• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Let's Play a Game[Steal attempt post]
    Steals are technically IC. Ouija would be able to know the color, breed, name, etc. of the horse(s) he is trying to steal. He wouldn't have a clue who the player was or their teg code because that isn't part of the game. Does that help clarify? If so, we can tweak the rule language so it reflects this way of thinking about it.

It's not a rule because it seemed, logically, that the away rule would be enough. If a horse is no longer a leader of a kingdom <i>before</i> you post a steal, how can you steal from them? It is your job, as the stealer, to check before you post. We can make this a rule, but it's already quite clear everyone thinks there are too many rules. So now we are sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Damned if we do, damned if we don't. What would you do in our shoes?

In addition, someone can't just switch lands in the middle of a steal to avoid a steal. Once the steal is up, just like the away rule, it's valid regardless of what happens. So unless you are telling everyone in the cbox about your steal before you post it, which I'm guessing probably isn't the case, this really can't happen. It only matters what the current state of the game is at the time you post.

I know steals are complicated -- if you have any suggestions for simplification, let us know!

Messages In This Thread
    Let's Play a Game[Steal attempt post] - by Ouija - 10-28-2017, 08:31 AM
    RE: Let's Play a Game[Steal attempt post] - by Offspring - 10-28-2017, 07:21 PM
    RE: Let's Play a Game[Steal attempt post] - by Krys - 10-28-2017, 10:56 PM
    RE: Let's Play a Game[Steal attempt post] - by Kyra - 10-29-2017, 01:37 PM