• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I've got no roots; Terran/Any

Everything is surreal.

She had come back from the wild with an aching loneliness weighing heavily in her chest.  Too many years spent on the run from invisible ghosts and intangible monsters.  Far too long without her family and without friendship.  And now?  Now she is face to face with the one who could have been enough company if she had stayed.  The other half of her heart and soul - her twin - who knew everything and more about her. It frightens her in ways she cannot express, in ways that she does not show.  Because alongside the loneliness was the seal of War lodged between her ribs.  Coming back puts her closer to the other seals.  Coming home endangers Terran, her mother and not-father, and all the others.

But she is selfish, too, and so glad to see her brother.

Titanya keeps looking at him as she stands half-in and half-out of the boulder.  He has grown, changed, but somehow his face is already burned in her brain.  She knows each line and curve like her own because they are nearly the same.  Identical in almost every way but color.  Hers’ is the same black as their true father that fades and mottles into stark white on her belly.  His is solid and all encompassing, save for his unique facial markings.  They both carry some of the familial gold, though.  Hers’ on her ears and his on his toes.

The strange, unnamed stallion is quiet, and that is just fine with her. She gives him a final glare before turning back to Terran and the little ones that trail just behind him.  The sabino figures he will introduce them once they catch up, but until then she will not waste a moment in silence (not that she ever has).  He mentions their false-father, their grandfather, and she sighs.  “Speaking of Tiphon, I haven’t been the best sister, Terran.  There is something I should have told you a long time ago.”  She feels his whiskered muzzle connect to close the space that her rock-stuck body couldn’t and prepares to change his life with a few words.

But then the others are there, suddenly.  One is an older boy who is clearly touched by angel genetics.  He looks like Ramiel, almost, with his gilded mane and tail.  But those eyes are new to their line, red and fiery.  Titanya approves.  The girl is younger and shares only their dark coats.  She has the same eyes as the boy (siblings?).  Titanya’s smile grows as she analyzes them, realization dawning when she looks back at Terran.  Well, she’d been half right at least.  “A son?!  My…my nephew, then.”  Her excitement is enough to force her out from the granite boulder she’d been wedged in, and she pushes into her brother’s space without a second thought to get a better look at Ander.  The girl, as it turns out, is not the daughter she had assumed.  A ward?  One that looks exactly like the boy, save for the lack of gold?  Hmmm.  Titanya grins at the two children, so overwhelmingly happy her brother is not alone.  He wasn’t meant to be – not like her.  

“It’s fantastic to meet you both.  I only wish it had been sooner.”  The dark mare nods in Terran’s direction.  “Don’t worry, I don’t have any surprises for you waiting to jump out of the woods.”  Nieces and nephews will be more than enough in her lifetime, she thinks, the thought of motherhood never having crossed her mind.  What does cross it, she asks next.  “Well, not the whole family.  Where are the rest of them?”  It shouldn’t matter (it does).  All she needs is here in front of her.  All the support and companionship she could ever want.  Titanya shakes her head briefly and then smiles back at the trio.  “Mind if I tag along with you guys for a while?  I’m an easy keeper, promise.  And I have a lot of catching up to do.”

Titanya

I've got no roots,
    but my home was never on the ground

@[Terran] @[Ander]

Messages In This Thread
    I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Titanya - 10-17-2017, 01:19 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Terran - 10-19-2017, 10:44 AM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Titanya - 10-22-2017, 06:21 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Ander - 11-05-2017, 05:08 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Terran - 11-08-2017, 03:02 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Titanya - 11-18-2017, 02:57 PM
    RE: I've got no roots; Terran/Any - by Ander - 12-04-2017, 02:08 PM