• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll Never Be More Than A Wolf At Your Door
    I know my way through the night to your door
    Tick eyed her two companions as this new mare, this Caw, continued her almost teasing mutations. Now she was mimicking Ryan's cat-form. He had shifted from one heart beat to the next when Caw made her unusual appearence, and Tick felt concern that his aggressive posturing might provoke Caw."Ryan, settle down and be a horse again." She admonished him lightly, hoping he'd mind her. Luckily, the strange black mare seemed to be taking it all in stride, enjoying their consternation, even. Tickaani listened as she began to speak, offering a startling invitation.
    Tick huffed a breath, unsure of what exactly was happening here. She looked to Keeper and Ryan, hoping they'd have some insight. Though they were both younger than her, she was knew they were both native to this land. Perhaps such invitations were commonplace here? Like shape-shifting horses. Regardless, she was hesitant to go anywhere along with the tricky mare. It wasn't that she didn't trust her. It was just that she didn't trust her. She felt that she had been given no reason to. But perhaps, if Ryan and Keeper were willing, she might just see where this went. She had nothing to lose, and an island kingdom, even a damaged one, sounded intriguing.
    "Well, what do you think?" She asked the two others. "It's an interesting offer. Might be worth investigating." She mused aloud. A breeze picked up along the openness of the field, ruffling her mane and tail, dragging a bite of winter in its wake. Yes, a sheltered place was sounding better and better to her. She waited to see what the others thought, but she was steadily growing in favor of following the shifter-mare. There were many paths she had not walked yet, and this was one of them. And if there were three of them, they could put up a decent fight if Caw decided to turn on them. Even with her and Keeper being plain as mud ponies, they could still fight the old fashioned way.
    Pleased with this idea, she rested back on her heels, waiting to see how Keeper and Ryan would respond.*  
    tickaani

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll Never Be More Than A Wolf At Your Door - by Tickaani - 11-09-2017, 02:11 PM