• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Minor (I think?) new forum thing
    So because I'm a huge nerd and mega creeper, I like to keep BQ up on my tablet at all times. On the old forum this worked nicely, and I'd be logged in and exactly as I left things every time I flipped open said tablet. The new forums will typically log me out. I'm guessing maybe there's an automatic logout timer now, where there wasn't before? Or something? It's a pain to have to log back in each time. That's about all I know!

As a piggyback on to that, I feel like the home page (with the list of new posts) is really hit or miss about updating. Like it used to auto refresh very frequently but now it barely ever does.

The layout itself is the bees knees, I'm just being super nitpicky <3
    Camrynn - Erebor - Wrynn
    (06-06-2015, 08:24 AM)Evie Wrote: So because I'm a huge nerd and mega creeper, I like to keep BQ up on my tablet at all times. On the old forum this worked nicely, and I'd be logged in and exactly as I left things every time I flipped open said tablet. The new forums will typically log me out. I'm guessing maybe there's an automatic logout timer now, where there wasn't before? Or something? It's a pain to have to log back in each time. That's about all I know!

As a piggyback on to that, I feel like the home page (with the list of new posts) is really hit or miss about updating. Like it used to auto refresh very frequently but now it barely ever does.

The layout itself is the bees knees, I'm just being super nitpicky <3

I've looked and didn't see anything on the forum about auto log out times. Are you clicking the "Remember me" button? It may just be the original forum didn't have the correct coding (broken javascript, for example) to auto log out, and since this one does it's doing what it should do. I'll keep looking, though.

Ah, yes, that's an update with the design of that mod. The mod creator got a lot of complaints about bogging down servers with constant refreshing, so he increased the refresh time.
    Kortnee
    Co-Owner
    Ajatar - Harmonia - Sunday
    Yep, definitely clicking the remember me button. If it can't happen it's not the end of the world :-) the auto refresh thing does make sense! Thanks for humoring me, you rock
    Camrynn - Erebor - Wrynn
    Evie, what browser/tablet type do you use? It may be a browser/device issue (I'd lean toward browser in this case). I ask because BQ leaves me logged in on my phone all the time. I can even close that particular browser window and when I open it up I'm still logged in. I use Safari on my phone.

If you tell me what browser/device, I can try to research and see if other people have the same issue and if there's any fix.
    You don't need to do all that if it's just my tablet being a kerfluffle <3

It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab S, model number SM-T700, running Android 5.0.2.
    Camrynn - Erebor - Wrynn