• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

between the shadows and the soul - killdare, any

Killdare was feeling perhaps a bit out of sorts, after spilling all that he was. He hadn't expected to be received without admonishment, there was none. They simply heard him out. He had shared so much with them, and known very little at all in return. He wasn't sure if he needed to really,not necessarily right off the bat anyways. He thought it their right to know him, this was their home, he was but a newcomer. Unproven in his loyalties. The time would come for him to know them in return, so long as he was sure to keep up where he should.

Erebor seems much more interested, inquisitive, like he just can not get enough. He seems to listen intently, nodding here or there when appropriate. Either acknowledging him, or making his agreements visible. At the end Straia politely inquires about his sister, wanting to know where the little hellion had ended up. She wasn't wrong to ask, actually it was a pretty intelligent inquiry. One should stay diligent when learning or hearing about those that lacked pleasant character. His brow furrowed, he hadn't the answer to that, simply because he hadn't bothered to yet track her down. It would be easy enough, but it had felt such a chore to him that he hadn't considered yet keeping up with her. Until now.

"I must unfortunately say that I don't know. I'll track her down though,find out for you. Us." He tacked on, he would do this for them all. "In truth, I thought it a chore, but now seeing as I'll be staying here, that seems information we'd best keep up with. Myself more than you, i keep my word if nothing else." He assured them he would follow up on this, as soon as possible. He really needed to anyways.

Erebor ever the information seeker, tacks on a new question. He sensed that the boy probably wouldn't be all the pleased to hear his answer. "No, I will not have need to return to Calcordia. Once we choose, we are not welcome back, not unless we are there to do business of our own. Trading daughters or sons, that sort of thing. I knew the consequences of my choice when I left, I do not desire to return there. For trade or otherwise." It was apparent that Killdare may have some daddy issues sprinkled in for good measure.

Straia doesn’t judge. What right does she have to judge? She’s never killed, yes, that is true. But she seeks revenge. It sits heavy in her heart, buried in the back, but there nonetheless. It will never consume her, and her life will not be incomplete should she never get revenge on her mother’s murderer. But still, she wouldn’t mind. Though, she’s beginning to think she’s already gotten her revenge. It’s impossible for her to know if her suspicions are correct. But if Rodrik really had killed her mother, dethroning and trading him to the Valley was the best revenge she was likely to ever get.

This, of course, is why she does not judge. This, among other things. But mostly this. She’s hardly an upstanding citizen. When the opportunity presented itself, to both take the crown and secure an alliance between the two dark kingdoms (that had been at odds for centuries, rather than working together), she took it without a thought. It didn’t matter to her that the King she was usurping was her Father. All that mattered to her was he had failed the Chamber, become solitary and undependable, and the Chamber deserved the best. He was no longer the best.

After all, he’s the one who taught her just what the Chamber deserved. Look Dad, she learned her lesson. Clearly, Straia has her own Daddy issues. Always would, though over the years, they have become far less troublesome.

Erebor asks a few other questions, and Killdare is kind enough to indulge them both and answer. She nods her head in response to her own question. “Ah, I can’t say I’ve always been known for keeping the most trustworthy of friends at my side. But friends or enemies, knowledge is power. Whatever you learn can be of use someday.” While she wants the Chamber out stirring the pot a bit, ruffling some feathers with steals and challenges, what she really wants is information. It is the most useful currency of all.

“Is there anything you want to know of us, Killdare?” She asks after a moment when he’s finished. He’s shared willingly, and she figures that she ought to offer the same in return.

straia

queen of the chamber

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission