• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let the only sound ... Jah-Lilah

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

No, she’s never far behind, is she? "I am he as you are she, as she is me and we are three together..."

Behind her red dames whipping tail, Circinae falls steadily into a loose canter. Her footsteps slam into the wet crescents left behind from the forerunner, and as the water of Hyaline’s lake surges up the pebbled, perfect shore, a portal flashes open to drink water in an endless loop. When once they might have grasped each other firmly about the neck, now the striking red and velvet green mares thunder headlong into the twist of time and space - the breathless thrill of falling up purges a wild shout from Circinae’s lips.

On the opposite shore, somewhere near the great river crossing to Taiga, their crashing arrival sends water spraying in heaving gusts of crystalline sheets. Behind them the portal sucks noisily shut; they’re left to wheel and dance in the glinting afternoon, as the sun (who never strays from her throne in the sky simply because some horse or another goes tripping through time) is still continuing on her Western journey. In another mere, few hours night will come - and with it, Circinae hopes the last of the Summer fireflies @[Jah-Lilah] loved so much.

The smaller mare taps the water’s surface a few more times, throwing golden droplets over the dark, powerful legs of her companion before falling softly to a standstill. Heaving gently from the experience, and the joy of having one she loved so near, Circy smiles as the quiet settles comfortably around them. “Hear that?” She pants, casting one emerald ear aside, “There’s nothing.”

Her head, which had been set firmly in the direction of the red temptress’ swaying limbs, turns slowly to her left; the very direction of Taiga’s now-ghosted woods. Only the darkness peers back. Looking across the river now, Circy could almost fool herself into believing that it was just like any other day - that she had simply returned from an outing, long overdue. The memories haunt her, drag her smile into a hard line. “No smell of wasted earth, either. Something’s changed.” 

Instantly, her eyes jerk back to Spark-and-Flame. “Should we go in?”

Circinae

Jah-Lilah
    someday, we will foresee obstacles
    I was a boat stuck in a bottle that never got a chance to touch the sea.

Footsteps behind her but no monster this time, like in The Underneath. A canter matching her own stride for stride. Breath, hot and heavy on her hip, but no stallion this time, like their beloved Canaan. The Wolf follows her closely as they've always followed one another. Bound from the start, the pair of them. Just when she thought she could never love another like she had loved the dark unicorn, @[Circinae] had come in and stolen her heart away in a moment. Then when she thought she could never love anyone more than the Wolf and her twins, Canaan came home. Their circle was complete. 

I am he as you are she, as she is me and we are three together.

Her mate shows her power again, a portal to another beautiful world opens. She is not afraid. She trusts her girl's ability and strength, wholly and blindly. Together, as one unit, the enter. My red mare is suddenly set adrift, on a crazy ride. Sometimes you need to just let go, and Jah-Lilah gets off on just...letting go. She is at the mercy of Circy's wild waters, and she cries out in joy. They arrive breathless and grinning, and as Wolf-of-the-Water's doorway shuts Jah-Lilah shouts a thank you to the water for allowing them safe passage. The wytch dances along the water's edge, nipping her lover and friend in exhilaration. The sea-foam mare beckons her to listen, and Jah does as she's asked. The girl is right, only silence, sadness, destruction around them. 

There's a change around them though, an arrival of something different. The air smells like newness, like life. Jah-Lilah can feel that the Earth-Mother is working on something, that Taiga is being repaired. It excites her, her tail arches and she piaffes forward, towards the border of her mate's former home. Her nostrils flare, she takes in the smell of all around them. She wuffs lowly, then turns to Wolf-of-the-Water bobbing her in anticipation. "Yes, yes let's go. Something IS different. I want to see, my love!" With a whinny she darts forward, approaching the thorny wall haphazardly, unafraid with her consort beside her. The mare has grown, has changed since linking up with the two. She has no reservations, no hesitation.

Just forgot on the shelf, no wind in my sails. 

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

Jah-Lilah acts with little hesitation. In the moment she strides forward, Circinae can visibly exhale. She’d thought, “Things might be different, they might not be the same…” when she’d first delved into this plan. Imagine: Canaan and Jah finding that their attitudes, their chemistry, were more to each others taste than Circinae’s! It would never have surprised her, had that been the case - sometimes when she watches them she doubts whether she was meant for them at all. The sky and his lover, lightning …

“The sky rains, does it not?” She reminds herself, slipping forward to trudge carefully through the rush of knee-deep water. Every line of Jah-Lilah’s body is heightened to intensity as the afternoon glare of sunlight strikes matches against her bloody coat. About the joyful shape of her face is a burning halo; golden-white and gleaming. Circy doubts that she’s ever looked more beautiful.

Her quiet contemplation is halted, put to the wayside when the quick turn of her Lover’s head brings the excited whisper of adventure. “Yes, yes let’s go.” Spark-and-Flame is saying, eager to rush the barricade of tangled root and thorn. Brushing alongside her, as gently as she can manage, Circy steps ahead to nose the wall and returns with a sharp nick over the curve of her nostrils. Shocked, she pulls her petite mouth from the source and hisses away the pain. “Something tells me,” She mutters, wiping the blood in a crimson streak over one foreleg, “they still won’t let us.”

Despite her attempts to remain lighthearted, Circy can feel the prick of rejection clear to her gut. It simply wasn’t fair! Inside of her, frustration builds to a tempo that sends the blood-streaked leg slamming into the water - a distempered splash that in turn touches the both of them.

With the disappointed turn of her head, the blue-green mare mutters, “I’m sorry, Heart. I thought we could … I don’t know. I’m not even sure what to think, anymore.”
    The excuse is weakly executed, she can feel the lost sincerity in the low tone of her voice. It wounds her, that she feels so many confusing things, that she'd nearly forgotten her past in the chaos of the present. Who was she becoming? “I feel lost, Jah.”

Circinae

@[Jah-Lilah]

Jah-Lilah

I've been going nowhere with no one but me, and now there's you.

Her mate hesitates a moment behind her, and Jah peers around to look. Emitting a short whistle, she tries to snap her from her trace and beckon her to follow. She is still amazed by the grace and beauty radiating from her mate after so long of them being together. The endless amount of unconditional love exchanged between their trio is sustaining, feeds her when there is nothing in her stomach. She is twitterpeated, completely head over heels, in this moment and every other. 

@[Circinae] snaps from her daydream and steps forward to go hand-in-hand with my mare, and Jah bounces in place and nips at the green mare's shoulder excitedly. She keeps her electricity in check as they traipse through the water together. Her she-mate is staring, and Jah-Lilah notices, and she asks with a giggle. "What?" Her mare only responds with a smile and pushes forward. As she approaches the wall, my firefly watches her touch the thorns, only to pull back with a sharp inhaled. She's been pricked, and immediately my mare is wounded with her, and leaps to her side. She frowns and comments how they still can't get in. She wipes the blood, but another line comes to the surface. In the blink of an eye Jah licks the coppery tasting substance off, clucking softly as she had done once before, long, long ago. 

Her lover stomps hard, splashing them both. She is understandably frustrated, and Jah is too. She huffs indignantly, trying to think of something to say to console the green goddess. She is at a loss for words, and her sentences come out jumbled. Jah-Lilah laughs light heartedly, moving in close with a nuzzle and a kiss. "I know, my life, it's alright. Some adventures just aren't made to be had." She feels the restlessness and uncertainty as Circinae confesses that she feels torn in the wind, and Jah decides perhaps a party and some good head will take her perfect match's mind off of their rejection from her old homeland. "Come, lover, there's a party in the land of Sylva. The white wolf is hosting. There are several, seeeeeveral things I've been dying to do to you and with you. Let's shoot through, get high, and call for Spirit-in-the-Sky." She kisses her mare again, meeting her eyes with a spark of excitement and an ornery look. With that, she takes off, whooping and laughing, egging Wolf-of-the-Water on.

I was one in a hundred billion, a burned out star in the galaxy.

stronger than you know