• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Looking for a Tornado [Gryffen]

Crossing Sylva's borders feels right now. He had long-since been gone from the forest - he had missed the party, had missed much of the chaos. But he decided he could not come back until his quest was done - until he had the heart of another cradled in his embrace, proving himself worthy to the red-eyed wraith.

The heart had swung from his lips on the journey back from the forest, where the young mare's lifeless body still lay. The blood had long-since dried on Mortem's coat, but he didn't bother to wash it off. The clown enjoyed staying caked in the deep crimson plasma. 

He calls once. He knew that Gryffen would be lurking somewhere in the shadows as he so often did. The joker would give him the heart of the mare, and be proved worthy of a rank within the king's twisted army. He waits patiently for the stallion to emerge from the darkness...now, it was just a matter of waiting.

Modicum Mortem

They all float…

@[Gryffen]

Went ahead and made a post so they can chat about the murder. Hope that's okay Smile

|Proceed with Caution|

a ghost in the darkness.
    He had missed the party. The white wraith had noticed the clown’s absence. While he had wanted his subjects to partake in all the pleasures of the flesh, he is secretly pleased by the dedication the strange stallion had taken to his task. So once the fire has finished it’s path of destruction, once the burnt part of the forest has settled to ash and charred wood, he finally appears before the clown.

There’s a flicker of a skeletal smile hinting at his lips but he does not shift back to this newest acquired piece of magic. Instead, his crimson eyes remain and linger on the dangling piece of gore hanging from the stallion’s mouth. The task had been simple on paper but harder to carry out. There had been a riddle in his words, a test of sorts. ”Who did you kill and why?” He finally asks, his unwavering gaze locked on his. Waiting for the story of his assassination.

Gryffen

@[Modicum Mortem]

Gryffen's eyes are hard to miss. They are the first thing the clown notices as the wraith emerges from the trees; he had known it was only a matter of time before the watchful King of Sylva would reveal himself, ask who Modicum Mortem had killed. 

He drops the heart from his mouth; it rolls over towards Gryffen almost comically. It looks dry, shriveled up now from the joker's journey from the forest. It is secretly pleasing to the black stallion, but he keeps his composure, mouth a straight line across his face. His icy eyes lock with Gryffen's blood red hues.

"Who did you kill and why?" The wraith asks, and the slightest hint of a smirk paints the clown's lips. 

"A mare. Black and white. I did not catch her name," He begins, tilting his head to relish in the memory. "I was in the field, looking for someone. She came to me, asked me to kill her. She said something along the lines of 'I am my own worst enemy.'" He stifles rolling his own eyes. "She was persistent...so I ripped out her heart." He gestures to the organ laying between them, then patiently waits for Gryffen's words.

Modicum Mortem

They all float…

@[Gryffen]

|Proceed with Caution|

Jah-Lilah
    someday, we will foresee obstacles
    In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel, living in the Garden of Evil.

The red wytch's pregnancy had opened a new segment of her brain. There was a fierce, primal need to protect her child now that drove her. She was fearless and devoted to her family, two traits that hadn't shown themselves to her in years. It was this desperate need to protect the life growing inside her that made her trail the dark stallion, she had seen him several times when her she-mate had been holding council with the white wolf, and she had an uneasy feeling about him. She had heard @[Gryffen] give him the mission, to kill, to spill blood upon the face of her Earth-Mother, and the dark one was much to eager to oblige. It made her uneasy, wary. 

When she had witnessed him murder a girl, pied like Spotted-Seer, she knew she had to follow him, had to hear him admit it. She had her own warning to give these selfish stallions who think their swinging cocks was what ran the world. They would not bring their drama around hers, and they would be wise to heed her words and not come for her family. She heard him retell his story to his master, and it made her hair stand up on end. So much pride, so much thrill they both got from the kill, it irritated her. Life was to be appreciate and cherished, not thrown away and treated so casually. She could not hold her bold tongue any longer.

She burst through the underbrush she was hiding in with a fearlessness usually reserved for only the bravest warriors, shouting at the top of her witchy lungs. The air is alive around the three of them with her electricity, she holds nothing back when making the display of her power known."You!" She is addressing the dark male first, @[Modicum Mortem], repulsed by the growth on his nose, it terrifies and enrages her. She's never seen such a thing on a horse before. "He-Who-Honks! Despite your insatiable thirst for blood, you would do well to keep far from me and mine, for I will kill and die for those I call kin. You are heartless, Honkers, and I refuse to lose any that mean the world to me to one so ruthless as you." She snorts, now feeling empowered by her own courage, and turns to the lighter stallion. He is small, but he is mighty, yet she can fear him not. "And you, Leads-Them-Astray, with your white cloak of death that surrounds you, should you ever test the Wolf-of-the-Water, you will find me at her side. You send your mate and your slaves after us, but still we shall rise. Keep your dogs in check, Wraith, and your problems will stay your own." With that ominous warning she is gone like a thief in the night, the only sign she had been there were four hoof prints singed into the ground in her anger and recklessness.  

I'm screwed up, scared, and doing anything that I need to.

OOC: Hope yall don't mind, I'm just trying to get her involved in some kingdom stuff, haha.
    a ghost in the darkness.
    There is nothing but silence and fog that swirls around the wraith as he listens to the story of his kill. There’s a flicker in the crimson of his eyes, unreadable. Had Morty accomplished the task? Technically, yes. He had killed another but that had been the easy part. To be an assassin, one does not just take a willing victim. They hunt, they plot. They put the blame on another, one who wishes for the death of a lover, of one that had spurned them. He had wanted a contract, he had wanted payment to be owed. He wanted someone to feel the weight of blood on their hands. In this… This simple answer of Morty finding a pathetic wretched creature who had offered death freely… He had failed the task given to him.

However,

Like with Ouija, there was that wicked sense to please. To be better than what he was. The clown had attempted to do the task. ”Not quite what I expected.” The ghostly growl flits from his pale lips, letting his disappointment known. ”But I shall promote you anyways. You shall have another chance.” Let them think him a fair and just King. Let them think he has such things as mercy. He does not, he merely doesn’t see the benefit in killing the clown yet.

”The next time you don’t meet my expectations… The consequences will be dire.”

Before he can continue, there’s suddenly a blur of red and angry words. It’s with bewildered amusement he looks to Jah-Lilah. Ahhhh Circy’s…. Lesbian lover. Crimson eyes rove over the mare, taking in the swell of her barrel. Interesting, had the Water Wolf gained some new magic to impregnate her female lover? He takes this information and once more stores it away for later.

She berates them both and he can only give an amused sneer in response. At the name she gives him, at her hormonal outburst and her loose threat. Before he can respond, she is gone in a flurry of feathers and fur. He watches her retreating back with a grin. Something to bring up in a future kingdom meeting when he finds the green mare…. What Jah-Lilah failed to notice was that Circy was not quite as opposed to his tactics as she was. They both were fascinated with the others methods although neither would admit it. He knew the water mare’s heart better then Jah did, he had seen it. Had seen her true desire. He wonders if it has changed. He makes a note to find out.

Looking back to Morty with a smug glance, he finally continues after being so rudely interrupted. ”As I was saying…” And then there’s a wicked idea, a very wicked idea indeed. And he steps closer to the clown, past the bright offensive red nose to murmur quietly between them. ”Another task. We shall work on your hunting skills. No killing, not yet. Follow that mare. I want to know where she goes, who she talks to, where she sleeps at night. You must be like the night, you must not be seen. You must not be heard. Information only. If you can do this… If you do not fail me… Then I shall give you a small reward and a second task.” Baby steps... Baby steps.

Pulling back, he eyes the bright red nose with disdain. ”And for god sake find a way to look less inconspicuous with that bright red nose Rudolph.” And then suddenly he is gone, melting back into the shadows and the burned graveyard that he belongs to. Perhaps he also noticed there shriveled up empty heart was also gone, taken by the wraith to add to his growing collection of unusual things. He has a mind to play with it later, when he can find the right magic to coax it open and reveal it’s secrets.

Gryffen

@[Modicum Mortem]

Gryffen's disappointment is evident, and Modicum Mortem feels awash with shame that he has failed the wraith. He had hoped maybe this killing would have proved him worthy, but it only made Sylva's King doubt him more. His eyes shoot down as he inwardly curses himself - how could he fix what was already broken?

And before Gryffen can finish with this conversation, another is approaching. Mortem's view switches from the leaf-covered ground to a crimson stranger, who is obviously filled with anger over the black and white mare's murder. 

The mare's interruption and pathetic threats do not phase the clown. His eyes only loom over her lazily, and he laughs as she speaks her "peace." Her barrel was swollen, just as his flame's was, and he stares at the red stomach for a moment before she is gone, storming off through the trees. He turns back to Gryffen so they can finish their conversation.

"Follow that mare." To his surprise, another task, another chance. A warped grin paints the black stallion's face, and he bows his head. As Gryffen recedes into the shadows, he lets out only a simple reply. 

"It shall be done." 

And then he is gone. 

Modicum Mortem

They all float…

@[Gryffen]

|Proceed with Caution|