• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

been too many nights; malekith

Malekith

i wanna let go but there's comfort in the panic

He doesn't have any destination in mind.

He wonders if any of them truly do, when they come to wander the social grounds. They are here to socialize—obviously, Malekith, very observant of you—but is there any goal to it? Is there anything to gain from empty socializations and bland interactions? His own interactions here in this newer common ground have been far from bland (Starlin had been just the right company, exactly what he needed after years of silence), but to what end? In the end, they talk, they move on, they forget one another. It's how things go and how they've always been. After all, there isn't a single horse who would remember him as the once-prince of the Chamber.

The Chamber doesn't even exist anymore... he needs to let go.

Winter is swiftly approaching, and the painted stallion has already developed a thick coat that protects him from the nights that are already approaching frigid temperatures. He is here today, deep within the woods, for no reason other than to just wander. The air is colder than it's been in days, but he enjoys it all the same; the love for cold weather is in his blood, after all. Tatter had loved it before him—why else would he rule such a cold, unforgiving kingdom?

He is unaware of the dark eyed woman that follows him silently, too lost in his own troubled thoughts to realize he has a follower. He hadn't known his family well at all, he is coming to realize. Sure, his parents were monarchs once upon a time and he had a twin sister named Lyanna—but what of them? He remembers their faces, but their voices are a distant memory that is harder and harder to grasp each day. They had never been close; some days Tatter would be at Frost's throat, and their arguments would shake the Chamber. They had loved each other, but that hadn't kept their family close.

Eventually he stops and glances behind him, if nothing else but to see if there is anyone else this deep into the forest. His eyes fall on the mare that has been following him, and the smile on her face is one of slight disappointment, as if she had expected him to be someone else. He smiles sadly as she sighs lightly, his yellow eyes watching her carefully.  

"I'm not who you thought I would be, right?" he asks after a few silent minutes, moving to breathe in her scent. "You thought I was someone else." He supposes that is what comes of living life in total solitude—there's always going to be another who looks like you, but you're not going to be the one they expect to find. It makes him feel a bit lonely, but what else should he expect?

"Regardless of who you thought I am, I'm Malekith," he says, two-toned tail flicking over his hocks. The question is now, who is she?

Messages In This Thread
    been too many nights; malekith - by keeper - 10-23-2017, 11:50 PM
    RE: been too many nights; malekith - by Malekith - 10-28-2017, 06:15 PM
    RE: been too many nights; malekith - by keeper - 10-29-2017, 11:32 AM