• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but all I see is you and me -- anyone

the fight for you
    is all I've ever known --

She does not yet realize the drastic changes that have taken place here. She doesn’t know that the land of her birth – Heaven’s Gates – no longer existed. In fact, none of the kingdoms did. She doesn’t know that the magic of Beqanna had been fluctuating, giving and taking much in the same way as the tide, though her own immortality had remained untouched, most likely because she had been far out of Beqanna’s reach. From where she stands in the meadow it is only the faces that look different, but she knows she cannot stay in the meadow forever. The thing that she had missed the most when she had been on the other side of the mountain pass was having a home. A herd, or a kingdom. A group of unfamiliar faces. She wanted a purpose. Her travels had not fulfilled her in the way she had thought they would.

Keeper’s company was enjoyable, and she found herself relaxing alongside of her. Who knew that kicking a rock into the river would spark a conversation! She speaks of her family, and even though it brings a smile to her face there is a glimmer of nostalgia in her doe-like eyes. She missed her family. Her mother, her father, and her array of full siblings. Her family was the one thing she would give anything to have back. ”There’s nothing wrong with that,” she says in response to Keeper’s father’s view on her wildness. She asks of the outlands, and Keiran nods her head. ”I have, actually. I was born here, in a kingdom, but I always wondered what else was out there. It seemed like everything came so easy to everyone else. The kingdom life, falling in love, making friends.” It was how it had been for her parents, and even her siblings. Everyone had a purpose, except for her.

”I’ve been gone for years. I don’t think I have any family left, but I missed Beqanna. The world out there, it’s so different. It’s beautiful and untamed, but I couldn’t stop thinking about this place.” She realizes now that she’s been talking quite a bit, and she can’t help but laugh.”I’m talking a lot. It’s just been so long since I last had anyone to talk to.” She knew she had missed her home and being around other horses, but she hadn't realized just how much until she had met Keeper.

K E I R A N
    immortal daughter of
    jarris and plumeria

Messages In This Thread
    but all I see is you and me -- anyone - by Keiran - 10-26-2017, 10:58 PM
    RE: but all I see is you and me -- anyone - by Keiran - 11-11-2017, 05:12 PM