• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lightning never strikes twice; any/Ea
    Of Hamilton & Yasmine
    He placidly follows after Circinae, or Circy as she had declared herself to be called, into the shade of the palms, quite content to continue on with the sun-dazzlement explanation to cover up the time he'd spent in telepathic snooping instead of greeting the little mare immediately.  A little white lie never hurt anyone, after all, he chuckles inwardly.  Even if they were lies hued in a darker color....It actually was cooler under the click-click-click of the palm trees, and he leans a brown shoulder against one's curved trunk as he listens to the green monarch's promise that she will be attending the harvest festival.  He dramatically inhales, deep, and exhales just as forcefully, trying to get a laugh out of her to match his own joviality over how well this was going now.  That was very good news to Voltage's ears; now he was two for two and he'd have no failure to report to the wraith king.  He'd gotten hints, in the meeting on the way to the Taiga kingdom that Crevan had intended to bring him to, of the....unique ways Gryffen dealt with failure and though he did not fear the cremello, the bay also preferred to keep on his new leader's good side all the same.  Speaking of leaders, had he chosen Door Number Two, he'd have come here, to this island...he'd now be following this wolf-queen.  

Life under her doesn't seem like it would have been a bad thing, but loyalty was bone-deep within the former member of Nexa's band, and his musings go no further than that, no wonders if he'd made the wrong choice or if he ought to consider a change of scenery.  He'd chosen Sylva, and Gryffen, and that was that.  The queen of Ischia makes an offer in return, and he smiles in acknowledgement.  "I will indeed pass the invitation along, and I thank you on my king's behalf.  I look forward to seeing you amongst the gathered revellers.  " Her good mood suddenly vanishes like a dewdrop upon the hot island sands, and Voltage tilts his head with anticipated curiosity.   Whatever she was about to say, she was having quite the difficulty getting it out.  She manages it, though, and he now understands her hesitation.  "I am indeed familiar with him, Lady.  It was actually your son who recruited me to Sylva, and he remains there even now.  Perhaps you'll see him when you arrive at the festival? " Had they parted on harsh terms?  It seems likely given how anxious she had been in mentioning the wolf-shifter.  Or perhaps it was merely a mother longing for the days her son had been small and dependent upon her, their own private world together that had fallen away into ashes as colt became stallion.  Sensing that this meeting is nearing its end, he carefully pushes away from the palm tree's rough trunk in preparation for departure.

V O L T A G E

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Lightning never strikes twice; any/Ea - by Circinae - 11-04-2017, 12:59 PM
    RE: Lightning never strikes twice; any/Ea - by Circinae - 11-08-2017, 04:13 PM
    RE: Lightning never strikes twice; any/Ea - by Voltage - 11-15-2017, 07:05 PM
    RE: Lightning never strikes twice; any/Ea - by Circinae - 11-16-2017, 05:55 PM