• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    i will find you.
    THANA.
    (as black as your soul)
    You, one of the soulless, destined to stand forever apart from his people – nestled in a collection of bulbous perennials, coiled but blooming beneath the afternoon sun. Magenta and ivory bathed in blood, and even as death consumes you, you fight, foolish boy. Carved of granite, the fine grey sand of your monument flutter away in the forlorn breeze. It is nothing more than an outcropping of stone. Alluring – something desired, but out of reach. None can live up to your name, but none try; all pleasures palled upon me. Arousing expectations, repeatedly disappointed, they lay in your shadow, wilting like a delicate flower – their corpses awash at sea. Failure. It is a terrible thing.

One horse from one land, for one year of Beqanna captivity (2 RL months) in Sylva.
    You, one of the soulless, destined to stand forever apart from his people (Googling this phrase = many results for “Nayl”)

– nestled in a collection of bulbous perennials, coiled but blooming beneath the afternoon sun (a nerine is a genus of flowering plants; Googling “Nerine” results in with a flower with coiled ends when in bloom that are described as “bulbous perennials” (link here).

Magenta and ivory bathed in blood, and even as death consumes you, you fight, foolish boy (6th Google search for “Nayl” has the following description on the webpage: “striking against the Retribution’s enemies even as death consumes him” = “even as death consumes you, you fight” (link here).

Carved of granite, the fine grey sand of your monument flutter away in the forlorn breeze (Nerine’s land description describes “fine grey sand”).

It is nothing more than an outcropping of stone (Nerine’s land description refers to “outcroppings of stone”).

Alluring – something desired, but out of reach (1st Google search for “tantalize” = “something desired but out of reach” in the definition).

None can live up to your name, but none try; all pleasures palled upon me (5th Google search for “tantalize” = “all pleasures palled upon me” in the website description).

Arousing expectations, repeatedly disappointed (1st Google search = “arousing expectations that are repeatedly disappointed” in the definition), they lay in your shadow, wilting like a delicate flower – their corpses awash at sea. Failure. It is a terrible thing.

Tantalize from Nayl in Nerine.
    Success?
    (10-14-2017, 08:10 PM)Thana Wrote: Arousing expectations, repeatedly disappointed (1st Google search for "tantalize" = “arousing expectations that are repeatedly disappointed” in the definition)

Forgive me - I meant to notate this clue was for the word "tantalize".
    @[Officials] @[freaking awesome fairy] @[Beqanna Fairy]
    Just a friendly tag in case no one sees it. Smile
    Success