• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

shadow i cast, it weighs more than my soul; Lagertha, Any

So unwind this mortal coil with me,
    Cause your darkness is a light to me.
    All of my colour is bleeding away,
    So now you watch me fade into the endless grey,
    Into the endless grey.

____She'd never been to the Jungle before.

____She never knew what it would be like, what the vines would feel against her skin, or the heat and earth beneath her feet. And she felt something twinge within her, the way her hooves sunk into some of the damp earth, the way the heat prickled her skin, the way the vines entangled her in certain ways. It gave Nyryn a feeling, a strange feeling. She did not know where to place it, or put her hoof on.

____The blue roan kept her wings tucked beside her, they could not outstretch or lazily hang by her sides here, she'd already got in a tangle earlier when she tried to enter the Jungle. Thick leathery vines become a barricade. She snorted at first, wondered how she'd get inside. She preserved, got scratched, got thick thorns embedded into her mane, a few cuts trailed crimson down her dark shoulders, but she preserved. There was purpose on the other side of those vines, and for once in her life, she wanted it.

____Lagertha had mentioned the Amazons when they'd spoken in the Meadow -- of course Nyryn had probably shown a different side, the worst side of her. Like a two-faced doll, one side black, one side white. She had a rather bleak time in the Meadow, memories stained her, tainted her mind with a pain that she could not shake off. So the winged one decided to make way to the Jungle. Of course she'd gotten lost, but the moist, the dank heat, it enticed her, wove a thread between her and the Jungle's border. And so Nyryn followed.

____There was an enchantment about it, the way the vines had to be tussled with to get through; their spikes were a magic all of their own. Kept out unwanted guests and kept secrets safe and legacies untold. Nyryn gave a low snort as she finally untangled herself, bits of vine leaf, many thorns were strewn in her black mane as she shook vigorously to get them out. Perhaps she'd leave them, they added a bit more character. The knots formed into strange plaits, merged with the leaves. Gave her a small identity in this world, albeit for a moment.

____She was here for that, an identity. Of course she was uncertain where she would lie with the whole Jungle Sisters. There were hushed whispers on the wind, she knew vague of the past, she knew very little of what really went on inside the Sisterhood. And she wanted to find out. The way Lagertha was, it sort of inspired Nyryn, brought a new meaning to the grey life she'd let for too long. As immortal as she was, the blue roan didn't want to live her ageless years doing nothing.

____Forbidden from becoming anything like her mother, like her sister. She was her own, an individual. She just hoped, small shreds of the strange emotion, that this was where her destiny lay, a sister within the vines, a purpose of something entirely new.

____The winged mare knew of boundaries, they were there for a reason after all. But managing to force her way through the vines to meet them, was a feat all to it's own. Her black ears swivelled, catching sounds that were new to her. She listened, she listened for quite some time, until she gave a small call. She wondered if she'd made a bad impression on the iron lady, she was at her weakest then, and with much deliberation and with a great deal of indecision, she had decided she wanted something more.

____Perhaps the Jungle could offer that.

Nyryn,

the winged, immortal daughter of charon and locket, of nowhere

Sincerely, 
    Nyryn
    this will never end, ‘cause i want more, more, give me more
    Lagertha’s always wondered what the Jungle felt like to others; whether they could hear the occasional whisper of something other, if the howler monkeys simply seemed like noise instead of a carefully concocted concerto that drowned out all other symphonies. It bends and twists and turns like the vines that wrap themselves around each giant tree, growing strong in its ability to manipulate itself and yet never break. It was not colored with blood, like the pits of the Valley, nor was it ethereally light, like the high meadows of the Gates. It was some darker, without being evil, and something mysterious, without being unattainable.

It was wholly female; the Jungle encompassed all aspects of woman - maiden, mother, priestess, shieldmaiden and crone. There was something for everyone, but it required a sacrifice. It required a promise of forever, and such promises were not taken lightly by the Sisterhood.

Lagertha imagines that she is more forgiving than some, knowing that whims change and so long as one who was once a Sister does not fight against or betray the women that inhabit the Kingdom now, there is no reason why they should be marked as a traitor.

The General would not have placed her bets on Nyryn coming to find her, thinking it more of a 50% chance that she would see her again. So it is a pleasant surprise to the iron lady when she comes across the slightly fumbling mare, looking alread like a proper Amazonian with a wild mane and tail. Lagertha smiles slightly, both amused and curious as to what brought the sad blue roan here. “Nyryn. I didn’t think you would take me up on the offer. It is good to see you. Come, there’s a path over here that is a little easier to follow.” She turns and leads the way, plowing through thick greenery with determination. When the duo reaches the path, it is only a short walk to the large open area, where it is much easier to talk.

Lagertha, however, doesn’t say anything - she simply looks at Nyryn with a questioning gaze and waits for her to say something. That is why she came, isn’t it? To find… answers? To find a home?

lagertha
    carnage x grim reaper; amazonian general

So unwind this mortal coil with me,
    Cause your darkness is a light to me.
    All of my colour is bleeding away,
    So now you watch me fade into the endless grey,
    Into the endless grey.

____Nyryn felt the magic within the jungle, she felt that there was a far greater pulse deeper within the confines of the vines, the vastness of the green and spikes. It was an impenetrable fortress, but for those that wanted in. She had persevered, it had given the blue roan something of an idea. If she managed to clamber through, then she would have the sisterhood within the palms of her hands, but if she failed then there was a life of misery and grey despair behind her. The winged mare pushed then, she wanted out of the grey misery, the despair that clung to her like dark rain clouds and with claws that never wanted to let go. As she pushed through the spiky vines and thick thorns, it was like an epiphany, one that coloured her grey little world.

____The blue roan heard noises, at first she thought it was the whispers coming from within, the pulse within the air almost electric, the animals, small, large, she felt as if they were all watching her. eyes on her, wondering if she would dare stay or run back to a life that she didn't know anything about. She was mouldable, was Nyryn. Like an apple, rotten on the outside, she wore her bitterness on her sleeve, cold, withdrawn. But once peeled, once cut away at the rot, the decay, she was fresh, she was sweet. And she held a candle of a strange little hope, that flickered away in the darkness.

____Lagertha didn't take too long, she did not think of any less from the iron lady. She made a lasting impression on the winged mare and Nyryn hoped that she would at least remember her, hopefully not all the flaws she showed. She whickered to the iron mare, stomped a muddy hoof and gave a shake of her mussed mane. "Hello Lagertha." she said, ears twitching forward, still hearing all the jungle noises in the distance, still attuning themselves to the iron General. "You gave me a choice, something I've not had in a very long time. I thought given the opportunity, I should snatch it up." she smiled then, black lips tweaking at the corners. She was thankful in that moment that the iron lady wouldn't see the smile fade too quickly. a little bit of self doubt hindering her.

"Those vines, they are something." Nyryn made conversation, as she slipped in behind Lagertha as the pair walked through the small passage and into the larger clearing. She could hear more of the jungle then, felt the pulse beneath her feet quicken, feel more electric, more alive. "I was hoping, feeble thing, I know. But I was hoping on taking up that offer of yours. If it still stands." she admitted, fumbling a little. Her blue eye continued to stay rigid upon the steely mare, whilst the brown flitted around a little, accustoming to the damp backdrop, her nostrils inhaling the slightly sweet musk, exotic scent that the jungle had.

____"I'd like to join the notorious sisterhood. If they'd take me. I may not offer much, but I have a loyalty that remains unwavering, a mind that is reasonably good at calculations and well..." she paused then, looked at the limp wings at her side, she shifted them, they arched, black leathery worn things stretching out and broadening at hr sides. "I have these." she smiled, a goofy toothy one, a small laugh, it echoed in the clearing and it gave her a small fright. How laughter could throb within her veins, a joke slip from her lips. She hoped this was a beginning of a better future, she had time, she had endless time to work on things. "And I have an endless amount of time to work on my faults." she added, because after all, Nyryn was riddled with them, but the first step to conquering them, was admitting they were there.

Nyryn,

the winged, immortal daughter of charon and locket, of nowhere

Sincerely, 
    Nyryn