where her preference came from, only that it was there.

Six months have passed since.. since what actually? Terran telling her and Ander that they were going to find a new home. But they hadn’t, not yet, and Jinju is tired of moving from place to place, and at the same time she’s too restless to stay in one place for too young. Blame her age and endless curiosity.

By now she’d covered most of the forest, the meadow was next. And that started at the edge of the forest, watching over the glowing green fields. Half hidden against the trees, black against colourful leaves on the ground and a pair of bright ruby orbs. And those orbs are pulled towards two figures in the meadow.

Or to one of the two to be more exact. None of the others in the meadow today hold her attention, and no other would’ve been able to draw her away from the treeline. Hesitant and tiny steps grow bigger and more bold the further she goes. Something familiar about the spotted mare makes Jinju confident doing this, but the happiness and joy she feels – and cannot explain – is battling with the worry she feels upon seeing the state of the mare.

”Hello” her voice high and soft, very childlike. Her inky black head tilts to the side and ruby eyes narrow slightly when she takes in the mare a little bit better. The pale one gets a glance too, but it’s the darker one who holds her attention. ”Are.. are you okay?” Jinju takes another few steps closer, not aware of barrelling into the mare’s personal space as she reaches out to gently touch the bottom of the mare’s shoulder.

Jinju

“My sun is set to rise again.”

the dead are gone, and the living are hungry.

“Khaleesi? Lexa?” The voice doesn’t register for a moment, then …

She freezes. Brown eyes slide sidewards to rest upon a face that she remembers. Or almost remembers. It reminds her of a young mare she once knew, a young warrior and diplomat, a new initiate to the Jungle ...

But this face is much older than the face she knew.

God what a change eight years can bring.

“Celeana.”

Guilt stabs at her heart as tears begin to trail down the speckled mare’s face. "I-I thought I lost you....” Of course … what else could they have thought? She’s been gone for so long, it’s the only thing that would make sense …

"I've missed you.” Lexa inhales, trying to bite back the guilt that’s freezing her tongue. Celeana deserves to know what happened, deserves to know the truth. But how does she explain this?

“I … something happened to me, during the reckoning. I got swept into the sea during the chaos, and somehow, my power took over. It kept me safe, and asleep …” She fumbles for the words, ashamed. “Someone found me a few weeks ago, woke me up, told me what happened ...”

Her eyes drop to the ground. “Celeana I … I’m so sorry. I wasn’t there when the Jungle needed me. I failed you. I failed the sisters. I …” A solitary tear tracks its way down her dark cheek. There’s no way she can ever make up for what she’s missed.

“Hello.” The sound is a punch to the gut. She knows that voice, she’d know that face anywhere. Of all the horses she’d failed, Jinju is the one that eats at her the most. “Are.. are you okay?” A gentle touch brushes her shoulder and she raises her eyes with painful slowness, dreading the expression she thinks she’ll see on Jinju’s face …

She’s frozen again, for a moment. But this time she’s confused. Celeana has aged - it’s been eight years after all. But Jinju, Jinju is the same. Somehow, the tiny little filly she’d adopted so many years ago hasn’t aged a day. “Jinju? How …?”

lexa

Omg that html is amazing Sapphire!