• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

The quick distraction of Amet’s answering call jerks the lithe pony-mare to a sudden halt. She dances on light forehooves, turns quickly about to face him from where he advances, and suppresses her disappointment in the fact that Tangerine would not be joining them. The curious mare had piqued her interest from the start - it would have been a pleasure to speak with her. “Tang has her reasons, chin up.” She tells herself, smiling warmly at Amet’s lighthearted jest.

“Interesting times make for interesting bedfellows.” She returns, watching with rapt attention as he casts a sidelong glance over the undisturbed lake. His question is pointed - for good reason; the fate of all the lives kept here, in Hyaline, rests on his shoulders. Circy has seen the way a crown can add new lines to the face, or bring about a sense of impregnability, immortality. It’s never an easy burden to carry. But, he trusts her enough (after so little time together, too) that this interaction doesn’t shake her, not in the least bit.

“I think the odds are stacked in our favor.” She replies after a moment’s pause, “Forget about trust, if we’re being open now - you and I. Forget about trust, Amet. You can’t trust anyone aside from yourself.” Circy cements. It sounds harsh, especially from her. How could she deny her infallible dependence on Canaan and Jah while simultaneously urging him away from such blind trust? “Horses … they’ll come and go from your life. Love, pain, sadness; all fleeting.” She begins slowly, extending her viridian nose to bump against his scaled shoulder.

“But you’ve always known yourself, and trusting in that has gotten you here. When you broke hold with Nerine, it was a decision of your own making - and a good one at that.” She pauses, “Your people, my people, we all believe in you, and so does Gryffen, or else he wouldn’t have bothered wasting his time.”

It was true, the lot of it. Amet has held his shaky throne and turned it from a sanctuary into an empire. Now young and old alike would rest easy beneath his watch and sleep soundlessly from the chain links of allies he was constructing. “I don’t think the question really hovers over Gryffen, does it? We both knew the answer. You worry about Loess.” She guesses loosely, all too aware of how pivotal that little hilly kingdom had become in this turmoil of succession.

“If you think me capable, let me handle Heda. I knew her … once.” She drifts, her own eyes now darting away to the surface of the lake. “It all hangs over whether you want to keep her close, or cut her loose.”

Circinae

@[Amet]

Messages In This Thread
    Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine - by Circinae - 10-11-2017, 09:34 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine - by Circinae - 10-17-2017, 01:56 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine - by Circinae - 10-20-2017, 04:38 PM
    RE: Take what the water gave me; Amet, Tangerine - by Circinae - 10-23-2017, 03:40 PM