• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

black bird singing in the dead of night
    Sreva surpassed a chuckle when she saw Chemdog lift his head, a patch of grass still partially dangling from inside his mouth; apparently he'd been in the middle of eating when he turned to look at her. She doesn't see the grin that appears on his face, but her ears pick up the sound of the whicker that rumbles out from his chest, his lips blowing out from the sound. The mare felt a stir in her chest, a warmth spreading through her as Chemdog proceeded to run his muzzle over her face, neck, and chest, enjoying the feeling of the powerful stallion near her.

"I have been well," she offers, running her own tapered muzzle down the base of Chemdog's neck, "It has been rather quiet here though, but I must admit, I am feeling rather... bored, I guess, for lack of a better word. My life is wonderful here, but I guess I just, I don't feel as if I'm being useful in any means. You're here teaching the young ones about how to defend themselves, and their home here in Hyaline. I feel like a stick in the mud, a useless bump on a tree, wondering what I could be doing here I guess..."

Her eyes adapted a faraway look for a brief moment, almost as if she'd regretted saying those words. She didn't want to prove to be any trouble to the stallion, not when he'd so graciously brought her here and given her a safe home. And a wonderful colt in their son, his bright and adventurous personality a reflection of both of his parents.

Sreva was almost regretful that she didn't ask Chemdog if he'd like to have another foal with her, for the autumn season had already passed which meant she would not be ready for next year. It felt strangely empty, her belly, but she wouldn't let him know; Chemdog had enough to worry about with his position and trying to keep her, Xzavier, and Amet happy with their life here.

"But enough of my own worries. Xzavier has not been able to stop talking about what he's been learning from you; he's been practicing on his own too. He says that he wants to help you run the warfare portion of the kingdom one day, to help train the new young ones that come here for safe haven. That colt, he's quite rambunctious, but I can see a lot of my father in him, even though I didn't know him all that well. He's got a lot of you too, which is a shame, because I thought that the blackened white coat was enough," she joked, gently nuzzling the stallion under his jowl.

@[Chemdog]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: black bird singing in the dead of night - by Sreva - 11-06-2017, 12:23 PM